PDA

View Full Version : 400 ms light attack need nerf

Melikethegames
12-28-2018, 07:12 AM
most all asssian are light spam it why so many people play asssain in for honor do you know why so many people play JJ couse JJ have fast light attack sametime to 20 light daamge but berserker its S his have fast faiet mass hyperarmor fast light it all im going say couse im pretty done in for honor hard life

Tundra 793
12-28-2018, 07:23 AM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grammar

BlowHard74728
12-28-2018, 07:52 AM

How does this contribute to the OP?

To Melikethegames: the devs have stated they dont see 400ms light attacks as a huge problem for players to overcome. I would suggest going into training mode and having the hero that is giving you troubles to come at you with nothing but lights, spending some time in there helps tons in the future.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
12-28-2018, 08:19 AM

To Melikethegames: the devs have stated they dont see 400ms light attacks as a huge problem for players to overcome. I would suggest going into training mode and having the hero that is giving you troubles to come at you with nothing but lights, spending some time in there helps tons in the future.
This is true however the Devs, like with other issues, are wrong imo. They should make 400 ms lights have a frame time like passive HA were if you stand in one spot long enough your attack speed increases or conversely if you stand in one place to long your lights start to slow down. Either way having 400 ms lights in a game right off the bat is like having a gun in call of duty that doesn't need to be aimed or reloaded.

NHLGoldenKnight
12-28-2018, 07:46 PM
Problem with 400ms that it probably works ok in their testing, LAN and everything. But on everyday servers, latency issues are serious. How they can argue that 400ms is ok but at the same time players having 200ms latency or more are not being automatically warned and kick from the sessions?

I wish to see few lead developers play one of the OG heroes ( except for Orochi) on regular average server with average For Honor players. Let's see how they feel about 400ms then.

Vakris_One
12-28-2018, 08:13 PM
Problem with 400ms that it probably works ok in their testing, LAN and everything. But on everyday servers, latency issues are serious. How they can argue that 400ms is ok but at the same time players having 200ms latency or more are not being automatically warned and kick from the sessions?

I wish to see few lead developers play one of the OG heroes ( except for Orochi) on regular average server with average For Honor players. Let's see how they feel about 400ms then.
High latency is not something any game should be balanced around so that's a moot point.

400ms is designed to be unreactable so it wouldn't change their minds at all to not be able to react to 400ms attacks regardless of latency. In a reaction based fighting system such as the Art of Battle it was inevitable that the next step would be to add some form of unreactable attacks eventually. These attacks are designed to force the opponent into making a read rather than simply reacting.

Did the developers want to add more unreactable/read based attacks to the game? Yes, they did. Did they do a good job of it? I would say no. They mostly just sprinkled them at random into some character's kits in a very uncreative manner without trying to create or encourage a deeper mind game out of it.

How dare you suggest the OP should take the time to make their post more legible in the language they are attempting to communicate in! How DARE YOU, sir!

Do I need to invite you to a bottle of fresh pisshoff?

NHLGoldenKnight
12-28-2018, 09:20 PM
High latency is not something any game should be balanced around so that's a moot point.

400ms is designed to be unreactable so it wouldn't change their minds at all to not be able to react to 400ms attacks regardless of latency. In a reaction based fighting system such as the Art of Battle it was inevitable that the next step would be to add some form of unreactable attacks eventually. These attacks are designed to force the opponent into making a read rather than simply reacting.

Did the developers want to add more unreactable/read based attacks to the game? Yes, they did. Did they do a good job of it? I would say no. They mostly just sprinkled them at random into some character's kits in a very uncreative manner without trying to create or encourage a deeper mind game out of it.

How dare you suggest the OP should take the time to make their post more legible in the language they are attempting to communicate in! How DARE YOU, sir!

Yes, game shouldn't be based around this kind latency but then no game should allow for lag abuse as well. It should take into account average latency which it doesn't. Most games I played 15 years ago had built in automatic kick if your latency is high and you don't fix it in minute or so. I don't see any valid reason why game allows constant 200+ ms latency without option to kick the player. Also, what's with all those players who's latency is like 40-50 and then 150 when they engage in fight? There is just too many connection abusers that use 400ms attack to its full potential.

And I can't agree about unreactable attack. It shouldn't be a thing in fighting game. Fighting games should be about reaction first and prediction should come as optional. Especially because we already have enough tools to force reaction. Gbs, unblockables, ha, zone are not enough? Not mention how certain heroes have more advantage since half of their kit is built around lighting fast attacks so they can just keep forcing someone to preditc their next move. And same as in real life , if you fight back based on prediction or simple luck, you get your butt kicked most of the time.

UbiInsulin
12-28-2018, 10:59 PM
most all asssian are light spam it why so many people play asssain in for honor do you know why so many people play JJ couse JJ have fast light attack sametime to 20 light daamge but berserker its S his have fast faiet mass hyperarmor fast light it all im going say couse im pretty done in for honor hard life

One issue is that light spam is not a super-useful tactic at all levels of the game, and lights that are any slower than this have viability issues when you reach a certain level. It's a tough balance to strike. Changes made to the game impact all skill levels in different ways.

Jrock42_
12-29-2018, 06:21 AM
The 400 ms lights and attacks becoming more read based is why I quit. I used to love this game when it felt like beating an opponent took skill, and I might still enjoy it if I had a PC. But I'm just tired of this game on console.

Tundra 793
12-29-2018, 06:26 AM

It makes the OP legible to humans, thus conveying an actual, thought out point worthy of rational discourse.

How dare I? Nay, sir, how dare ye! A bottle of fresh piss off it is!

https://media.tenor.com/images/cb5fb4ed5d9b4863d64eec63e46043ed/tenor.gif

bannex19
12-29-2018, 07:20 AM
The OP is a freaking bot. C'mon...

jaarvis2018
12-29-2018, 08:09 AM
Most of the people have got bored of playing this game and searching for the new game having antivirus security from McAfee Customer Service (https://antiviruschatsupport.co/mcafee-support-number/)

bannex19
12-29-2018, 08:53 AM
Exactly...