PDA

View Full Version : Can arcade get a rework?

Velentix
12-16-2018, 10:50 PM
I know its not a huge concern for the playerbase, but your guys current incarnation of arcade is this: throw the player into a gank situation where he has even more disadvantages in the form of reduced attack, whatever random rebuffs you give him, while the enemy does more damage and has perks. Usually three s tier heroes spamming their most cancerous moves to hit lock you at that.

For costing 30 bucks this is a monumentally crappy game mode. Dont get me wrong, I like a challenge because a challange requires the person to use all game mechanics at his disposal to overcome a challenge. You guys remove core game mechanics like parry or guard ui, while the ai reads their inputs. Essentially you removed mindgames in favor of luck. How did this get through any sort of management to be actually sold?

PepsiBeastin
12-16-2018, 11:06 PM
I've just recently got marching fire to try out arcade and realized how utterly unfun it is. One of my legendary quests was killing a jiang-jun with UNLIMITED HEALTH REGEN AND NEAR-INSTANT REVENGE GAIN. It was literally impossible to kill him. The instant you do something he would either throw an attack to cut you off or parry you, and if you try and turtle he just sits there and regenerates literally everything you've struggled to hit him with.

Velentix
12-16-2018, 11:30 PM
I feel your pain, I've had similar experiences.

Vendelkin
12-17-2018, 12:50 AM
I would be opposed to a rework too it but wouldnt mind something new, more adventure based.

Im one of the weird people that love and thrive off arcade mode. And ive actually been a bit sad with how the weekly quests have been getting easier as of late. (Current is a cakewalk)

Inzzane_79
12-17-2018, 09:23 AM
I would be opposed to a rework too it but wouldnt mind something new, more adventure based.

Im one of the weird people that love and thrive off arcade mode. And ive actually been a bit sad with how the weekly quests have been getting easier as of late. (Current is a cakewalk)

That bombs and that infinite revenge Lawbringer gave me a headache this week. Never had to play so patient against AI and hope the AI falls for feints and tries to parry.

The whole arcade Thing is flawed, it comes down to "how to cheese them the most" in 90% of the fights which counters fun hard.

I would like to see a change to Arcade so it is not 4 to 5 stages with fighting OP/broken AI chars, make it a big map where we have to do stuff like capture Points, save a hostage, which opens up more of that map and lets you progress. Give us our perks!!! Place badass AI chars on the map that give Bonus buffs like bleed damage on hits (let us work for those buffs instead of just rng them on us at the start of a match). And make it so the AI can also fight for those so they can get those buffs too, or make it so if they get those buffs we are getting debuffs. Make 3 Points that when all 3 are hold by either Team the opposite Team gets a huge nerf like not be able to use light attacks for 30sec, not be able to parry, canīt sprint, canīt block, canīt dodge. Make it so it is very hard to get all 3 points (for both, AI shoudl have it as hard as we have).

Give us something more than just 1 effect please. 1 Special execution per character only unlockable in arcade mode, 1 special colour, 1 set of arcade armor (red outline, same gear Points as legendary), arcade Ornaments, arcade Emblems, an arcade costume! (unlocked by finishing the weekly 10 times). Every new Season you can just do minor changes to those things to keep them fresh and keep the work to a Minimum. Let us earn steel with arcade mode through arcade specific bounties/orders.

I bet the community could came up with some pretty good ideas (and we donīt even want to get paid to give you our ideas!!!)

bannex19
12-17-2018, 09:57 AM
That bombs and that infinite revenge Lawbringer gave me a headache this week. Never had to play so patient against AI and hope the AI falls for feints and tries to parry.

The whole arcade Thing is flawed, it comes down to "how to cheese them the most" in 90% of the fights which counters fun hard.

I would like to see a change to Arcade so it is not 4 to 5 stages with fighting OP/broken AI chars, make it a big map where we have to do stuff like capture Points, save a hostage, which opens up more of that map and lets you progress. Give us our perks!!! Place badass AI chars on the map that give Bonus buffs like bleed damage on hits (let us work for those buffs instead of just rng them on us at the start of a match). And make it so the AI can also fight for those so they can get those buffs too, or make it so if they get those buffs we are getting debuffs. Make 3 Points that when all 3 are hold by either Team the opposite Team gets a huge nerf like not be able to use light attacks for 30sec, not be able to parry, canīt sprint, canīt block, canīt dodge. Make it so it is very hard to get all 3 points (for both, AI shoudl have it as hard as we have).

Give us something more than just 1 effect please. 1 Special execution per character only unlockable in arcade mode, 1 special colour, 1 set of arcade armor (red outline, same gear Points as legendary), arcade Ornaments, arcade Emblems, an arcade costume! (unlocked by finishing the weekly 10 times). Every new Season you can just do minor changes to those things to keep them fresh and keep the work to a Minimum. Let us earn steel with arcade mode through arcade specific bounties/orders.

I bet the community could came up with some pretty good ideas (and we donīt even want to get paid to give you our ideas!!!)

Woah woah woah...

Let's stop with the arcade exclusives until they've fixed the mode entirely.

A rework is the only thing that can save this mode. The OP nailed it, S tier cancer spam with unnecessary debuffs.

Being an avid dark souls and bloodborne fan, I'm not adverse to challenging gameplay and I've often looked for ways to get into 1v2 or 1v3 bot situations for practice but unfortunately they haven't really made that avail (unless there is something im missing in practice)

Challenging gameplay this arcade mode is not. It's pure lazy bull sh!t. It's not a challenge, it's flat out trolling their fanbase. Nerfing lvl 3 bots isn't going to change a thing. This mode had to be made by an unpaid intern with an impossible deadline requirement.

Jazz117Volkov
12-17-2018, 12:02 PM
I haven't touched the weekly quests. Arcade is just too disappointing for me to contend with. It's like they did zero homework before developing the mode. It's such a limited, contrived, mess. No community element, fcuking 2 player cap, RNG anti-player, constant load-screen bullsh!t. I get mad just thinking about it.

I need to stop. I can't even vent about it; it's just too frustrating to think about. I wasted $30 on an abysmal embarrassment that is so disappointing it's offensive.

Vendelkin
12-17-2018, 05:37 PM
If anyones really struggling i literrally make on console videos about strat you can use to get through them on a weekly basis now. Ive been clea4ing them since they came out and I can promise that the lawbringern one this week is by far the easiest weve ever had. The only difficult phase is phase 1.

Also dont forget gear wcore and perks apply in arcade. So 180 gs helps you survive and deal damage.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RaEJpe5poeI

rottmeister
12-17-2018, 06:33 PM
I agree, Arcade hasn't been an enjoyable mode for me so far.
Never have I ever wanted to yeet my controller across my room into the wall until I tried the first couple of Weekly Quests alone (with Nuxia).
I haven't tried the last few weekly quests but luckily they seem a lot easier.
Are the bots less parry happy right now? I've seen video's where the bots still look exactly the same.

Vendelkin
12-17-2018, 06:36 PM
Tbh i havent noticed a drop in parries, but thats probably because i learned to jot rely on parries and use guaranteed hits and mechs to win in arcade. Additionally bots can be baited intonparries themselves with feints and almost every lvl 3 bot has a quirk that can be exploited. (Such as peacekeepers on gb)

Helnekromancer
12-18-2018, 09:50 PM
Why doesn't Arcade mode have a queue? Would love to click on the mode and wait for a partner.

The_Sun_Danc3
12-19-2018, 07:18 AM
Tbh i havent noticed a drop in parries, but thats probably because i learned to jot rely on parries and use guaranteed hits and mechs to win in arcade. Additionally bots can be baited intonparries themselves with feints and almost every lvl 3 bot has a quirk that can be exploited. (Such as peacekeepers on gb)

Honestly the only mode where peacekeeper is good.
Iíve beaten the weekly probably over 200 times. Iíve all got the effect variants on most of the characters. Itís at the point where itís boring because 1: they donít usually fall for feints. Before the patch they had a 100% success rate on parrying 50/50s. They can parry pkís zone and her bleed cancel. They still rarely fall for heavy feints, even to guardbreak, itís just now they have a lower success rate on countering your attacks (used to be 100% unless counterattacking)
It needs a revamp, but more than anything it needs more rewards. The only reason people will want to play it is because of exclusive rewards. If not you get better amounts of do and steel playing pvp, so thereís no real reason to grind it except for the exclusives.
Itís been out more than two months and they still havenít released 1 new exclusive reward. For the last two Iíve only played them once. Once I see crimson conquest I say whatís the point and donít want to play anymore. If something doesnít change soon I wonít even be playing once a week.

Vendelkin
12-19-2018, 09:59 AM
Yeah honestly the rewards are pretty lame. Id be very happy if there was a substantial steel bonus for first clears of the weekly quest. You know.... since its weekly and all.

Inzzane_79
12-19-2018, 10:51 AM
Letīs sum this up a bit

Problems we have:

-Bots still stupid and unfun to play (not really falling for feints, can parry almost everything, cancel guardbreak 99%)
-Boring to play
-Not enough rewards
-Loading times after every match (I put this here as my personal problem, I hate sitting in loading screens more than actually plaing a game)

Suggestions to make arcade mode good:

-Complete rework of the mode (we should get into more details after we find out what we really want to have)
-More rewards
-Smarter bots (I donīt know how to make them but some guys here will come up with very good ideas Iīm sure)
-High Steel rewards for first completion of the week (per char? per account?)

Feel free to add anything I have forgoten

My personal reword would be something like:

Big map with closed Areas that have to be opened up by completing tasks like capturing points and holding them for X amount of time, killing 2 heroes within 20sec, getting a flag from Point A to B and defend that flag for x amouint of time, rescuing a hostage by defeating a boss hero (more HP, all unblockable attacks for example). Bots will start with 1 positive modifier, players start without any modifiers. Modifiers are on the map and you can fight for them (the bots can get them also), modifiers are not infinite for players but for bots so you should look out for bots that try to get them and deny it. Last part of the map could be an Arena where we have to fight several bots (first only 1, then 2 at the same time, ....) with the last opponent being a boss bot (more hp and he gets all modifiers that the bots were able to unlock), our feats are unlocked in that mode.

Better rewards could be something like:
-exclusive executions
-exclusive effects
-exclusive emotes
-exclusive gear (same gearscore as legendary but red outline for example)
-exclusive colours
-exclusive Ornaments/Patterns

sycobanana77
12-20-2018, 03:13 AM
I stopped playing Arcade in the first hour after I first touched it. The bots are insanely difficult and the scenarios are absolutely ridiculous. "Arcade" mode should be something fun that you want to jump into whenever. Go up against waves of soldiers and characters that get progressively harder and keep going til you die. Right now it's just a joke because it has a solid framework for something spectacular.

OrdiinaryBear
12-22-2018, 01:04 PM
So i bought the expansion (don't do that) thinking that it would be great to learn how to play a new character. I took my Kensei with 13 gear (because i just started to play him) went on the recommended level and litterly speedruned the quest. Then I went just two difficulties above (purple) and got 3 hitted by a pk light attacks. When i selcted the Kensei they specified that i would do "less damge" but never said I would get destroyed by a random pk.

I came to the conclusion that "less damage" means "get rekt" and and gives you an attack debuff and gives the ennemies an attack buff. So arcade is not a matter of skill but a matter of gear.

Now we could say that it is hard because it is worth a lot. Nope, I saw a video of a guy try-hardening during 30 minutes to get 53 steels and 300 exp, AND HE PLAYED ON LEGENDARY DIFFICULTY !

That means that I payed 15 € to get a ganking OP game mode and only have a really REALLY small chance to get something interesting. Well, I think i'm gonna play breach with unfair matchmaking again, at least i get rewards for getting raped.
(SoRy FoR bAd LoNdOn)

darksavior1977
12-24-2018, 04:58 AM
I find arcade to be a massive disappointment. Its not really anything more than a chain of outnumbered and debuffed fights against increasingly cheap and unfun AI. Its a total let down as part of the Marching Fire package imo. I just don't find it fun at all, and the exclusive effects just aren't enough of a draw to endure the torture of the weekly set at insane difficulty. I don't immediately have a detailed idea for a fix or rework, but I ignore it as a game mode now and hope it does get changed into something I find appealing.

Feedmeyourcows2
12-24-2018, 06:32 PM
Imagine my horror when I was up against 3 bots, one of which attack's were unblockable and there wasn't a ledge nearby.

ArchDukeInstinct
12-24-2018, 10:26 PM
I know its not a huge concern for the playerbase, but your guys current incarnation of arcade is this: throw the player into a gank situation where he has even more disadvantages in the form of reduced attack, whatever random rebuffs you give him, while the enemy does more damage and has perks. Usually three s tier heroes spamming their most cancerous moves to hit lock you at that.

This. The only thing you can do is wait until you get revenge and if lucky enough are on a map where spikes or ledge exists so you can throw them off. Ironically, bots are way more vulnerable to getting caught with a raw guard break (which most players would counter 99% of the time) than failing to parry a 400ms attack.

The most disturbing is when it's a 1v3 and the system as the audacity to give the bots level 3 heal on attack and then all you get is extra chip damage... Sometimes you'll even have one bot one hit away from death but you won't be able to switch lock on to them to finish them off because it will over switch between the same 2 random targets.

Are the bots less parry happy right now? I've seen video's where the bots still look exactly the same.

I would say there is a decent drop off in how often they parry, but they still parry an unnatural amount of 400ms attacks and block Nuxia deflects even with a stance change.

The change is there and noticeable but at the end of the day turtling is still the only viable way to go.