PDA

View Full Version : Warrior's Den December 20th

CandleInTheDark
12-19-2018, 11:20 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pITTbsLuOM

This just in from reddit

The show will be pre-recorded because of the holidays

We should be seeing what that big Question Mark for tomorrow is in the roadmap which is most likely related to this Assassins Creed Crossover they just tweeted - https://twitter.com/ForHonorGame/status/1075435597127241728

They might also go over the Year 3 Roadmap + Year 3 Pass. If you haven't caught up with that yet check https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/news-community/152-341958-16/new-heroes-and-more-coming-in-the-year-of-the-harbinger
Contest:

To end the post, I'd like to remind people that there is an ongoing T-Shirt design contest to celebrate the upcoming anniversary of For Honor https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-gb/news-community/detail.aspx?c=tcm:154-341603-16&ct=tcm:154-76770-32

Reward: A cash prize of US $1000 and the opportunity for the Winner's Design to be printed on T-shirts that will be sold on the Ubi Workshop.

Recorded-pre \m/<(-.-)>\m/

There is a very Assassin's Creed vibe in both the splash screen and what they are wearing.

Year three season pass (which may or may not have been leaked). Year Three is named the Year of the Harbinger, we get more detail today.

The year begins January 31st 2019, we have a high level roadmap. Season 1 we get a new Knight hero, season 2 new Samurai, season 3, new Viking, season 4 New Wu Lin. All heroes next year will be both male and female.

The weapons on the background of the seasons may be tied to the heroes (who knows? they say)

There will be new maps coming in the new year.

Season pass will get early access to the new heroes as standard, each will have an elite outfit. There is a new effect, Thunderbolts and Frightening, 5 scavenger crates, thirty days champion status.

Three week long crossover event For The Creed

Kickass trailer narrated by the guy who voiced Warren. I saw a hidden dagger execution as part of it.

Themed atmosphere, Assassin's Creed music from the past games.

Animus themed background

Soldiers get a new look

Commanders are themed after some of the Assassin's Creed characters.

Three maps get a change, hijakced by the animus. Assassin and templar flags, glitch effects, Animus lines in the air, a lot for us to discover ourselves.

Week 2 and week 3 in the arcade there will be AC cameos.

Animus themed AC emblem outlines

Special event exclusive weapons.

Everything in this event will be released week one.

Mask outfits, leap of faith emote, two elite outfits, hidden blade execution, that's just the purchaseables. There is also two effects, battle outfits, all animus based. They have embossings, first time in an event., also for the first time these lootables may be puirchased. As with all event related cosmetics it is time limited to unlock. There will be arcade and assassini e templari game mode exclusive unlocks. There is a dynamic price bundle starting at 35,000 steel

They are running two contests, fanfiction and trailers, with the theme of For Honor/Assassin's Creed crossover.

Game mode

Assassini e templari

Based on dominion with a catch. Capture the main lane to call out the commander, kill him for 300 points. This is a PvPvAI type event. The maps for this are citadel gate, beachhead and river fort. No fall damage anywhere in the map

They did an interview with the people behind the event and then one with the voice of Daubeny (who also voiced a certain AC character).

And that wraps us for the last Den of the year, next Den January 10th.

Halvtand
12-20-2018, 12:10 AM
The big reveal is that we're actually, just as in Assassin's Creed, replaying the memories of our ancestors - In For Honor!
*Mind blown*
Such deep

Tundra 793
12-20-2018, 01:23 AM
Well, this Assassin's Creed tie in has me kinda worried. Can't For Honor develop its own identity without needing AC to fill in some blanks? We've had the emblems since launch, surely that'll have to do.
And if any community reps sees this; Who, if any, is the lead writer on For Honor these days? I know the position was left vacant after Ari left, but has it been filled?

And Candle; If you ever need me to fill in for the recaps, just let me know. Ideally a day or two ahead of time, but in emergencies I'll do what I can.

Halvtand
12-20-2018, 01:42 AM
I can't say that I'm not worried. Writing and story-wise FH has been doing great. The campaign was a bit less than expected, but in a multiplayer game it was adequate. Let's just say that there is a host of AC-stuff that I would not like to see in FH, and even more that I would not deem compatible with each other's worlds.

Tundra 793
12-20-2018, 01:52 AM
I can't say that I'm not worried. Writing and story-wise FH has been doing great. The campaign was a bit less than expected, but in a multiplayer game it was adequate. Let's just say that there is a host of AC-stuff that I would not like to see in FH, and even more that I would not deem compatible with each other's worlds.

Couldn't agree more. According to some sources, the documentary Playing Hard tells us that by the end of For Honor's development, Creative Director and visionary Jason Vandenberghe had reserved himself to just working on the single player story, and I think that's why the story works.
Ari of course kept working as much as she could after launch, and after Jason left, but the entire lore has broken down since Season 4.

Rather then keep on building a new world for gamers, I feel like For Honor's just devolved into playing as statistics and math, wrapped in colorful polygons rather than fully fledged characters.
This AC crossover doesn't fill me with hope or excitement that For Honor might evolve into its own unique IP.

Vakris_One
12-20-2018, 03:59 AM
I'm kind of baffled by news of this AC crossover. It doesn't really make sense. I mean For Honor isn't supposed to be taking place in our real life history, it's an alternate reality world whereas Assassins Creed's whole schtick is supposed to be "this could have happened" in our history. The two are polar opposites. It's like having Star Wars do a crossover with Star Trek.

SwellChemosabe
12-20-2018, 03:56 PM
I agree that story wise its probably not a good move to make, blending two very seperate games into one, but i must admit i am curious to see what they have in mind. I loved the earlier assassins creed games 1-revalation and black flag was a good refresher but i cant quite imagine how they plan to blend it into the world of for honor.

Perhaps theyre just bringing in skins? Like an altair or ezio outfit? Or maybe itll be an event gamemode where you have to fight the assassin characters dressed up like the brotherhood? An assassination type of execution? Worst case scenario i think is that they try to implement a type of mechanic from one of the AC games because i can only imagine the outrage if all of a sudden we can throw knives like its nobodies business or "blend in" with the minions and such.

SnippierRogue34
12-20-2018, 04:37 PM
https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1977314-4-New-Hero-in-For-Honor-Premiere

Siegfried-Z
12-20-2018, 06:46 PM
Omg they play like rep 5 players at best XD

Feedmeyourcows2
12-20-2018, 07:58 PM
Sooooo the shugoki is now going to have an assassins creed killmove animation? Seems legit

Baggin_
12-20-2018, 08:02 PM
They faked me out with the beginning cinematic with the 3 heroes about to fight.

Thought the game mode was going to be 1v1v1

SnippierRogue34
12-20-2018, 09:02 PM
https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1977387-Assain-creed-infect-for-honor

bhitrock
12-20-2018, 09:35 PM
Sooooo the shugoki is now going to have an assassins creed killmove animation? Seems legit

Actually, that's a hidden teaser to the shugoki rework, and he'll have 300ms lights and the hug will be substituted by another move with Hyperarmor that provides insta-kill and is undodgeable.
Also, earth is flat and the aliens are plotting with the nazi to hide it to us.

Halvtand
12-21-2018, 01:10 PM
The big reveal is that we're actually, just as in Assassin's Creed, replaying the memories of our ancestors - In For Honor!
*Mind blown*
Such deep

First post and called it.

Vakris_One
12-21-2018, 03:30 PM
First post and called it.
Half(-tand) Life 3 confirmed!

sotoshi1
01-08-2019, 09:40 AM
Hello,

My suggestion:

Many players are disappointed right now, About defense metas etc, I would suggest something i was thinking about for a long time. I believe, developers should change the GRAB. If this is changed, it is going to look like more of a fighting game, rather than spamming light attacks or turtle. This is my opinion >>> GRAB key, if the opponent does the same, grab is canceled. So, after grab, if u have this ...clintz, there should be a second option, A or B, two-points action. So, here it is > you grab, opponent too THEN u press either A or B, if the other press A, u both get canceled, just as it is now ( an animation of a more intense wrestle), but if the other guy presses the other key (e.g. one press A after grab, the other B) then u have the normal grab we all now. Because right now, we all know about grab, if you grab me i just do the same. With this suggestion, it is gonna be more of fight, just imagine the second "wrestle" animation. Because now, I turtle, u grab me, i do too, nothing happens. Just a thought :)

Regards everyone,
S.