PDA

View Full Version : screenshots question

zodwik
09-07-2007, 12:17 PM
Can someone please tell me how to do the screenshots. I misplaced my instruction booklet and i can't figure out how to do it.
There are some awesome shots here!
Thanks

zodwik
09-07-2007, 12:17 PM
Can someone please tell me how to do the screenshots. I misplaced my instruction booklet and i can't figure out how to do it.
There are some awesome shots here!
Thanks

DKoor
09-07-2007, 01:15 PM
Press Print Screen button (PRT SCR on keyboard) while in game and you'll capture the screen.
Pictures are stored in root IL-2 folder in .TGA format.
You can easily convert them to .JPG with IrfanView for instance.

major_setback
09-09-2007, 01:42 PM
The manual is in the main game folder, under 'programs', then under Ubi Soft.

TgD Thunderbolt56
09-10-2007, 01:21 PM
Download the free version of FRAPS ( http://www.fraps.com ) , Install and use the F10 key ingame. Simple, light and very user friendly..and won't save hem in TGA format like the ingame function.

TB

Wild.Bill.Kelso
09-10-2007, 05:34 PM
Also, each time you start the game and take a screenshot, it replaces the last ones you took. So, copy or convert them to .jpgs after each game if you want to keep them...

MaxMhz
09-10-2007, 05:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wild.Bill.Kelso:
Also, each time you start the game and take a screenshot, it replaces the last ones you took. So, copy or convert them to .jpgs after each game if you want to keep them... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Quite right and <span class="ev_code_YELLOW">important</span>

A way around this is to take your screenshots with Irfanview/FRAPS or some other utility. There are lots of free ones around. Most of them can save directly to JPG format which saves you from needingto convert them to BMP/JPG/PNG so they show on the web.

I have an ATI card and use the (free) ATI Tray Tools by Ray Adams. Free download at www.guru3d.com (http://www.guru3d.com)