PDA

View Full Version : Need info on Stukas and divebombing in them

blackpulpit1970
03-01-2006, 08:42 PM
Hello all i have been flying the stuka lately for dive bombing and i love it, could you all fill me in on the difference of them. What is best and what is the best bombs to use,rad settings, prop pitch,how to fly them properly and so on. I would like to hear all about it and what you all do in it and how. thanks all.

blackpulpit1970
03-01-2006, 08:42 PM
Hello all i have been flying the stuka lately for dive bombing and i love it, could you all fill me in on the difference of them. What is best and what is the best bombs to use,rad settings, prop pitch,how to fly them properly and so on. I would like to hear all about it and what you all do in it and how. thanks all.

slipBall
03-02-2006, 05:12 AM
I think a good way to get some tips, would be to view "stuka ground attack" in the training section of your game. By watching the screen, you may pick up some info on power, & prop pitch.

p-11.cAce
03-02-2006, 07:24 AM
D-5 is the hot ticket as it has the Stuvi sight. The Stuka is one of my favorite planes offline - the best practice is to get in qmb, switch to unlimited ammo, and jsut go blow everything up. Always attack parallel with the target, always start from at least 2500meters (I prefer 3000), pushing over generally is better than rolling onto target, and forget messing with the mixture,prop, etc...just focus on a nice stabalized dive onto the target - if you are still trying to line up when you hit the release you will always miss.

Wild.Bill.Kelso
03-02-2006, 07:44 AM
http://www.airwarfare.com/guides/stuvi_guide.htm

blackpulpit1970
03-02-2006, 07:48 AM
What is the stuvi sight all about if you dont mind me asking, im clueless to that. Is there any good stuka missions or campaigns anywere to fly, or single missions that you all know of. thanks

Wild.Bill.Kelso
03-02-2006, 08:15 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by blackpulpit1970:
What is the stuvi sight all about if you dont mind me asking, im clueless to that. Is there any good stuka missions or campaigns anywere to fly, or single missions that you all know of. thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>It's a bombsight kind of like the level bombing sight where you enter your your speed and altitude. There is an X on your HUD that marks where the bomb will hit.

There is also more info in the Readme_v403.rtf file in your install directory.

Don't know any mission/campaigns offhand. I just setup a quick mission in the FMB to practice it a little. I'm not very good yet and am now trying to level bomb with the B25's bombsight.