PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft: please stop the silliness in Emotes

OoKaMi_79
12-14-2018, 07:37 PM
After seeing the new Emotes on Dec 13 I can see that Ubisoft is tending to goofy and silly......the Emotes are just so dumb

I know that we have already some Emotes that could be labeled as goofy but the new ones are way too worse

The main idea of For Honor of putting together 3 awesome cultures and warriors was so inspiring and something that a lot of people was waiting for.....it was like a dream come true....and at that time we felt respect for the whole project. And now you are adding this silly, goofy and dumb attitude to the warriors?

Please, with all respect: Stop

Vendelkin
12-14-2018, 10:03 PM
I actually like the new emotes and the goofiness. Effectz already remove realism so if you are going for seriousness they shouldnt exist either. Fact is the game should be fun. It may not have the cartoonish animation of overwatch,

If you dont like the emotes dont buy them. But there is no reason to stop others from expressing themself in game how they want to. Whether ridiculousness or serious they are there to personalize each individuals character and playstyle.

Tundra 793
12-14-2018, 11:47 PM
While I agree with Ookami, this type of content was solidified as part of For Honor's zeitgeist many many moons ago. The Reddit meme culture seeped in too deeply, and this is here to stay.

I don't like it at all, but at least we occasionally still get serious and inspired content, like the "Recognition" emotes released a little while back.

Vendelkin
12-15-2018, 01:14 AM
While I agree with Ookami, this type of content was solidified as part of For Honor's zeitgeist many many moons ago. The Reddit meme culture seeped in too deeply, and this is here to stay.

I don't like it at all, but at least we occasionally still get serious and inspired content, like the "Recognition" emotes released a little while back.

I mean to each their own. In a way I personally agree for how I want to play. The Recognition and respect emotes are my favorite. The respectful executions as well. Nothing vexes me more than a meme boi centurion dropping salt on repeat hahaha.

That being said tho depends on my mood. I main aramusha and other than our ice skating emote we didn't really have anything even kinda funny. I liked the serious recognition most of the time. but after A hard fight I'm excited to now either do the more serious blade twirl or the near ridiculous Omedatai celebration dance depending on my mood. Honestly I think goofy perks help people disconnect from the salt (unless the perks is salt bae @_@) Seriously..... why do we have a salt emote? other than that I'm happy with every emote on most characters and I like that the game has some light heartedness to offset the tensity of combat.

chukblok
12-15-2018, 01:43 AM
I do prefer the more serious emotes but I do also believe one or two goofy ones are needed depending on mood. The new highlander emotes are awesome. No goofiness there for sure.
I do think certain heroes have too many goofy ones. Gladiator for example. The wulin seem all goofy.
It is time for more serious ones across the board for a bit I think

Tundra 793
12-15-2018, 06:07 AM
What bothers me, concerning both of y'alls points, is that there's no middle ground. We either get the Recognition style emotes, or the Salt ones.

Whereas on launch, most if not all the Heroes had serious emotes, and goofy ones, but not "Salt" goofy, just accidentally injuring themselves with their weapons, which makes sense and fits the theme of the game.

I'd wish we could get more fun emotes along that line, rather than wrestling executions and sports emotes. But eh, I *****ed about this last year and it got us nowhere. For Honor just ain't a game I can love anymore.

SangLong524
12-15-2018, 08:06 AM
I dont mind the extremity of emotes as they are right now. Tbh, i prefer that. It is easier to choose. Ubi knows it is hard enough to swindle 5-7k of steels from me. :)

bannex19
12-15-2018, 11:55 AM
This game was first presented as a badass medieval warfare game with dudes pissing themselves and brutal gritty combat.

The mastermind behind the game left and now we're stuck with a flimsy moba that's more interested in monkey bois, modern art, jewels and meme level emotes.

It's only a matter of time before the dances show up (and I don't mean the Tiandi). The gameplay is one of a kind but the development team is a bunch of fortnite wannabes.

If you guys need help coming up with legitimately cool emotes, here are some ideas...

War cry (hero specific)
Weapon sharpen or "maintain" if not a bladed hero
Wait emote
Kiss my *** emote

Variations of the gladiator recognition emote for other heroes because that cheering is pretty fun when watching a teammate duel.

Sheath weapon ( I realize that would require some actual development work)
Draw a line in the sand
"Duel me" while waving others away
No
Yes
Boisterous laugh
Various direct threats like the zerks neck slice for example point at the person and make a stick breaking sign.
Flex
Yawn

I agree with the OP. There is enough stupid **** in this game. Try making something cool again guys!

chukblok
12-15-2018, 04:45 PM
The new HL “hunker down” is amazing. perfect. only issue im finding is the voices seem too quiet? Whatever it is he says is awesome but needs to be louder