PDA

View Full Version : Outlaw Fortifications

Skylers_Meth
12-22-2018, 03:12 PM
I get it, you activate your shield at the last second, which bounces back their bullet and shuts their shield down so you can shoot them. I get it, the first one I found thatís what happened. The next one I found it didnít quite work that way, only occasionally the bullet bounced back, which allowed me to get to couple shots in, but then the shield reactivates so quickly, almost instantly, that I havenít been able to do any since. It shuts down and reactivates within a second. Shots canít hit.

Whatís the trick for those?. Itís very frustrating.

UbiMorning
12-22-2018, 08:14 PM
Hey there! For the Outlaw Fortifications, you should be just using your active shield to reflect the projectiles back at the defenses. Are you able to replicate the issue with that last fort? Are you able to provide a screenshot from your map where you found it and a video?

Skylers_Meth
12-23-2018, 12:34 AM
I'm playing the game on PS4 and switch, I havent experienced it yet on PS4. I'm not sure of the name of the planet but it was the one with the big crystal sticks poking out of the ground on angles - some of the fortifications behaved as they do in the video; bounce one pulse back, it shuts the shield down and lets you shoot it, others don't behave that way, there seems to be a secondary shield that recharges and redeploys the very second the main shield goes down and your shots only seem to bounce off your shield some of the time. All of them behave that way in the fortification that occurs. I tried for about 15 minutes attempting different timings, but it started to annoy me, so I moved on.

I love the game, but damn adding more stuff is a completionists nightmare. Don't stop.

Skylers_Meth
12-23-2018, 12:39 AM
"recharges and redeploys the very second the main shield goes down and THEIR shots only seem to bounce off your shield some of the time."

Skylers_Meth
12-23-2018, 08:15 AM
Went back to Haven this time on PS4 and found one

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1TXq3CPl20PUI22HceQbo-_giGdnACdI7

Shield only drops to 1/3, not allowing time to shoot next volley

Skylers_Meth
12-25-2018, 01:45 AM
Mark this as "problem solved" - for some reason playing on the small screen was masking the fact, or I wasn't noticing, a second volley from the cannon was coming and it took two hits to drop the shield instead of one. Even the flashing and sparks on the PS4 was masking the second volley which i finally saw.

Skylers_Meth
12-25-2018, 02:01 AM
Mark this as "problem solved" - for some reason playing on the small screen was masking the fact, or I wasn't noticing, a second volley from the cannon was coming and it took two hits to drop the shield instead of one. Even the flashing and sparks on the PS4 was masking the second volley which i finally saw.

UbiMorning
12-26-2018, 09:11 PM
Interesting observation! I'm glad you were able to figure it out :D