PDA

View Full Version : 37mm question?

PBNA-Boosher
01-18-2005, 05:33 AM
Can you guys help me do some tests? I was flying an online DCG campaign last night in a P-39N-1 against a bunch of D3A Vals, but I noticed that my 37mm cannon wasn't having a very large effect. Did we get the AP or HE version of the 37mm, and how many hits do you think it should take to bring down the Val. In this campaign it was taking me more than 3, sometimes as many as 7. Are you guys getting the same results? Or is my gunnery just that bad? I noticed that most of my hits take place on the wings.

I was able to put very large holes in the wings and knock off the landing gear though, that was cool.

PBNA-Boosher
01-18-2005, 05:33 AM
Can you guys help me do some tests? I was flying an online DCG campaign last night in a P-39N-1 against a bunch of D3A Vals, but I noticed that my 37mm cannon wasn't having a very large effect. Did we get the AP or HE version of the 37mm, and how many hits do you think it should take to bring down the Val. In this campaign it was taking me more than 3, sometimes as many as 7. Are you guys getting the same results? Or is my gunnery just that bad? I noticed that most of my hits take place on the wings.

I was able to put very large holes in the wings and knock off the landing gear though, that was cool.

JG5_UnKle
01-18-2005, 05:46 AM
IIRC It's a mix 1AP 1HE

But I might be wrong. A bit like the MK108 - 1/2 of your ammo load can 'seem' ineffective http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

clint-ruin
01-18-2005, 06:03 AM
Got changed to 100% HET rounds back in a patch for the original Il2 as far as I know.