PDA

View Full Version : shaolin weaknesses

TicioQ
12-23-2018, 03:45 AM
Please, I need help... a lot of it!

I really try to get better and to practice against ia shaolin, but itís just imposible to me to beat him.

I need tips please! Iím starting to get depressed... I think I loose more than 10 machtes today against him (basically, all of them with a 3-0).

I stopped trying to deflect him as it was a dead sentence, but Iím having a lot of troubles just blocking any of his attacks. They are too fast, and for every direction. They just go crazy and start spamming attacks in every direction, mixing too unblocables and undogeables.

If they gave me the opportunity to attack they always parry o deflect me, but normally the just attack me non stop and Iím unebale to do ****.

A donít understand, the speed of their attacks is the same as others, why 8 cannot block anything?

Maybe my brain has problems with the animations, or just that it has so many fast attacks that I never know what is gonna happend (other character that are fast are readables too).

Please please! I need help! Any suggestion is welcome ☹️

Rain-Dragon
12-23-2018, 03:59 AM
Learn to play him, that's how you learn to beat an enemy,

Siegfried-Z
12-23-2018, 09:39 AM
Learning to play him a bit is a good start.

I would suggest you to fight pvp too. AI doesn't fight always as players.
I have 141 reps in the game and i've spend only 1 rep maybe agaisnt AI. It doesn't help.

If you want to train, that's in the Arena where you can works on specific mooves or mix up.

I would add the most important dťfense agaisnt shaolin : keep guard on top as most as possible.

It really shut down a lot his offense.

I know you play Roch.
So i have not that much advices except the only things Roch can do : spam lights and zone each times he doesnt attack lol smartly of course if you dont want to be parry.

Another thing, Roch has 2 backsteps mooves. Did not the riptide but the second one i don't know the name (the one you can hold on and have 3 direction on) doesn't allow you to escape and punish and reaction his qi stance options ? Just a thoughts but as i dont play Roch at all i don't know.

TicioQ
12-23-2018, 12:29 PM
Thank you very much for your tips!

I already played as shaolin to try to understand him, but as soon as I face one... oh boy...

I loosed so much and so bad that every time I face one I suffer PTSD 😨
I start to sweat and enter in panic 😂

I just stand there and let him kill me (I just try to defend but is impossible to me).

I think I will continue practicing in 1vs1 as you suggest, but I will avoid the spamming (is something I detest of orochi). We will see what happens!

Thanks again!

rottmeister
12-23-2018, 12:47 PM
Thank you very much for your tips!

I already played as shaolin to try to understand him, but as soon as I face one... oh boy...

I loosed so much and so bad that every time I face one I suffer PTSD ��
I start to sweat and enter in panic ��

I just stand there and let him kill me (I just try to defend but is impossible to me).

I think I will continue practicing in 1vs1 as you suggest, but I will avoid the spamming (is something I detest of orochi). We will see what happens!

Thanks again!

I also have troubles facing Shaolin.
I've played him a few times and took the time to go through his moveset in arena mode and tried practising with him, but I keep panicking when he goes into Qi stance.
He can basically do anything in that stance even feint his undodgeable dodge heavy!
I've recently faced a rep 60 Shaolin in dominion and tried the usual 'block top' hints etc. (it worked on occasion) yet got completely destroyed.
If anyone knows how to deal with his Qi stance, that would be greatly appreciated.

TicioQ
12-23-2018, 01:07 PM
Yes yes!! Exactly that!

As soon as he enters the Qi, I know itís over.

Because if you attack you have the counter, if you try to dodge or scape you have the undogeable, if you try to deflect undogeable it cancel it, you have the stun up, if you try to block it you have the super unblockable one.

Is the faster character in the game (For me, as I cannot block anything from him) and does an absurd amount of damage and as a quite good range of impact with the stick.

And you can only deflect the first attack of his zone (the other 2 are imposible)

TicioQ
12-23-2018, 01:42 PM
So... I just created an account on youtube to uploads videos of the points I want to make (My disperation reached these levels XD)

I wanted to post this thin that just happend some minutes ago, to add salt to the injury of my problems with shaolins

https://youtu.be/duUnNBpqnBs

rottmeister
12-23-2018, 01:52 PM
So... I just created an account on youtube to uploads videos of the points I want to make (My disperation reached these levels XD)

I wanted to post this thin that just happend some minutes ago, to add salt to the injury of my problems with shaolins

https://youtu.be/duUnNBpqnBs

haha, next time if you're in a similar situation try facing your back towards the ledge!
I've seen a video of a Shaolin teleporting right into lava (Forge map), maybe it would cause him to ledge himself?

TicioQ
12-23-2018, 03:13 PM
That would be so sweet!

But for the moment I will continue to cry in the darkness of my bathroom every time I face a Shaolin :(

Siegfried-Z
12-23-2018, 05:24 PM
Shaolin has a pretty fast mix up. That's sure.

But really Guard on Top. If you are able to parry (i did) then he is in troubles as his zone is slow.

So he can wiff into qi. But then keep in mind one thing : your less risky option is to do Nothing.
Because if you do that, the worst thing which can happen is to eat the kick and then the 20dmg light.

If you dodge you can eat the 30dmg undodgable.

If you attack, then be fast and smart to prevent his sup block.

But doing nothing allow you to minimize your risks and to observe how your opponent plays and then adapt and read him properly. The kick then become possible to dodge on rťaction sometimes.

His UB mix up is so slow you can just light or zone him to interrupt it.

So, he is fast but he require to make correct reads just as Warden, Valk or kensei.
Shaolin is still new, you gonna use to it.

Drakeawish
12-23-2018, 05:31 PM
If you dodge you can eat the 30dmg undodgable.

May you clarify what you mean by "eat"? Because if it means take damage, why would you want to eat his undodgable? If you meant this statement as advice, you can't dodge the undodgable.

Siegfried-Z
12-23-2018, 06:23 PM
May you clarify what you mean by "eat"? Because if it means take damage, why would you want to eat his undodgable? If you meant this statement as advice, you can't dodge the undodgable.

It is what i said.

By dodging you take the risk To take his 30dmg undodgeable heavy.

Then the safer option is to do nothing and see how the guy fight. You risk only 20dmg then and it allow you to read your opponent.

rottmeister
12-23-2018, 06:31 PM
It is what i said.

By dodging you take the risk To take his 30dmg undodgeable heavy.

Then the safer option is to do nothing and see how the guy fight. You risk only 20dmg then and it allow you to read your opponent.

Those damage values are really high, wow I didn't even realize.
30 dmg for an UNDODGEABLE dodge heavy? Surely that can't be right...?
And a 20 dmg light?!
That light does nearly as much as a telegraphed Valk heavy!
That's insane!

Thank you for the hints, I'll try this when I get back on the game.

Siegfried-Z
12-23-2018, 06:47 PM
Those damage values are really high, wow I didn't even realize.
30 dmg for an UNDODGEABLE dodge heavy? Surely that can't be right...?
And a 20 dmg light?!
That light does nearly as much as a telegraphed Valk heavy!
That's insane!

Thank you for the hints, I'll try this when I get back on the game.

Yes it is high.
You're welcome man.

Looking at your Avatar, if you play shaman dont dodge attack or you gonna hit his 35dmg sup block ^^

I really catch Shaman players often with that, i mean any players with char having dash attacks often does this mistake but special mention for Shaman and Kensei haha just a tips.

rottmeister
12-23-2018, 06:55 PM
Yes it is high.
You're welcome man.

Looking at your Avatar, if you play shaman dont dodge attack or you gonna hit his 35dmg sup block ^^

I really catch Shaman players often with that, i mean any players with char having dash attacks often does this mistake but special mention for Shaman and Kensei haha just a tips.

I found that out the hard way, lol

I didn't know he could feint his dodge heavy until I tried to deflect it, that caught me so off guard, haha.

I mostly play assassin's and yes I am a Shaman main as you correctly guessed (I don't use her as often anymore though, got a bit bored of her after playing her for 60 reps).

Lord_Cherubi
12-23-2018, 07:16 PM
As a Roch player you might use dodging a lot but that is sometjhing you might not wanna do constantly when facing a Shaolin. He can punish you pretty hard with either a undodgeable heavy or just simply fainting into gb.

Also remember that the stance guarantees nothing so keep calm and if you get kicked nothing is guaranteed except a single light.

MCBooma16
12-23-2018, 07:34 PM
Firstly, don't feel depressed. It's only a game. You'll win, you'll lose, you'll learn either way.

I don't know what hero you play, but understand your weaknesses, and surely learn to understand Shaolin weaknesses.

YouTube is your friend. Watch gameplay of people against Shaolin and watch people playing as Shaolin. You'll notice tendencies of most players and learn patterns and playstyles.

Like many have said, block top as best as you can. Most Shaolins that I fight like to then pick either left or right and do a light attack. If you're expecting a light, parry it and get a heavy. Don't try and "react" against heroes with fast lights, just predict and perform. If you anticipate a light attack and just know it's coming, you'll be ready for it. If you try and react, 95% of the time the light will hit you.

If they notice you're parrying or deflecting lights, they might toss out a heavy or feint and find another way into Qi stance.

Casual assassin players are easy to read. They love using light attacks.

Better assassins will implement heavies into their mixups.

Once in Qi stance, Shaolin has a few options:

Kick to gaurenteed 20dmg light OR unblockable, feintable, non-guarenteed top heavy after the kick.

A top, feintable, non-guarenteed unblockable top heavy without a kick that allows for some serious mind games and OOS pressure.

A side, undodgeable, feintable 30dmg heavy attack.

Casual Shaolins will usually always do a kick and light from Qi.

Better Shaolins will 50/50 with kicks or side heavies.

The best Shaolins will read you and use all of the above and maybe even feint side heavies or unblockables from Qi to Guard breaks, thus guaranteeing a heavy if the GB goes through, and further guaranteeing a chance into Qi stance, which allows for a vortex of options again.

If they get to Qi and wait for you to attack to use the Superior light counter, try and bait it out. You might not think about it at first if all they've been doing is kicks or heavies, but I find it hilarious when they do they're little taunt only to be baited with a heavy feint, and thus parried and punished.

You don't need to simply verse an AI in training arena, but work on parrying the lights and learn everything there is about Shaolin's kit, because as long as you know Shaolin's capabilities, it will be easier for you to react accordingly.

I hope this helps. Good luck and have fun, fellow warrior.

TicioQ
12-27-2018, 03:29 PM
Thank you all for all the tips and advices! Seriously thanks a lot!

I manage to win 2 fights against shaolin but I still loosing non stop.

If I block up they just do the 3 lights, the zone or the 2 lights and QI.

So at the end the result is the same.

I tried to spam a little too (What I have become...) but I only got parry, deflected and shaolin attacks are faster (if We attack at the same time, shaolin hits first always)

So I just accepted my fate. But thanks anyways!

Herbstlicht
12-27-2018, 03:44 PM
Some advice. Block top. You can punish side lights with riptide, but dont rely on it because you will get baited at some point. When he enters qi, you can play the guessing game or play it safe. Safe is just waiting for him. Getting hit by kick is likely, but only means you get hit by a light. All other options are very easy to defend against. You fear his dodgeattack to be feinted? Just block, do not attempt to parry and everything is easy.
Now to mind games, especially in dominion and breach where people spam more. If he enters qi, instantly hit zone. More often then not, you will hut him out of some options or again just eat the light. Hitting riptide is likely in your favor as well due to its speed.
Finally, remeber your offence and dont play too defensive. Dont respect your opponents too much. Dont get conditioned. Always try to fight cocky and smart, specially in teamfights.

TicioQ
12-27-2018, 03:59 PM
The main problem for me is that for some reason I cannot even block. I think it must be something about shaolinís animation or something.

I always take the hits on the sides of I block Up

Herbstlicht
12-27-2018, 05:08 PM
Then try training mode, set the bot to light attacks only with delay and get the timing right. After it, put some more attacks in between so that you can automatically parry or block everything at the same timing. It does not translate perfectly into the live environment with lag etc., but should still help a lot. As long as you cant react to 500ms, you are very disadvantaged against many classes. Besides, even shaolin has some tells from what direction he attacks. Animations are well done. Maybe even try without interface for better reads. Helps tons with parry.

TicioQ
12-27-2018, 06:15 PM
I will do so, but I can parry againts the AI, is the humans that scares me 😨

Jajajajajaja than you again!