PDA

View Full Version : Idea for new Wu Lin hero

Liduras
12-19-2018, 08:42 PM
Name: ??? (didn't decide a name)

Weapon: Han Jian sword (tai chi sword)

Moves:

Backstep feints: this hero uses tai chi stance and footwork during his backstep attacks to make them feints. He moves back just before his attack hits. The top backstep attacks can be followed by a bash, a left undodgeable light finisher, a top unblockable heavy finisher and dodge. Right backstep attacks can be followed by a stunning top light finisher, a bash and dodge. Left backstep attacks can be followed by a guard break throw, a right or top light/heavy opener and a dodge.

Throw counter: dodging to the opposite direction of an attack throws the oppenent.

Stun throws: throwing a stunned enemy sweeps them to ground. Throws stun.

Side heavy feints: pressing light attack button during a side heavy soft feints it to a stunning attack from the opposite direction.

Chain starters: dodge attacks starts chains.

Second and third heavy feints: the second and third heavy attack in a chain can be feinted into a guardbreak throw.

Third attack finishers: the top heavy finisher in a 3 attack chain is unblockable. The light finisher in a 3 attack chain is undodgeable and stuns.

Zone and sprint attack cancel: feint zone and sprint attack by pressing E

Mixups:

Light, heavy

Heavy, light

Light, light

Heavy, heavy

Light, heavy, light

Heavy, light, heavy

Side dodge attacks: A or D+dodge+light

Forward dash attack: W+dodge+heavy (has hyper armor)

Zone: 500 ms right attack, 500 ms bash (the bash drains stamina and does NOT guarantee an attack unless it wallsplats. The wallsplats stun.)

Sprint attack: similar to zone, except the first attack comes from top.

Ubiflowessence
12-19-2018, 09:17 PM
Thanks for sharing this! Does anyone have a name that would fit this particular hero?

MuscleTech12018
12-19-2018, 10:59 PM
Oh boy... what is wrong with the "community representative" nowadays ? Do they even read this kind of threads ? To they even know the game mechanics ?

Can you please, read again this post SLOWLY and really NOT tell him his ideas basicaly resumes the most op hero ingame ? Your main curiosity was the name... ok !

Interact with the people not just mainly cheer all the crap, that's why we never get the good ideas out of this forum.

RenegadeRasta
12-20-2018, 12:52 AM
No more feints. Please. I'm so sick of them. And yes, community representative. You need to read this again, and tell this guy NO.

Tundra 793
12-20-2018, 01:17 AM
Oh boy... what is wrong with the "community representative" nowadays ? Do they even read this kind of threads ? To they even know the game mechanics ?

Can you please, read again this post SLOWLY and really NOT tell him his ideas basicaly resumes the most op hero ingame ? Your main curiosity was the name... ok !

Interact with the people not just mainly cheer all the crap, that's why we never get the good ideas out of this forum.

Wooah, easy there partner. Ms/Mr Flow is relatively new to our neck of the woods, no need for hostility.

All the Ubi community folks job entails encouraging discussion between players. You don't like this idea? Totally fine, let us know why, in excruciating detail, but lets not resort to an unfriendly tone in doing so.

Do keep in mind that the Community folk only pass on our ideas to the core developers, we help them by refining and discussing ideas. It's not on them to tell us our ideas are wrong.

Liduras
12-20-2018, 02:41 PM
Before calling this OP, please keep in mind that i didn't write the speeds, damages, length of feint windows and stamina costs. These can be adjusted for balance.

I think giving a lot of mixup potential to a hero is the best way to give him an opener, because it is the only way to open a turtle without playing a guessing game with unreactable moves. To open a turtle, the heroes need either an unreactable move (Warden SB, Conqueror SB, Berserker's feint into 400 ms light,...etc.), a safe move (Gladiator zone), an unreactable unlock tech (Shinobi tackle, Warlord charge) or a lot of feint and mixup potential to force a choice reaction with a lot of options (Kensei, Shaman,...etc.).

I don't think any of the things i suggested are OP if they are slow enough to be reactable, the stamina costs are high enough and the damages are low enough. Kensei and Shaman also have this much feint/mixup potential with 1 move, but they are balanced.

You may not agree, i am not against it. But atleast explain why you think it is OP with a friendly tone.