PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Perk Combinations and Why ;-;

BeardedFrappe
12-28-2018, 06:56 PM
Why are there so many perk combinations for just one piece of gear now? This is more tedious and irritating than the previous gear system.
You can easily reach the 30-40 (just an estimate) mark of perks on one piece of gear now.......That ain't fun.

Why the hell can you refine/upgrade past the 600 mark and get nothing for wasting that Steel? (Please change this to make it worth going over the 600 mark)

Why can't there be certain perks for like say the Armour and certain perks on the Weapon pieces? Which would make perk builds much easier to do and to actually think of builds.

Right now all you do is collect gear that has decent perks for the hero you play and hope to the holy mother of grey skull that you can keep looting gear that have the perks you want and not the HP Pot with Supersonic or something useless along those lines (you get what am saying). It feels rushed and half baked when implemented.

Are there any changes coming to perks during Year of The Harbinger? As in good quality of life changes?

P.S: Please don't add more perks. It's tedious enough as it is.

Ubiflowessence
12-28-2018, 07:30 PM
Right now, I have no info on if there will be any changes coming to the perks system in Yea of The Harbinger, but I'd like to get each person's thoughts on what they wish were different about the perks system or if they think it is fine the way it is?

The16th-Legion
12-28-2018, 09:17 PM
Right now, I have no info on if there will be any changes coming to the perks system in Yea of The Harbinger, but I'd like to get each person's thoughts on what they wish were different about the perks system or if they think it is fine the way it is?

remove the whole system

BeardedFrappe
12-28-2018, 09:34 PM

I don't hate the perks or anything they were good and sorely needed for new players, returning and dedicated players all round for the overall quality and longevity of the game. It was just the way they have been implemented into the game.

The one thing I can safely say that I don't like about the perks is how random they are on each piece of gear, the sheer number of perk combinations per piece is insane, the grind for the good perks takes forever and getting good perk combinations is also annoying. It's almost as if the game has traded the insane dmg and revenge builds in matches for an annoying gear grind for perks in your inventory with a confusing array of combinations.

They can do with some changes however and just an idea below with reasons:

There random on each piece of gear, 7 perks on the armour and weapon pieces, close to 30-40 perk combinations (estimated) on just one piece of gear (most perks being relatively useless save for 3 or 4 of them per hero) which makes you hope for the good perks which are useful in most situations in game.

The perks need a structure or something for people to make builds more easily such as having 4 perks on armour pieces and 3 perks on the weapon pieces. It would make perk builds more easy to make and less confusing when in your gear inventory. Even adding more perks with this idea in mind would be useful as well for making specific perks based around attack or defensive purposes.

Smuggler007
12-30-2018, 01:58 AM

Yeah, allow single perk loots to drop for Legendary and Epic rarities. Highly annoying to see only two random perk combos on a single piece of gear at those levels.

Jastorm187
12-30-2018, 04:01 AM
Honestly, you made it impossible to get the combinations you want, and when you do, you made it pointless to upgrade gear once you get the perks. Scrap the fact that you only get points for one perk. Make it so you get a total number of points and you put those points toward the perks you want; obviously scaling the higher rank perks need more points.
Also make it so every point put into the perk increase its effectiveness up to a certain maximum. So upgrading gear gives you more benefit for every upgrade. Let people pick and choose what perks they want and experiment and put points towards it.

You took away the purpose of gear... Not the stats we lost, the goal to achieve. the build we like

Sekiro...
12-30-2018, 09:02 PM
useless perks:

DEVOURER if I want a huge heal amount on execution I will just use an execution with larger animation
EARLY REAPER "next attack will deal 20% more dmg"... well, playing as assassin my next attack will be surelly a light, so 20% of this have no use
CRUSH THEM almost same thing of early reaper
SUPERSONIC common guys.. we have better stuffs to do while in revenge than run around

not a big deal perks

RADIANT REBOUND well I would love to have it for shugoki or kensei but they dont... in other hand, for nobuhi I dont thing this perk is a big deal
GALESTORM its just ok... should be better

you guys should remove DEVOURER, SUPERSONIC and EARLY REAPER
change CRUSH THEM for "for the next 10 seconds your attacks will deal 20% more damage"
give RADIANT REBOUND to the one that really need this
buff GALESTORM with more speed and more time or something else

Helnekromancer
12-30-2018, 10:57 PM
I don't understand how the new Perk System turned my Nobushi and Valkyrie into Clerics?

The revive and running speed perks do nothing in a fight, the only useful speed perk is the Feline one but that's only because it's a permanent stat buff. The other are useless even with a bonus 20% movespeed I'm still slower than the average Assassin.

Also who thought "Man I can't wait to pop revenge, and run away." with the Supersonic perk? Even if it was based to be a "Tactical Withdraw" perk did you guys forget the insane amount of Heroes with 20-30 feet tracking heavy attacks that let them fly across the battlefield?

All you are doing is telling your teammates and enemies is that you would rather run away than fight, only to die like a coward because you didn't get far. :/

Smuggler007
01-11-2019, 05:24 PM
They could add a 4th perk by making the default hero perk an automatic passive (points free), and the next three optional (requires the usual points). Then again, they're likely to introduce a whole new perk system by season 10.

mann61299
01-11-2019, 10:23 PM
There has been a ton of feedback on Perks, but it seems for no reason. There hasn't been any update on perks or even conversation from the devs concerning perks. And all moderators do is ask for feedback (but we have given so much feedback).

One of the biggest issues is that I can achieve 3 perks and have 162 gear score (min needed for arcade weekly) without EVER upgrading or refining. So, what benefit is there to upgrade and refine my gear? Currently, there is NO benefit to upgrade/refine gear. That alone is a HUGE problem with the perks system and shows how poorly it was planned and implemented.

I personally like gear stats way more than perks, but I like not having to upgrade my gear or wait until I'm at least rep 8 with a hero to feel like i'm on equal footing. So I do understand why gear stats was replaced with perks, but someone on the design team for perks NEEDS to spend some time on the forum threads where perk feedback is plentiful and make some updates.

Hormly
01-13-2019, 05:56 AM
I vote for getting rid of it all. What a mess. Unnecessary

EnjoyTheRandoms
01-16-2019, 01:58 PM

heavy perks are really good compared to others. Make perks valuable for every class

Inzzane_79
01-16-2019, 04:56 PM
Big Fan of removing them for good

but if not removed, what could help would be something like each gear Piece gives Points, but not for a specific perk, those points can be used by the player to put into the perks he/she wants. That way we can choose which perks we want without relying on RNG drops and we can change them whenever we want without needing to grind and hope for rngsus to bless us. Upgrading a gear Piece would net you more Points to invest. Points need to be limited so you can only have a maximum of 3 active perks.

SwellChemosabe
01-16-2019, 09:24 PM
I know perks arent popular among most of the community but ill say that it was a hell of a lot better than dealing with revenge builds.

It was kind of a bad move to remove gear stats when players had already spent countless hours making the perfect build for their play style. Worse so, when it was switched out, players werent compensated for the amount of steel or scrap that they effectively wasted when the perk system was implemented. Sure we got to keep our legendary gear but instead of giving us something more useful it seemed as though it was replaced with a random perk that i can guess most everybody didnt even have a reason to use.

Im greatful for the change, having to deal with revenge builds was abnoxious, but it was handled a little poorly. I love that everyone is on a more even playing field, noobs and day one players alike and a little more skill is required but i hate that i now have to spend hours at a time reconfiguring my gear.

If gear stats were to come back then just take out peoples ability to abuse the revenge gain and duration. But because theyre not then ill say for certain that the perks definately need some work.

First and foremost, why are heroes only given certain perks but not others? I picked up valkery and i love it so far but the fact that she's basically set up to be the medic, why would i play her? I get that theres team modes but how often is it that players wanna play a supporting role in a fighter game? Unlock the perks for all the heroes so people can set up how they like. Itd be better considering we have loadouts, so if we're playing with friends and everyone has a specific role there could be room to say "hey, let me get my medic kit."

Secondly id say some of those values need significant changes. It was mentioned earlier that increased speed of 20% means nothing when youre trying to out run a group of shamans or PK's. Like wise, increased health or stamina by 3 or 4% capping out at 4 gains? Either ramp up those percentages or increase the amount of gains because thats not nearly enough to make a significant difference in how a match might turn out.

And lastly, make the end match loot more consistant. Sure i have a perk slotted in the legendary section but its only and increase of....oh, 20 points. So youre giving us gear with perk points attached that we cant even use for another 5 reps. Either give us a range thats reasonable and consistent with the level gear we have or give us the option to assign perks associated with that level to the gear.
I.e. i have A piece of rare gear but it doesnt have the perk i want, so let me change the perk as oppossed to waiting for the perfect piece to come along 15 matches later.

Also, how about some compensation? The players who've been playing since day one have grinded enough. Can we get at least something back? Champion status for a few months at least? Or how about a collective total for the amount of contracts that have come out since our starting day?

Helnekromancer
01-17-2019, 04:28 AM
All they had to do was remove the Revenge stats on the gear and replace it with something else, like they did with Throw Distance, Running Speed, and feat cooldown reduction. Simple but they took the easy way out and scrapped it all for a much simpler system that does close to nothing. They talked about how diverse your build will be with this system but each hero is given 7 out of 21 perks, you don't get a choice, more than half of those perks are useless so you get the same 2-3 perks for each of your favorite heroes. Now Hyrbid heroes like Valkyrie and Nobushi are turned into Clerics with movement speed and revive perks for no reason. If I wanted to play a Mercy, I'd play Overwatch.

And with insult to injury every gear has different values so now you are putting puzzle pieces together to get the specific perks you want, spending more steel on leveling up. If i got to 180 gear stats i should be able to pick and choose 3 perks i want not start all the way over again if i want to try new perks. But you don't even need 180 to get 3 perks so after that you are done with your character. That's all the "Diverse" you ever gonna get. They removed the only reason to grind in this game, grinding and getting stronger felt really good and rewarding while looking pretty as a bonus, grinding to simply pretty works for free-to-play games.

Melikethegames
01-17-2019, 12:36 PM

im think perk its fin why you need to be mad people of you want defense perk play heavy heroes

SanaMinatozaki-
01-17-2019, 03:01 PM
Hello BeardedFrappe, i totally agree with you. i dislike the perk system. I have waste all my steals in making alot of my character at 180 with desired stats. all has gone to waste. perk system is so confusing and so hard to get desired stats.