PDA

View Full Version : Will they bring back animations?

Poetic03
12-12-2018, 10:31 PM
In FC5 they really dumbed down everything you do, there use to be an animation for almost all your actions. Will they bring that back, also see they brought back knife kills, but the big question is will they bring back vehicle takedowns and melee drag?

HorTyS
12-13-2018, 02:38 AM
I was glad to see knife takedowns again, but am not holding my breath on vehicle, grenade or drag takedowns being brought back let alone any actual new takedown types... Would love if they did any of those things though!

The_Father_Xmas
12-13-2018, 05:48 AM
I'd just like to see more healing animations brought back. FC5 was definitely a step-down from 4 in that respect.

Miebiee
12-13-2018, 04:47 PM
Oh... I liked the animations of FC5 and I was not aware that FC4 had even better ones or more of them. I only played FC5.
But yeah, if FC4 had even better ones or more of them ... I just claim liking them, even without knowing them :)

GameGuru2018
12-13-2018, 05:20 PM
I'd just like to see more healing animations brought back. If they decide to bring back healing animations....it should be "leveling". When we are walking through the intense fighting scene, in the games, what is important for us for not to die? Time, speed of our actions, every second is important. Bullets don't wait. One,two, three......pouring like rain. The faster you heal yourself the more chances you have to survive. And so with every action and movement. Speed of healing should be upgradable. From slow to fast. In the beginning we are unexperienced, awkward in this new world. Weapons' loading, running, healing.... are slow. But step by step we get used to this world - our experience grows. We are more sophisticated. We are faster. Is it realistic? Yes. The more we do something the more effectively we do it. The less energy we waste to achive the result, the faster we are. So if you are lazy to upgrade healing - heal yourself "half an hour"! I don't think you will like it during intense shooting. Agility always matter.

Lionbeard40
12-16-2018, 12:21 AM
Glad to see knife takedowns in this game!

HorTyS
12-17-2018, 02:05 AM
Glad to see knife takedowns in this game!

As am I, I just hope there are multiple knives to choose from as well, since we had a multitude of melee weapons, I'd like to see a similar variety for our knives.

Canadian Beer42
12-18-2018, 06:10 PM
I seriously miss the old animations from the previous Far crys. I love the new brutal knife takedowns, and Id love it even more to see new takedowns and old takedowns that they took out from previous games.

HorTyS
12-19-2018, 10:42 AM
The more new animations they have and the fewer they re-use from previous iterations the better imo. I think that if the protagonist is someone new, they shouldn't re-use any animations as 2 different people would perform even the same actions slightly differently. I want to see new reload animations, new takedown animations, new everything. I was really annoyed that FC4 recycled so many animations, so I just want more new ones, as many as possible.

Canadian Beer42
01-02-2019, 07:48 PM
but the big question is will they bring back vehicle takedowns and melee drag?

I think given the new setting of FCND, vehicle takedowns are sort of essential. Cmon Mad Max style post apocalyptic wasteland? Ubisoft could take advantage of this or really miss the point of these FC spin offs like they have been. As for melee drag, Im not too sure why they took that out in the first place. I agree it should be reintegrated into the FC games.

HorTyS
01-02-2019, 09:38 PM
I think given the new setting of FCND, vehicle takedowns are sort of essential. C’mon Mad Max style post apocalyptic wasteland? Ubisoft could take advantage of this or really miss the point of these FC spin offs like they have been. As for melee drag, I’m not too sure why they took that out in the first place. I agree it should be reintegrated into the FC games.

I'm not sure why they took out any of the takedowns to begin with. Drag, grenade takedowns and vehicle takedowns were all great and removing them had no benefit or purpose other than shaving that much work off the development schedule. I thought it was funny they tried to explain taking out vehicle takedowns as a way of focusing on the ability to shoot while driving when FC4 was the game that introduced both of those elements to the series. You don't need to take one away to make the other seem better than it is. I love takedowns and I think they should only improve upon, expand and further develop them to be an even more prominent element of gameplay...

CravenExtrez
01-03-2019, 04:20 PM
I just hope for knife throw takedown and healing animations. If not for this, for the future title where it goes back to "The Island" I hope.

HorTyS
01-03-2019, 09:26 PM
I just hope for knife throw takedown and healing animations. If not for this, for the future title where it goes back to "The Island" I hope.

Now that knife based takedowns are back, I assume we'll have knife throw takedowns again (though assumptions that something would be in the game has led to disappointment before, so, fingers crossed). Those were sort of only half changed in FC5 as we still had melee throw takedowns which were essentially the same, at least from a functionality standpoint. I also wouldn't mind returning to a jungle based environment again.

Gr4nt8r0dy
01-05-2019, 03:43 AM
i hope also that we can have a number of nife weapon to choose from i always like to use that japan tanto blade in far cry 3 i hope in far cry new dawn we can change what the nife we have look like

KmarkoPL
01-07-2019, 11:38 PM
This is just spinoff Far Cry 5, same as Blood Dragon to Far Cry 3
It is unlikely they will add anything new (animations) in to this game, that was not in Far Cry 5
This game is the same Far Cry 5, only with new assets and missions.

HorTyS
01-08-2019, 11:53 AM
It is unlikely they will add anything new (animations) in to this game, that was not in Far Cry 5

We've already seen that they've brought the knife back for takedowns, complete with all new animations, and blood dragon had animations unique to it that weren't in FC3 as well, wrong on 2 accounts partner.

Wild-Recon
01-12-2019, 08:39 PM

They added animations for knife takedown and ability for dog to ride in car with player (in FC5 dog was running near car). So even in first trailer of New Dawn there is a few new animations - there can be much more in game.