PDA

View Full Version : Survey about AC3?

Avl521
12-03-2010, 05:59 PM
According to Gameinformer and Destructoid:
Some Hints At What Ubisoft Could Do Next With Assassin's Creed (http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2010/12/03/some-hints-at-what-the-next-assassin-s-creed-could-do.aspx)
Here's what the survey asks about the game:

1) An upgrade to the assassin's blade that increases the fluidity and speed of free-running

2) An enhanced Eagle Vision: see the patrol paths of guards, spot clues to complex navigation puzzles, detect when characters are lying during interrogations, etc.

3) An intuitive crafting tool that lets you create custom bombs from dozens of ingredients found throughout the game world

4) Tactical use of a variety of bombs suited to unique contexts and situations (smoke, poison, flash, explosive, etc.)

5) An additional objective where you and your Assassins guild fight against the Templars to gain control of a city, district by district

6) Playing as a new Assassin, in a different historical time period

7) A continuation of Ezio's story as the leader of the Assassins, set outside of Italy

8) Deeper connectivity between all the Assassin's Creed projects (eg. an action you make on the Facebook game will impact your game experience on the console; events that you read about in the comics will be related to the storyline of the videogames, etc.)

9) Online Cooperative Mode

10) Offline Cooperative Mode

11) The availability of new maps for the Multiplayer

12) A choice of additional Multiplayer characters with new skill-sets

13) Playing new Multiplayer modes

14) A deeper team-based Multiplayer experience (guilds / squads that have common objectives, new tools for clan management, etc.)

15) A customization of the Multiplayer experience (logos, avatars, objects, team names, etc.)

My answers:
1)Yes
2)Yes
3)No
4)Yes
5)Not really
6)Yes: Desmond
7)No, I think we're done with Ezio
8)Not very interested
9)No, Offline co-op is the best kind of co-op
10)HELL YEAH!
11)Yeah, though that's like DLC
12)Yes
13)Yes
14)Yes
15)Yes

Avl521
12-03-2010, 05:59 PM
According to Gameinformer and Destructoid:
Some Hints At What Ubisoft Could Do Next With Assassin's Creed (http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2010/12/03/some-hints-at-what-the-next-assassin-s-creed-could-do.aspx)
Here's what the survey asks about the game:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">1) An upgrade to the assassin's blade that increases the fluidity and speed of free-running

2) An enhanced Eagle Vision: see the patrol paths of guards, spot clues to complex navigation puzzles, detect when characters are lying during interrogations, etc.

3) An intuitive crafting tool that lets you create custom bombs from dozens of ingredients found throughout the game world

4) Tactical use of a variety of bombs suited to unique contexts and situations (smoke, poison, flash, explosive, etc.)

5) An additional objective where you and your Assassins guild fight against the Templars to gain control of a city, district by district

6) Playing as a new Assassin, in a different historical time period

7) A continuation of Ezio's story as the leader of the Assassins, set outside of Italy

8) Deeper connectivity between all the Assassin's Creed projects (eg. an action you make on the Facebook game will impact your game experience on the console; events that you read about in the comics will be related to the storyline of the videogames, etc.)

9) Online Cooperative Mode

10) Offline Cooperative Mode

11) The availability of new maps for the Multiplayer

12) A choice of additional Multiplayer characters with new skill-sets

13) Playing new Multiplayer modes

14) A deeper team-based Multiplayer experience (guilds / squads that have common objectives, new tools for clan management, etc.)

15) A customization of the Multiplayer experience (logos, avatars, objects, team names, etc.) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My answers:
1)Yes
2)Yes
3)No
4)Yes
5)Not really
6)Yes: Desmond
7)No, I think we're done with Ezio
8)Not very interested
9)No, Offline co-op is the best kind of co-op
10)HELL YEAH!
11)Yeah, though that's like DLC
12)Yes
13)Yes
14)Yes
15)Yes

rileypoole1234
12-03-2010, 06:11 PM
the new era wont be just desmond and i highly doubt ubi will put in offline multiplayer.

and that ends my first trolling session.

X10J
12-03-2010, 06:17 PM
Don't know how upgrading your Hidden blade will make you go faster.

Also: how about the ability to dequip weapons and armour?

ElGrandeLupo
12-03-2010, 06:19 PM
I like it all except the multiplayer stuff ( since i never play multiplayer ).

DarthViscer
12-03-2010, 06:25 PM
To me these all sound great but I'd definitely be most interested in 1,2,3,4,5,7,9 and 10. I love Ezio and I'd love to see his story continued yet again. It's not like they're never going to do other characters. I was kind of dissapointed with Project Legacy and just how it was connected. It'd be nice for them to increase the connection but I don't mind either way. Multiplayer doesn't appeal to me all that much but they all seem like natural progressions.

X10J
12-03-2010, 06:29 PM
I think I'm ready to move away from ezio, though I'd like t see the Devs do something like the codex to give closure.

Project Lagacy I'd like to see go but thats just 'cause I don't do Facebook.

SAVMATIC
12-03-2010, 06:41 PM
wow well if this is real these all sound like pretty solid ideas and improvements. Umm so can I vote to continue Ezio's story AND do a new assassin? I want at least some small DLC of Ezios life, if not some actual memories in the next full game. I dont think we need to play anymore full games as him(though I would gladly take it if offered!) but there is no reason they cant have parts of the story of the next game where, aside from the new assassin desmond is experiencing in the animus, they have times where they must go back to Ezio to find some answers(or Altair too, for fans of him).
If French Revolution is next...im curious as to how this new assassin will be...but i am confident the story could definitely flourish in this time period because the french revolution is a very rich historical period with lots of scandal, violence and intrigue.

But also, what of subject 16? Is he alive or dead? I have always wanted to play as 16 himself, and I think this is a concept with so many possibilities! Subject 16 has seen some of the craziest **** the story of assassins creed can yield. Imagine being able to play memories of Adam or to experience, if only briefly, the first world. Subject 16 went to a very wide range of historical times so the possibilities are many. I think the possibility of visit some Ancient Maya civilizations for answer would be amazing. Imagine if Ubisoft recreated Machu Pichu or something of that nature. That would be a truly worthy accomplishment and an amazing assassins creed experience.

Tired-Kid363
12-03-2010, 08:57 PM
I think two games of Ezio is enough. But yea, closure with Ezio is needed. Any other games with him in it should only be on hand held devices.

The next game shouldn't go back further in time, but forward more. It is interesting seeing how the Assassin's Guild evolves and progresses as we get closer to the year 2012.

All the other ideas sound good. They could do a co-op mode like in Splinter Cell Conviction, but with more variety in the game types and you play *** assassin recruits. I would like to see much more customization options in multiplayer too.

DavisP92
12-03-2010, 10:42 PM
I want all except number 7, but they should end ezio's story. what i'm really excited for is what they mean by number 1. i thought up an idea for an upgraded hidden blade. on the blade there are wires so u can shoot the blade out and retract it back in. this way u can assassinate targets without being super close with the blade and u can use it in combat as a whip like weapon.

X10J
12-03-2010, 11:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pdavis3:
I want all except number 7, but they should end ezio's story. what i'm really excited for is what they mean by number 1. i thought up an idea for an upgraded hidden blade. on the blade there are wires so u can shoot the blade out and retract it back in. this way u can assassinate targets without being super close with the blade and u can use it in combat as a whip like weapon. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yea, I thought about something similar a wihle ago then I realized all the ranged weapons we already have. Still sounds like fun though and I don't mind variety.

Also: how about a hidden nuse. You could perch on a beam waiting for your pray, then at the right moment YANK strangle death.

Avl521
12-04-2010, 08:46 AM
Well that's what the survey says, if it is indeed made by Ubisoft then that gives us a general idea of what they're thinking for the next game.

About how the Hidden blade can make you go faster, imagine a sort of hiking tool. So say you're running and can jump higher walls by pushing the hidden blade through the wall to get higher, or using it to climb walls or cut through glass if it's modern time.

I think 2 games about Ezio is enough, I want a new ancester and more time as Desmond.