PDA

View Full Version : Leavers

rbtfortune
12-23-2018, 01:12 AM
Please increase the penalty for leaving a match to 30 minutes.

Thanks and have a great day.

Archeun
12-23-2018, 01:23 AM
They are already losing a lot of players over the 15 minutes. Matchmaking is trash. I'm fine with the penalty. I think it should be increased. I don't think it should be increased until they fix their trash matchmaking though. I've been in multiple matches lately using chars that arent' even Rep 1 yet and facing Rep 60 opponents. I simply leave the game now when I see it. It's unacceptable to force me to fight players who have hundreds of hours of playtime on a char vs me with maybe 45 minutes.

Increasing the penalty will ensure that they continue to hemorrhage players. I wouldn't be shocked if the game loses it's support after 2019. This game isn't increasing it's player-base. It's losing it. Adding penalties against players who don't feel like getting curb stomped by people who spend their life on the game simply ensures that the game will be dead that much sooner.

ytrecvbnm
12-23-2018, 04:46 PM
15 minutes is bad enough.

I've already had to endure laggy servers because of it, then add a few kill balling Shaolins on top of it :(

Illyrian_King
12-23-2018, 04:58 PM
Please take that penalty totally away.

It is a pain to play with such incompetant people in my team. I always get matchmaked with complete scrubs that have 1/2 of my end-score. I am tired of always carrying my team.

As long as this isn't changed, i prefere leaving matches and play other games, instead of wasting 25min of my life dealing with team members that go solo on the guardian, farm minions at the ram with Shaman, 2 people guarding the healing zone or people at the balista that shoot at team mates instead of enemies.

Feedmeyourcows2
12-24-2018, 06:11 PM
It's bad enough that I get banned for 15 minutes from getting kicked due to getting a glass of water, don't push it up to 30.

GrimNight300
12-24-2018, 11:47 PM
Dude just be happy that you win match dont complain when people leave just because of you everyone hate penalty like everyone leaves game for something important for example like an emergency or legit rage quit, like everyone rage i know you rage dude so stop complaining about adding more penalty the only thing they need is penalty only for rank matches, like why complain over that instead of having a rework on some character that ubisoft lazy to do

o...Frank...o
12-25-2018, 12:43 PM
Remove this f*** quit Penalty or much more Players leave that game. Always must wait >3-5min for finding a match.
I think there are not much Players who Play this game. with the Penalty there are less

I dont want to talk about the matchmaking - itīs a unfair joke. Soooo often in my Team are 3 newbies and in the other 4 experts……..

rottmeister
12-25-2018, 01:40 PM
I think the quit penalty should be kept as it is right now.

30 minutes is way too long, not everyone has hours and hours to play each day.

I also don't think it's a good idea to remove the penalty, that would only make people quit more.
Quitters are already fairly common in Breach, Dominion and Assassini e Templari.
If people leave their teammates, they screw over the entire match for them and so they should be punished for that.
I've been disconnected a few times (and had a few blackouts) and never got the punishment so it's working as intended: only the people who leave purposely get punished.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
12-25-2018, 02:32 PM
Please increase the penalty for leaving a match to 30 minutes.

Thanks and have a great day.
+1

o...Frank...o
12-25-2018, 04:27 PM
@rottmeister - In the world not only exists black and White. There are much more reasons why a Player leave a game. Not only because he loose.

How long do you wait for a match? If 30% of the Players are banned, you can go asleep before you get into a new match and this game dies sooner you want. Believe me!

rottmeister
12-25-2018, 04:42 PM
People have been saying the game's dying for over a year now.

Yeah sure people leave for more reasons than losing but how is the game supposed to know that?

What about time management? If you can't plan ahead then maybe you shouldn't play a 30 minute during gamemode.

If there's a case of force majeure (or emergency) you should deal with that.
It's just a game and it shouldn't interfere with anything related to real life.
If someones life is on the line for example than what is waiting 15 minutes if you can save that person?

It isn't the same as getting banned.
Bans are usually longer than a day, week, month or are indefinitely.
If you keep leaving, your "ban" won't stack up.
Usually bans stack up until a point where you would get banned indefinitely.

Usually my wait times aren't that long.
I easily find a match in under 2 minutes, Breach even in seconds.

If you want long wait times play Dead By Daylight....
Easily 10-30 minute wait times (if the other survivors don't leave that is).

rottmeister
12-25-2018, 04:51 PM
Just curious but where did you get the 30% from, do you have a source for that?

Also if that were to be the case, it's just 15 minutes, it's not the end of the world.

o...Frank...o
12-25-2018, 05:04 PM
Actually the Player activity in Dominion are down from very high to high. This was never so since I bought that game! And itīs a free day!!
My last playersearch goes 6:12minutes - the search before 4:35min - after found one I was redirected to main menu because of error.

As a casual Player I would play against experts who gank me, but not with this quit Penalty. So I leave within 30sec and make another search. Normally in the past. But not now, because waiting sooo much time to get into another match. So this game loose much Players because of this, I think

You think there are more Players after this quit Penalty? Never! there are less I swear…….

rottmeister
12-25-2018, 05:20 PM
The most evident answer would be that most people are playing Assassini e Templari.
I've seen a lot of praise for that gamemode on this forum, reddit and youtube.

I might not have been here since launch, but didn't the quit timer already exist back then?
If I'm not mistaken the devs had already removed the quit timer once and made it that quitters would be matched up with quitters but then reinstated it shortly after.

People keep yapping and yapping about the game dying because all kinds of things yet the game is still going strong.
Things like the quit timer, 'hero x is overpowered", "my hero is underpowered", light spam meta, turtle meta, unlock tech...
Surely after nearly 2 years of all of the above the game would have died by now, right?

o...Frank...o
12-25-2018, 05:28 PM
Did I say it have been died by now?? And I didnīt say the game dies because of quit peanalty. but it could be one more reason!
I never heard, that someone says the game dies in the past.
In the past I get into a match within 1 min. Now? I told you. Ohhh - itīs because there are sooo much more Players as in the past.
Live in your dreams.
In the past there was other modes, but ever in Dominion was very high activity.

Itīs not fine to leave if you loose, but there are much more reasons. And the matchmaking is one of them. And a Player should make his own decision how and because why leaving.

Iīm sure no Players leave FH because there was no quit Penalty - but I know that some Players leave FH because of QP

There are better ways as a QP - for example: fill the match up with another Player every time. and not only in the beginning.

rottmeister
12-25-2018, 05:57 PM
No I didn't say you were I said 'people', because the subject is being discussed often.

I just don't get how the quit penalty is only an issue now and will cause the playerbase to start dying soon.
It doesn't make any sense at all.

If you've never heard anyone say the game's either dead or or is about to die then you, my friend are living in your dreams.

I also didn't say that the playerbase is skyrocketing, it just isn't plumetting either.

Wow dominion went from very high to high so shocking,
it's not like a huge new gamemode got released a few months ago or anything... (that's also always high or very high activity).

If you think the game will die soon, fair enough, doesn't seem like I can change your mind and you can't change mine.
I agree to disagree.

I'm done debating over this subject as I feel like I won't be able to add much more than what I already have said before.
So I'm leaving it here, I wish you all happy holidays and a happy 2019! :)

rbtfortune
12-25-2018, 07:47 PM
I kind of wanted to see what the reaction would be to this suggestion when I made this thread but here are a few points to consider.

When you abandon your team they end up with a huge disadvantage. I personally have ended up being left with 3 bots and had to finish a match by myself, is that fair? It's not fun for the other team either, if they wanted to play against bots then they would have selected ai in the first place.

The majority of the time, players quit a match because they are being out skilled in which case, if you spend more time playing against better players your skills will improve as opposed to training against bots. If you always leave how will you ever improve?

Obviously the odds are going to be against you if your team mates are less experienced, no one can carry a team alone against 4 good players but, we all know BEFORE joining that matchmaking is flawed in the first place. Is it fair that you blame the less experience players? I'm fairly certain they would like to get better at the game and they don't have any control over matchmaking as well. I have more respect for an inexperienced player that sticks it out than I do for a high rep player that match hops because they didn't get the team they wanted.

If your talking about time management then should I have to ask myself if I want to waste 20- 30 minutes before joining a match knowing that leavers can potentially ruin it by quitting? Is your time more important than mine?

The reason other modes are showing lower activity atm is because of the event. Also, I have been able to join a match with medium activity within a few minutes and had to wait more than five minutes in modes with very high activity so it's not entirely accurate.

Being on a team with better player doesn't always guarantee a win anyway, especially in a game where both teams are breaking after fighting hard for 20 minutes and someone can use a cheap feat like a grenade and kill everyone in one shot. Really? Talk about wasting time. Did I really just spend 20 minutes out performing my opponents only to lose like that.

30 minutes may be a bit long, perhaps what would be fair is not being able to play for the same amount of time one match takes since that's the amount of time your taking from me whenever you decide it;s ok to ruin it by quitting.

Unqalome
12-25-2018, 08:18 PM
15 min penalty is ok. Quitters quit the game - good riddance!

o...Frank...o
12-25-2018, 08:46 PM
Again. When a Player leave because of loosing - itīs bad.

But there are other reasons who I say itīs ok. When doorbell or telephon rings - reasons outside the game.
Infight: When you are only get ganked - again and again. You donīt see in the first 30sec that this would happen.
If you donīt have any Chance and every time 4 experts slash you down - it isnīt fun.
And in such Moments you must have the Chance to find a fair fight.
There are reasons why Players leave. If they are bad Players it is better for you when better bots are replaced but it would be much more helpful when every time new humans join the fight and not only in the beginning. If they donīt want to fight because fight ends in 2min, they can make the decision to leave. Whatīs wrong with this solution?

Sooo often I placed in a Group with 2-3 Rep0 - and the opponents are 3-4 Rep 200+...…… I would fight, perhaps it makes fun. I donīt know in 30sec.
So fairly, I donīt leave normally in the beginning.
But when I see, there is no Chance and we all get 0kills and 15 deaths and the opponents make unrespectful gestics with her heroes after beat me, I will leave!!
A game should make fun to Play. Also a match.

I loose fights they makes fun I didnīt leave. I was in winning teams, the match didnīt make fun, I leave.
Now i leave in the beginning when the opponents are sooo much higher. And then I must wait 4-6min to get into a new match.
Because of this, I didnīt Play so often FH. And every Player should be thankful for every single Player who Play this game!!!

And @Rottmeister: The current active Players go down and down..... every month......…( I donīt like this!)
20600 active in August 2018 - than every month less. 17.98% less today since the update and since the quit Penalty ------ again - this is not the only reason - but I think it is one reason……….

rottmeister
12-25-2018, 10:29 PM
And @Rottmeister: The current active Players go down and down..... every month......…( I donīt like this!)
20600 active in August 2018 - than every month less. 17.98% less today since the update and since the quit Penalty ------ again - this is not the only reason - but I think it is one reason……….

Fair enough, I believe you that the playerbase is getting smaller.
I've been thinking and people quit the game for a bunch of reasons.
There will be at least some that have (and will) quit because of that reason and I'll agree with you there.

Another thing that we shouldn't forget is that a ton of people downloaded (don't know the exact number) the starter edition when it was free and that could very well be a reason why the amount of active players is low now (many people'll play it once and never touch it again).

However I'll take your word for it.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
12-26-2018, 12:23 AM
Part of the reason the player base has gone down in dominion is because of the event. People really enjoy the new event possibly more than the general dominion. I know when inferno dominion was going on it was a lot of fun but doesn't seem to have near the following of this new dominion. My usual wait time is about two minutes for a dominion match and that hasn't changed much except when the matchmaking bugs out. We have three good modes which has just divided the base is all.

Liduras
12-26-2018, 08:35 AM
Untill the game is balanced, there should be no penalty for leaving. Sometimes my team choose only low tier heroes (Aramusha, Shugoki,...etc.) and the other team is a premade team with only S tier heroes. It is not even worth trying. They need to balance the heroes first.

Another problem is the people who don't want to do the objectives. I have seen a lot of players who win a 1vs1 just near a point in dominion and move away without capturing that point. So many people only stay near the ram and do not capture/defend the points/flag in the breach. They ruin the breach matches and even bots are better.

SpaceJim12
12-26-2018, 09:41 AM
The problem is, that after AC update game works just awful. I tried to play with my friends this weekends. First three times my game crushed on the loading screen, so my friends left match at the start.
Then I found out thing about HBAO+ and fixed it. Next one of my friend lost connection on the very beggining of the match. We left. Then another one got error "You not fallow the leader" etc etc.
So, in For Honor you'll never know why people leaving. I just wanted to play couple Breach games with my friends. But after all we gave up on it.

papa_joseph1
12-26-2018, 12:35 PM
Somebody mentioned a 17 percent loss in player base, is nobody alarmed by that? That's hemorrhaging players, it took World of Tanks an entire year of breaking their own game to lose that percentage point of players and that game is free and that game is massively more broken then this one.

17% in a few months is horrific, like Ubisoft as a company should be concerned about that for the well being of For honor's very existance, if that downward trend continues by late 2019 this game will be effectively dead.

Clearly something is not right....maybe the devs should work more on game balance and backround stuff like match making....and maybe put meh events and cosmetics to the side for a bit.