PDA

View Full Version : Beating a dead horse here but the bots my dude......

SlaaneshsScion
12-13-2018, 05:24 PM
I dont know amything about programming or software development or anything remotely related to video game mechanics, ill say that right up front.

But surely theres a way to design these bots in such a way that they are not broken and useless. Some examples to start with include these instances ive experienced first hand.

1) bot replacing player and then not moving for an entire section of breach (progression of ram from first gate to second gate and knocking it down)

2) repeatedly, in a single game, watched a bot advance on an enemy player and then freeze or run away altogether when that player is reviving a teammate.

3) in a group fight bots consistently wait on the side lines doing nothing until actually engaged by another enemy.

4) i **** you not -literally- watched a bot jump from the zippine too early and just commit suicide.

Ive seen these things happen with bots on my team and the enemy team across multiple matches and it hurts my brain. Whats the issue thats preventing the bots, whether theyre level 1 or 3, from behaving like it should?

Red_R0nin
12-13-2018, 05:38 PM
Glad wasn't just my imagination. I noticed the same, bot act like stupid in breach sometime.

generallllyepic
12-13-2018, 06:35 PM
If you think the bots are crap here, you should see terrorist hunt in R6 siege. In both games, their coding is just poor for a AAA game.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
12-13-2018, 10:27 PM
All they really have to do is just make replacement bot level 3 conquerers or aramushas and have them constantly attack enemies. Their main job would be to delay the event until players come in to take their place. Let the player capture the objectives and the advanced bots handle the death ball formation.

Ubiflowessence
12-13-2018, 10:53 PM
Hey guys,

We recently release our v2.03.0 patch notes, which will include Reduced the success rate of Defensive moves like Block or Parry for Rank 3 bots!

Let us know what you think about the new changes to the level 3 bots and check out the full patch notes here:
https://ubi.li/x3tp3

Inzzane_79
12-14-2018, 12:06 PM
Hey guys,

We recently release our v2.03.0 patch notes, which will include Reduced the success rate of Defensive moves like Block or Parry for Rank 3 bots!

Let us know what you think about the new changes to the level 3 bots and check out the full patch notes here:
https://ubi.li/x3tp3

yeah......that change has nothing to do with this Topic. This Topic is about how stupid the AI is, not how OP they are/were with parries and blocks at Level 3. Do you guys even read what we are posting? Donīt want to sound rude but that post is just non informative to the discussion we want to have here.

@Topic: Some bots seem to be more dumb than others. Aramushas or conquerers are quite good, a lawbringer bot on the other Hand, never seen one that was ok

EvoX.
12-14-2018, 04:01 PM
The already mediocre AI was utterly shattered when Marching Fire launched. I'm certain what you described never happened pre-MF, with the exception of #4, but that was more so when I was standing under them and baited their early drop. Now, along with all those points you wrote, they also completely ignore players in Dominion and simply try to run to a point, allowing you to kill them without any resistance. In other words, they never engage unless they're in a zone. Not that I particularly care, I only play that mode to finish orders, but I can imagine how useless such a teammate would be for regular 4v4 players.

As a side note: don't bother with the mods. Even if they do read what you've written it's not like they can understand it, plus they have to fill a quota, so you get those uselessly corporate replies.