PDA

View Full Version : When will the Wulin join the Faction war?

Herbstlicht
12-29-2018, 06:32 PM
Pretty much the topic. Guess not yet? Though I would really love some new spice to old boring faction war, where vikings win every season. Oh and I know Samurai won last one. But Vikings were clearly superior with 3% more assets, Samurai victory was weird and did not feel earned by the players, but gifted by the system.

Tundra 793
12-30-2018, 03:57 AM
Hopefully, never.

You're absolutely right that the faction war needs some spice, but a new faction ain't the right one I feel. Y'all know I'm one of the few For Honor lore nerds, and the Wu Lin just don't quite fit. It's a fun little addition, but there's so, so much more that could be done with the 3 original factions, and the Faction War.

We know that the lands to the south, and west are part Knight, it's where the Gladiator and Centurion come from, and we know that the Vikings have conquered, own and maintain lands to the north, or north east, it's where Highlanders and Shamans come from. The Samurai remain rather stuck in their swamps, but are clearly full of secrets, hence Shinobi's.

Faction War balance is a complicated matter, but tossing in another whole new faction will not fix it. For Honor's got a damn long list of stuff to be fixed, balanced or entirely reworked, the War only being one of them.
It still pains me that Ubisoft won't address and discuss these things openly with their community.

Vendelkin
12-30-2018, 10:11 AM
Pretty much the topic. Guess not yet? Though I would really love some new spice to old boring faction war, where vikings win every season. Oh and I know Samurai won last one. But Vikings were clearly superior with 3% more assets, Samurai victory was weird and did not feel earned by the players, but gifted by the system.

Please note that samurai have also lost seasons/chapters with 5% more total troops than the next best faction before. Total troops is far less important than how, where, and when the troops are placed.

That being said it definately does feel like ubi artificially boosts or manipulates the faction war to balance things and make each faction feel special in turn.

Also wu lin should never join the faction war in its current design. It would break the balance, and mechanics completely without a full scale rework and new system.

Herbstlicht
12-30-2018, 02:33 PM
Hmm, interesting. But given some earlier Dens informations, it was said WuLin would be coming as a fully fleshed out faction. Was even talk about the banner shape. Of course, things can change. But because there really is a lack of information on this topic, I am rather curious. Will they join in, will the whole system be improved, or should everyone play vikings because most of the time, you get the most exp due to most territories owned? And likely the faction war win as well. So actually, I think the system could not be worse then it is now. Would only be a smaller fraction of the playerbase winning the rewards.

Knight_Raime
12-31-2018, 01:00 AM
I'd assume earliest would be next season. Devs stated it would be a fully fledged faction, so unless they announce otherwise i'd assume it's still going to happen.