PDA

View Full Version : Why there is no cinematic trailer for the new pass ? bad marketing

MrB3NX
12-19-2018, 11:38 AM
Hello guys ,

I wonder why Ubisoft announced a big DLC without promoting it

How can you sell it to non hardcore fans without a cinematic trailer displaying the new heroes fighting each other and beat the old ones

They should've done some marketing similar with Marching fire since both cost the same amount of money

a cinematic trailer would increase the hype off the charts and would lead to insta purchase

there is still a chance to work on it since it's for a whole year .

Tyrjo
12-19-2018, 11:59 AM
They haven't annonced it yet. The info we have was leaked from Amazon.

rottmeister
12-19-2018, 12:01 PM
They still might show a cinematic trailer or teaser in the next Warrior's Den. However I don't think it'll happen, we've already got a lot of information about the weapons/gender/release/faction of the characters. They probably will show character specific trailers near the release of each character like they have done so with the year 1 heroes. Marching Fire was more of an expansion pack and something "fancy" to show off at E3 to get people to play their game. I agree that the marketing could've been better, but it's not awful. WWE 2k19's marketing was abysmal: no nothing pretty much until 2 weeks before release. With For Honor we always got a clear roadmap of what's to come. It's better to spread the information about the new characters to build up the hype, if you already show everything, the hype will die before it even releases. I know the feeling of wanting to know more, but we just have to be patient. It's been only 2 days or so since it was leaked.

Tundra 793
12-19-2018, 12:23 PM

This is correct. Whatever reveal, if any, we will get could come tomorrow. The information made available to us so far is because of the Amazon leak, which might have prompted the release of the Year of the Harbinger page on the main site.

SpaceJim12
12-19-2018, 01:24 PM
I'd better look at new knight character gameplay/armor.=)

And devs already tried E3 + cinematic with Marching Fire. But this didn't help a lot. So focus on core community sounds right for me.

MrB3NX
12-19-2018, 02:48 PM

what are you talking about ?

you can freaking buy it in game

yeah it got leaked but they officially announced it two days before the den .

Tundra 793
12-19-2018, 03:17 PM

There's been no major reveal of it yet. Like I said, the webpage going up could have been a result of the Amazon leak, but the developers themselves have not publicly announced it, as presumably, they pre-taped tomorrows Warrior's Den specifically for this purpose.

Vakris_One
12-19-2018, 03:57 PM

No need to get your blood pressure up over a simple statement of fact. It was leaked prematurely by Amazon. This forced Ubisoft's hand into prematurely releasing the road map for Year 3, which is not how they will have planned this reveal to go down. They didn't officially anounce it really, it escaped from them and they just put up an image of the road map and a link to buy the DLC in-game without any kind of official statements.

They obviously got caught unprepared by this leak as none of this was supposed to happen until Thursday and you're calling their marketing bad without even having a clue whether they have a trailer or not prepared for Thursday's Den. I would recommend trying to reign in the inner "REEEEEEEE!" and just wait for Thursday's pre-recorded Den before complaining about a trailer or lack thereof. This "I want it all now, now, NOW!" mentality is unnecessary.

Halvtand
12-19-2018, 05:23 PM
No need to get your blood pressure up over a simple statement of fact. It was leaked prematurely by Amazon. This forced Ubisoft's hand into prematurely releasing the road map for Year 3, which is not how they will have planned this reveal to go down. They didn't officially anounce it really, it escaped from them and they just put up an image of the road map and a link to buy the DLC in-game without any kind of official statements.

They obviously got caught unprepared by this leak as none of this was supposed to happen until Thursday and you're calling their marketing bad without even having a clue whether they have a trailer or not prepared for Thursday's Den. I would recommend trying to reign in the inner "REEEEEEEE!" and just wait for Thursday's pre-recorded Den before complaining about a trailer or lack thereof. This "I want it all now, now, NOW!" mentality is unnecessary.

Follow-up: Last Den we learned that tomorrow's Den is pre-recorded. So the trailer for the Harbinger-stuff (if there is one) will be broadcast during the Den and should not be released on other media (such as Youtube or wherever the kids go these days) until AFTER the Den.

MrB3NX
12-19-2018, 06:40 PM
There's been no major reveal of it yet. Like I said, the webpage going up could have been a result of the Amazon leak, but the developers themselves have not publicly announced it, as presumably, they pre-taped tomorrows Warrior's Den specifically for this purpose.

So you are telling me the employee behind the game's social media is not a developer of the game ?

I hope tomorrow's den will bring something special other than commenting on what has been revealed .

Devils-_-legacy
12-19-2018, 06:56 PM
So you are telling me the employee behind the game's social media is not a developer of the game ?

I hope tomorrow's den will bring something special other than commenting on what has been revealed .
What social media? reddit?
as im sure it was unintentional as Amazon leaked it 2 days ago there official twitter only aknowledge it yesterday there Facebook hasnt yet they

MrB3NX
12-19-2018, 08:48 PM
What social media? reddit?
as im sure it was unintentional as Amazon leaked it 2 days ago there official twitter only aknowledge it yesterday there Facebook hasnt yet they

reddit is a forum , it work different than the social media

the game have official pages on twitter + instagram , they announced it there yesterday

people barely use facebook nowadays .

Ubiflowessence
12-19-2018, 09:13 PM
Tune into the Warrior's Den LiveStream tomorrow guys!

All I can say is, it's going to be a long one! :)