PDA

View Full Version : starts from carriers, patch 3.03

XyZspineZyX
01-05-2005, 03:25 AM
Hello there,
any suggestions to get a F4U Corsair airborne with patch 3.03 ? Best speed without any ammo at end of carrier deck is 110 - flaps in start pos., never get this lump of lead in the air. Seeing an ai plane start it loses it's landing gear touching the water. I thought i had at least some experience in that ...
Greetings,
VIIseas

XyZspineZyX
01-05-2005, 03:25 AM
Hello there,
any suggestions to get a F4U Corsair airborne with patch 3.03 ? Best speed without any ammo at end of carrier deck is 110 - flaps in start pos., never get this lump of lead in the air. Seeing an ai plane start it loses it's landing gear touching the water. I thought i had at least some experience in that ...
Greetings,
VIIseas

Slick750
01-05-2005, 09:45 AM
Is that carrier moving or just standing there?

XyZspineZyX
01-05-2005, 12:05 PM
Hello Slick750,
tnank you for replying - maybe i should have introduced myself first. But i have had lots of names at UBI, and every now and then the UBI server seems to forget my name or password. Trying the old one does not work, sending me a new password does not work either.
The carrier is moving, indication of speed is 30 kph. I just do not get the Corsair airborne, be it w/o ammo or half filled tank. I was able to do that with the 3.02 patch. Now if the new patch is more realistic, there must be some technique i apparently do not know.
What i usually do: Start engine, 100 mixture, 100 prop, Wep/110 percent on, Tailwheel locked, no flaps now, canopy closed.
When the engine is revving at 110 throw away brake shoes and lift tail to get speed, short before the end of carrier deck apply flaps and get the landing gear in as soon as the wheels are off the deck. The nose is up, be it with or w/o full/start flaps, but the speed is too low - before the landing gear is being drawn in the wheels will touch the water and i'm taking a bath.
ALl other planes seem to be working - any ideas?
Greetings from Germany,
Viiseas

XyZspineZyX
01-06-2005, 01:27 AM
anyone ?

VBF-83_Hawk
01-06-2005, 02:06 AM
Its the flight model.

Its a long story.
First you need to understand the weight and take-off distances at those weights. The heavier the plane the more runway needed.
Second you need to check the speed of the carrier to give you a realitive wing in order to shorten the take-off roll.

The carrier in your post is going too slow. 56km/h (33 mph)is the max speed for the Essex class carriers and is what needs to be set for the speed of the carrier during departures. Also, there is no wind in PF so you are screwed an extra 15-20 kts of wind.

The best you might can do is 50% fuel, rockets and a few 500lb bombs from a carrier cruising at 33 kts with no wind.

Full Brakes
Full flaps
Full Power
release brakes
get the tail up
as it starts to roll, release back presure on the stick but keep the tail up.
just as soon as it leaves the deck, get the gear up.

Do not try to force it up. Be easy on the aft stick prasure. Too little and its time to swim, too much and its time to swim.