PDA

View Full Version : Friday's Question

Gbucket
11-26-2004, 03:13 AM
HeibgesU999: If the crew receives medals, will they appear on the models?

DevTeam: Yes. Medals, decorations and ranks will appear on the 3D models.

Gbucket
11-26-2004, 03:13 AM
HeibgesU999: If the crew receives medals, will they appear on the models?

DevTeam: Yes. Medals, decorations and ranks will appear on the 3D models.

hauitsme
11-26-2004, 04:24 AM
Yep, have already seen them in the screenshots. In fact, I asked whether or not they actually wore them while on patrol and on duty.

RedTerex
11-26-2004, 07:14 AM
Great stuff Ubi-Razz. Dev team, thats a nice touch !

Well observed Hauitsme!

TASKFORCE1x1
11-26-2004, 07:45 AM
Medals are a nice touch. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/Taskforce1x1/4_17_5.gif

Mix-Martes86
11-26-2004, 10:39 AM
... and ranks. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Voyager532
11-26-2004, 12:47 PM
I have served a while in the Bundesmarine, which is the german Navy. Medals were only allowed at the "erste Geige" - "first Violin" which was the Gala Uniform.
We have not been allowed to wear our decorations on the normal uniforms (yes, I have at least one of them http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/mockface.gif ) for several reasons.
Most of all, if you are wearing the medals the chance is high, that they are going broken.

Why do I tell so much about that?

Easy, if you see decorations on a normal uniform during a Feinfahrt, it would be unrealistic.
Military Rank of course is OK, but Medals are not. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

negus1
11-26-2004, 01:49 PM
voyager is right. and more over the crew men did not were real uniforms on board.

SailorSteve
11-26-2004, 03:44 PM
I was in the U.S. Navy, and no, we didn't wear medals on our working clothes either. Why would you? That said, where else would you get to look at your crew's medals? Maybe under their picture on the "crew assignments" screen. Maybe a group picture after each patrol.

All things considered, I think having the medals on the 3D models is a good thing. Maybe not accurate, but at least these guys care.

one.zero
11-29-2004, 12:44 AM
Since Ive been hearing so much about precious processing power and how it keeps us from having badly needed game functions, I vote to remove the medals from every scence except the return home photo or screen as mentioned in the earlier post.

Scratch the medals from the game and pass the programming space and power to say..lifeboats, milk cows...whatever.

bertgang
11-29-2004, 02:26 AM
No medals on working clothes for italian navy and army too; but ribbons on the dress are often used to show that you got them.

HeibgesU999
11-29-2004, 09:17 AM
I suppose it would be highly dangerous to have any type of "jewelry" hanging on your uniform or around your person. I saw a guy get his finger ripped off because he was wearing a ring, and it got hooked on a piece of steel cable.

Imagine a uboat captain strangled by getting his knights cross tangled up in the periscope.

Does anyone who used to be in the US Army remember the film from Basic Training about the guy who got his whole platoon killed because he didn't rotate wearing his boots?

It would be interesting to see what the WWII German regulations were for uniforms and awards. I saw a Bundeswehn general on a tank range a few (well maybe more than a few) years ago and he had a full beard and mustache.

If just to reassure his men, I would think a kalue might wear his KC.

Yarrick_
11-29-2004, 11:22 AM
I would like to see medals in my crew, at least it will make me feel proud, as a reward for the high effort playing the game at full realism, at least...

And I don't care about if it is realistic or because it is a minor detail. I like to get rewards for playing better (NOT ONLY FOR SUNKING MORE TONNAGE) but for playing better.

hauitsme
11-29-2004, 11:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>HeibgesU999:
If just to reassure his men, I would think a kalue might wear his KC. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>If I were the crew, it would make me come to dispise him for showing off. I wouldn't need to be reminded day in and day out. It has absolutely no place to be on his 'working' uniform while on board. Of course I know he has it, and I would be proud to have him as my crewmate, but don't rub it in my face.