PDA

View Full Version : Vegas - Vista multiplayer problem

wt_lesny
03-21-2008, 03:47 PM
Hey, first of all I realise that win XP is the only oficially supported os but maybe someone managed to get through it. So, game starts as it should SP works fine but I always get Failed to initialize online service (or similar i dont remember the exact message) - no problems on XP of course. Did someone managed to get it work on Vista 32 bits?

I will really appreciate your help on this matter

wt_lesny
03-21-2008, 03:47 PM
Hey, first of all I realise that win XP is the only oficially supported os but maybe someone managed to get through it. So, game starts as it should SP works fine but I always get Failed to initialize online service (or similar i dont remember the exact message) - no problems on XP of course. Did someone managed to get it work on Vista 32 bits?

I will really appreciate your help on this matter

sealzgrim8678
03-25-2008, 08:41 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif
I am running Vista 32 bit and have been since the day it released.. i don't yet have vista service pack 1 so i am still all original , i play rainbow six all the time on single and multi and i never have an issue. i even run my game as a non dedicated server and am able to support all 16 players in team matches.. it may be your router if you have one , or one of the many firewalls: windows firewall, store bought firewall {mcaffee , norton , kasperski, etc.}. so i am not sure for your issue. On my wifes pc i do get the failed to initialize network every one in a blue moon, but i just un/replug the network cable {that is hooked to that pc}from the back of the router , and wait about 5 sec. after plugging it back in. then click restart the game. works wonders. hope this helps.