PDA

View Full Version : Is brotherhood badly optimized or something?

RzaRecta357
07-13-2011, 10:28 PM
Just curious why I can run The Witcher 2 maxed out but when I max out ACB it runs just a TINY bit sketchy.

Is that just the PC engine or my PC? I'd assume it was the engine since The witcher 2 runs without a hiccup.

RzaRecta357
07-13-2011, 10:28 PM
Just curious why I can run The Witcher 2 maxed out but when I max out ACB it runs just a TINY bit sketchy.

Is that just the PC engine or my PC? I'd assume it was the engine since The witcher 2 runs without a hiccup.

justinpunny
07-14-2011, 12:29 AM

It is obviously the Game Engine, and how the game is optimized and ported over to the PC. Different games behave in a different fashion on the same computer.

But despite all this, Brotherhood runs fine on some PCs, whereas on some Systems it lags. There are gamers who get a very good performance with AC:B, whereas some gamers are unable to play the same game on a decent frame rate.

Cheers. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

RzaRecta357
07-14-2011, 12:42 AM
Yeah I was hoping to hear from some one else with a high end PC that experienced wierd slow down. It's not really slow down as much as a tiny sketchy-ness.

I know Witcher 2 has WAY more graphical detail and what not so I was curious about it.

Hoping revelations runs better than this on PC.

KingDaniel0
07-14-2011, 05:50 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RzaRecta357:
Yeah I was hoping to hear from some one else with a high end PC that experienced wierd slow down. It's not really slow down as much as a tiny sketchy-ness.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What are your exact PC specs ? Which VIDEO CARD are you using, and how much Frame rate/fps do you actually get when you play AC:B on your PC ?

Most of the PC games these days are mostly Console Ports, so we don't always get the best performance out of them. Though this is not always necessary.

----------------------------------------

RzaRecta357
07-15-2011, 05:38 PM
An i7 - 2600 with a GTX 560.

I can play Witcher 2 on ultra on my 50" plasma so I don't see how this could take more resources....Witcher 2 is better graphically in almost everyway.

I'm thinking it's just bad optimized because it seems more like a slight sketchyness when the camera shifts around than a choppy game.

JeremyJOwens
07-16-2011, 09:35 AM
I think I know what you mean, but is it constant for you? For me its very very rare, but I understand what you mean by the sketchyness.

RzaRecta357
07-16-2011, 09:45 AM
Not really constant but it's there quite a bit. It like happens when I shift the camera or something. I guess it's hard to explain.

monkeyuncle8
07-16-2011, 09:29 PM
I have tried both and to me it seems at some points when its not crowded I can get a lot more FPS on brotherhood than the witcher 2, however witcher 2 is more optimized for PC gaming because it is a PC only game however brotherhood is for PC and consoles so it is more optimized for consoles

Gvaz
08-15-2011, 12:02 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RzaRecta357:
An i7 - 2600 with a GTX 560.

I can play Witcher 2 on ultra on my 50" plasma so I don't see how this could take more resources....Witcher 2 is better graphically in almost everyway.

I'm thinking it's just bad optimized because it seems more like a slight sketchyness when the camera shifts around than a choppy game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your tv is probably 720p if you can play it on ultra with that setup. No one can play it on ultra at 1080p or higher (around 60fps or higher), especially not with a measly 560

ace3001
08-15-2011, 02:58 AM

Is that just the PC engine or my PC? I'd assume it was the engine since The witcher 2 runs without a hiccup. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>What framerates do you get? Cause it's kinda weird if that happens. Even a GT 520 can max out ACB at 720p minus AA and still retain at least 30FPS. At the same time, a GT 520 can't even dream of doing that with The Witcher 2.

kalo.yanis
08-15-2011, 04:14 AM
I also get lag in Brotherhood, even though my PC plays games like Mirror's Edge, Portal 2 and even AC2 on full settings almost flawlessly.

Mr_Shade
08-15-2011, 11:50 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kolitha.kuruppu:

Is that just the PC engine or my PC? I'd assume it was the engine since The witcher 2 runs without a hiccup. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>What framerates do you get? Cause it's kinda weird if that happens. Even a GT 520 can max out ACB at 720p minus AA and still retain at least 30FPS. At the same time, a GT 520 can't even dream of doing that with The Witcher 2. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I get that on a GTS250 so a 520 should - however different settings can adversely affect the game fpshttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif