PDA

View Full Version : Space Monkey Report #4: VOD & questions answered!

UbiBorghal
12-21-2018, 06:15 PM
Hi, Space Monkeys!

In case you missed it, here's the Space Monkey Report #4 VOD. Also, as promised, we're answering the questions YOU sent us via the hashtag #AskBGE, so make sure to check this article out.

https://ubiservices.cdn.ubi.com/7a4e795d-be97-432e-be6d-0eeb791c056e/news/legendarypiratecrew_thumbnail.jpg (https://beyondgoodandevil.ubisoft.com/en-us/news/ignt13837-Space-Monkey-Report-#4:-VOD-&-questions-answered!)

Comments? Let us know what you think!

browntoya
12-22-2018, 04:50 PM
Is Beyond Good and Evil 2 going to have the release date during the E3 2019? In USA, which American actress is playing the voice of Jade?

koopaskull
12-22-2018, 06:11 PM
You totally betray the fans of the first episode, we never asked you an online game like The Division but a single player game AAA action / narrative game!

The direction that takes the game does not want at all, it should not be called BGE2 because it looks like a spin off more than a real episode!

Sony has yet understood with its many AAA single player games that correspond to the wait for players!

Stop turning your licenses into online coop game, players do not want that! (At least not only that!)

Newdrax89
12-22-2018, 06:14 PM
Daaaaamn online only again becauye "its definitely for the players and not another attempt of the ol onlineDRM masked as GaaS ********"...
Is there at least any chance for offline play after few years when the servers will be barren land:

LaxativePayne
12-22-2018, 07:07 PM
Well, that's disappointing to say the least. I'll still keep an eye on the game to see how it progresses, but at this point it really doesn't feel like BGE2 is for the fans. I wish I lived in the timeline where it got the same treatment as the new God of War. Not just as a single-player game--I mean taking risks while ultimately remembering its roots (for the most part). It's funny now that I think of it, actually; God of War 2018 reminds me more of Beyond Good & Evil than BGE2 presently does.

enigmaxg2
12-23-2018, 01:54 AM
As a fan of the first game, I'm surely skipping this "sequel".

People developing this game should play the first one to know WHY WE LOVED IT. Hint: was not because online bs.

explosivecat
12-23-2018, 03:30 AM
You said the game would be playable offline: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJzAyINDwfE&feature=youtu.be&t=57m27s

Personally I don't care and I'm not really surprised. I love Ubisoft games, especially The Division and BGaE2 seems to be going a similar direction. However you should address that change so your fans don't feel betrayed.

Raejinn
12-23-2018, 02:02 PM
Online only? hahaha way to burn your own game. Well I can see where this is going, skipping this.

SoRaA02
12-24-2018, 03:23 PM
Always online?....I thought Michel said, in the first podcast/livestream, the game could be played offline? Why the change, or did I mishear?
This truly breaks my heart. I've been waiting years and playing the same game since the first game came out. Just for this.

From primarily a single player first game to an (always Online) MMO.
I hope there is some twist that will still make this work for those of us who don't want to party up with other people.
I just want to play a tightly developed narrative without other players. At least have the option to without an online connection.

Companies say you can play their online games by yourself but more often than not the game is far less fun because of it. Either because of enemy balancing or GRIND, etc.
And I bet if there is large grind for any of the objects, abilities in this game, Ubisoft will have our backs with some helpful and OPTIONAL microtransactions, right?

I'll still keep an eye on the game, but this is beginning to seem like it won't be what I want for the sequel for such a beloved title.

Lyogron
12-24-2018, 05:45 PM
Always online: Horrible mistake, horrible game. You're losing the greatest fans of the franchise by the tens of thousands, and the sole reason for that is greed.

I'll enjoy the freedom that Jade fought so damn hard for and will not touch this game with a flagpole.

Deny1991
12-24-2018, 08:28 PM
I have mixed feelings right now.

on a storytelling side i am still interested in the game. So much. I am longing for some explanations for like 15 Years now.
They even found a supercool explanation for using the same charactermodels over and over again.

What i loved about the first game was that you played someone who was special and changed the world.
I gladly followed, and still do in every replay, Jade on her journey.
It was not mine story, it was hers.
But that was for me what made that game so good. In moments Jade was sad , you were touched that she was sad, not because you bonded so much with the other characters. That maybe to.

What i wanted to say is that i am worried about the narrative of the story. That the mystery part is great but the emotional part of the story is lost, when i am someone i created

Daroth_343
12-26-2018, 07:08 PM
Some questions I have:

- Is Michel Ancel still involved with the game's development?
- What guarantee do we have that you won't just shut down the online servers one if the game doesn't meet sales expectations? We've seen this happen to plenty of other online-only games.
- Given how the game appears to follow the trend of GaaS, will you be adding micro-transactions? And if so, will the base game be free-to-play?
- Is the name Good & Evil 2 final? It's not a sequel and the more we hear about the game, the more it feels like it could use a different subtitle. I doubt the game can offer the single-player experience that we've seen from the first game but labeling it as a sequel means you create that expectation. Beyond Good & Evil Online would be more fitting at this point.

lSkillsx
12-26-2018, 11:23 PM
You guys need to be more appreciate of the fact since the first one was a flop lucky there making this one why be so upset that it not exactly how you’d like the game to be made like lmao personally I like this game and excited to play

LaxativePayne
12-27-2018, 06:25 AM
You guys need to be more appreciate of the fact since the first one was a flop lucky there making this one why be so upset that it not exactly how you’d like the game to be made like lmao personally I like this game and excited to play

Ever read or heard of the Monkey's Paw (how fitting, by the way)? That's how the people complaining feel. There's no point in wanting BGE2 now if it's so indistinguishable from the original game we adore to begin with, and even the scarce pre-E3 2017 promotional and leaked material--when BGE2 was a sequel, not a prequel. If the choice is to get spit in my face or have the spit never exist, I'll always choose the latter.

This whole thing is reminding me of Mafia 3. The creators wanted to take the game in a very different direction, but that meant abandoning what people loved. They rolled the dice and it didn't work, plus the core game was mediocre. Including the protagonist of Mafia 2 as seemingly forced fan service didn't make it any less disappointing.

Scenarios where creators pleasantly surprise the audience with something they didn't know they want are great, of course. But that's far from an easy goal when it comes to video games. Especially followups to games that are fifteen years old.

GarretDanilo
12-28-2018, 03:34 AM
You totally betray the fans of the first episode, we never asked you an online game like The Division but a single player game AAA action / narrative game!

The direction that takes the game does not want at all, it should not be called BGE2 because it looks like a spin off more than a real episode!

Sony has yet understood with its many AAA single player games that correspond to the wait for players!

Stop turning your licenses into online coop game, players do not want that! (At least not only that!)

I'm totally disappointed too, we must share this article on every platform and let Ubisoft know one simple thing.....this isn't the game they ve promised us, that we fans don't want it and we'll never buy a clone of Destiny or The Division.

https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2018/12/26/beyond-good-and-evil-2-internet-connectivity-includes-david-jaffe-commenting/#/slide/2

Pgegin
12-29-2018, 03:12 PM
The more I learn about the game, the less I wait for it. I accepted that this is a prequel. But now the game turns into an MMO like Destiny. This is not what fans of the original want.:mad::mad::mad::mad:

TheSoulman101
01-05-2019, 01:21 AM
People are assuming this is an mmo because of the always online thing and I don't think that is the case. Ghost Recon: Wildlands I'm pretty sure was online only but you could play that solo or co-op in fact I believe you could set it to invite only which I'm assuming will be one of the features this game will have.

I wouldn't look too much into the online thing until they say otherwise because as far as I have seen MMO have not been mentioned anywhere and the verbal language used in any of the blogs or stage show has always been co-op. Maybe there will be some competitive modes but probably seperate from the campaign mode similar to what again ghost recon had.

Most likely there will also be a limit to how many can co-op in a session as I know in GR the limit was 4 people at a time and with the rich story and big open universe I'm assuming they will not want 50 players running round in one session especially if there is a lot of npc traffic and npc on foot be it background npc or quest givers.

vexer6
01-06-2019, 08:22 PM
Me and many others would strongly disagree on Mafia 3, I actually think it's the best game in the series so far. In Mafia 2 the open world felt like a waste of time and development money since there was zero incentive to explore it(besides collecting magazines, L.A. Noire had similar issues) in Mafia 3 there was actually way more to do and the open world actually felt alive and interesting, including Vito did not feel like "forced fan service" to me at all.

That being said everything i've heard about BGE2 has lowered my interest more and more.

vexer6
01-06-2019, 08:23 PM
Yeah if it's like Wildlands(which was one of my favorite games of 2017) then that's fine, but it it's like the complete ****-show that was Fallout 76 then count me out.

Sengoku-GOW
01-11-2019, 06:49 AM
I'm going to be the bad guy here, I never played the first one, but I am glad it is going MP. I was thinking have both single and co-op. So if the vets want it to be single player put it on invite only since its going to be always online. I'm sorry the Devs. can't please everyone.. I can't wait for this and I will pre-order it when they put it on the stores.

JCOptimistic
01-12-2019, 03:07 AM
Hello,

I'd like to agree TheSoulman101 and Sengoku-GOW and I respect anyone else's opinion of how they believe this game will be one day. I also agree with anyone that is not concerned with BGE2 being online. Take a moment, flashback to think about Jade. Did she really like space pirates and outlaws in the first place? :o :rolleyes: She chased looters through dangerous trapped caves that hacked a credit transfer from Jade. Now on a emotional story level, instead of joining pirates, she decides to eliminate them and join the Alpha Sections in doing so. I think we'll hate her so much we'll love her for making our life harder as a space pirate. Granted, Jade worked with some shady characters to get past the Alpha Sections in the first game, but she never liked pirates at all. Online could mean fair play, as well as fair to people that supported the game as the game was released. I still encourage and appreciate the ability to change the entire game with a full in-depth editor. Online can also simply mean... you cannot do live events, gather achievements, and some other things without being online so we cannot jump to a conclusion. Anyway, I am ready to throw down a pre-order and to be patient about this to encourage the developers. The developers need all the encouragement from their fans to put the heart and passion of the series into another game in a whole new perspective. :)

Best,
JCOptimistic