PDA

View Full Version : (Settlers I) Instructions to play

Forestbeast29
12-29-2018, 03:53 PM
Got the History Edition for Christmas and was looking for playing instructions ? Is there any either online or within the downloads to point me in correct direction

Ubi-Thorlof
01-04-2019, 03:12 PM
Hey there, you can find the full manual in the installation folder of the game.
Additionally, we prepared a small guide on our website:
https://www.thesettlers-alliance.com/en/guide-the-settlers-i-history-edition/

Hope this helps you getting started in The Settlers 1.

pett3rson
01-31-2020, 11:48 AM
Hi Thorlof,

I hope you will find soon this mail or reply.

I am an old fan of Settlers series, of course the First One is my biggest love, I keep playing nowadays too. I bought the History edition as it's appeared in your shop.

I have a question which is very important to me and maybe to everybody else too.

Soldiers. They are very important in this game and I have some problems with them since the beginning and I have some answers but I'd like to see clearer.

Promoting soldiers is very difficult, as I see. I know about keeping the soldiers in the Palace or in warehouses with a bunch of gold to promote them fast is very important, but it seems to me that something is not OK.
I mean I have a lot of swords, lot of shields, lot of free settlers who can turn into soldiers immidiately, they are camping at the Castle..but the progress is really slow, even with faster time ellapse. I send back regurarly the worst ones to get better ones at the Guard huts or Castles, sometimes it seems that this works and the upgrading process getting faster, but I have very few Knights :( I mean Commander, so best, strongest type of soldier.

Usually if the computer is attacking me, "he" have a lot of stronger soldier than me. It's obviously cheating, but the A.I. always do that, but how can I keep up the "speed" to have better soldiers as my enemies?

Let me know what is the secret to get good Military?

Best regards, Peter.