PDA

View Full Version : New Dawn Not Appealing

rickidoo
12-11-2018, 03:12 PM
Dear Friends - I am a big fan of the FC series. Well,except primal.

I am old enough to have been raised in an era when we practiced nuclear drills in school. We'd line up against the wall, or when younger, under our desk we'd individually huddle.

I know the devs must have thought "how can we create a new game reusing a lot of the work done in the old"... that *had* to have been a driver behind new dawn.

But the whole concept of nuclear war just turns my stomach. Yeah its a game I know. And so is reading a fictional book just a book. That however doesn't change how it makes me feel about it.

And this whole "17 years later" crap is just crap... maybe 1700 years later is more realistic.

When they came out with primal I thought well I'll just wait until the next FC.

Same thought with New Dawn.

Just my 2 cents.

Ubi-CJ
12-11-2018, 04:55 PM
Hi there,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us.
I'm sorry to hear that you're unhappy with the new setting, and if that is your perspective, then fair enough.

I do hope we'll still see you in and around the community, be it for New Dawn or previous games.

All the best,
CJ

The_Father_Xmas
12-11-2018, 05:38 PM
And this whole "17 years later" crap is just crap... maybe 1700 years later is more realistic.
Actually it would likely be mostly safe after much less than 17 years.

1700 years is a ridiculous over-estimate because by then civilized societies would have formed, whereas 'New Dawn'. is set in the immediate lawless aftermath and ensuing chaos.

GameGuru2018
12-11-2018, 06:32 PM
I think developers knew about 30 years of recovery after nuclear strikes. But they decided not to wait 30 years. Why? Because after that time Joseph Seed, Hurk.......they will be too old! Time has beem reduced. Let it be so. I'm not against.

GameGuru2018
12-11-2018, 06:49 PM
My parent also trained how to behave during nuclear strikes. From another side. They knew what to do and where to run. There were big bunkers all around, for everybody, with fresh water, food.....for a long time. Everyone knew his place. Society was very mobilized and ready. Military and police knew exactly what to do in postapocalypse period.

GameGuru2018
12-11-2018, 07:33 PM
And when I saw first time, the title, New Dawn......it reminded me of Communist posters. New Dawn. They were building new society. Society, where there will be no oppressed and exploited. Society where there will be no borders, will be no poor and rich. All people will be like brothers. Society that never existed before. Not before christ, not after. New world. They were building it for ages. They were idealists. They fought not for their skin and profit but for a better future of all humanity. They believed passionately in what they were doing. And,unfortunately, they have made many mistakes. Soviet Union would never strike the first nuclear strike! Its mission to the world was - new society but not to kill the world. Soviet Union was one of the greatest experiment of all times. So much efforts, so much blood was shed......But it wasn't in vain. This is a big lesson for future generations! https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-sYw6ded0M_E/XA_1eOg-UCI/AAAAAAAADfw/qAsQ7owwkTguQ7S1Gas8M10FyPao-py_wCL0BGAs/w795-d-h951-n-rw/revolutionary_poster_by_party9999999-d4gyib7.png

HorTyS
12-11-2018, 07:59 PM
New Dawn looks to me like it could be an enjoyable enough time for what it is, my hope is simply that the series does not continue on into future iterations with this whole post-apocalypse premise. I personally would prefer Far Cry 6 return to the modern day, Joe-Schmoe in the wrong place at the wrong time, caught in a bad situation type of set up as the last few games but without the basis that nuclear war decimated the world. Maybe they could maintain that it is within the same universe, but just that only America was attacked and the games could once again be set in other countries and have little to nothing to do directly with the events of 5. One of the things I actually quite enjoyed about 3/4/5 was that they shared a universe but were not directly related on the narrative front, I would like it if they go back to that.

mr_wilson1954
12-12-2018, 08:51 PM
My copy of "New Dawn" pre-order has already been placed, but then I like Fallout 3 & 4, apocalyptic scenarios and undergoing the same "drills" in school as a youngster - they have never induced me to feel as the OP does in old age.......

Ubi-Zubi
12-12-2018, 09:55 PM
Hey everyone! I am moving this discussion over the New Dawn forums for visibility. Please continue to share your feedback as it's truly important to the development process.

The_Father_Xmas
12-13-2018, 06:24 AM
Maybe they could maintain that it is within the same universe, but just that only America was attacked and the games could once again be set in other countries and have little to nothing to do directly with the events of 5. One of the things I actually quite enjoyed about 3/4/5 was that they shared a universe but were not directly related on the narrative front, I would like it if they go back to that.

Well considering ND is a spin-off sequel and not a major entry then I'm pretty sure you're safe. My guess is FC6 will be, as you suggested, set in another country and have minimal (and only strictly necessary) references to the Montana nuking.

Especially since the only other eventuality is to have all future FC games as post-apocalyptic. Which seems highly unlikely.

HorTyS
12-13-2018, 10:15 AM
Well considering ND is a spin-off sequel and not a major entry then I'm pretty sure you're safe. My guess is FC6 will be, as you suggested, set in another country and have minimal (and only strictly necessary) references to the Montana nuking.

Especially since the only other eventuality is to have all future FC games as post-apocalyptic. Which seems highly unlikely.

Well, it should be noted that Montana is not the only place that got nuked. America was nuked all over (and in New Dawn we will visit multiple affected areas on the expeditions) and there is no reason to believe other countries weren't also attacked. I am just hoping that these nukes & bombings and all this nuclear war narrative don't overtake the series. The potential that they stay on this narrative strand was to me the most disappointing part about the ending of FC5.

Miebiee
12-13-2018, 04:40 PM
Far Cry is a series where the setting changes from title to title.

But for me "New Dawn" sounds so promising and the post-apocalyptic setting comes up with tons of possibilities, that I hope Ubisoft will come up with follow-up-titles or expansions for this setting.

Yeah, some say, i'd like it 170 years or 1700 years after FC5, rather than 17 years ... but for me 17 years is absolutely okay!.
17 years is a time where things change a lot, buildings start to get ruined or covered in plants. And it is still a time where you can find and use stuff from the old world, like vehicles, cars, pistols and clothes. Definitely cool for me!

And I hope to see Bliss-Zombies also. Yamyam, brain eating Bliss-Zombies.

RobertEmerald
12-17-2018, 08:54 PM
No thank you! I'll wait until Ubisoft gets a new team of competent developers, before purchasing anymore of their games.

framperton
12-30-2018, 04:37 PM
Hey everyone! I am moving this discussion over the New Dawn forums for visibility. Please continue to share your feedback as it's truly important to the development process.

Sorry, but I can't see this as anything other than blatant ********. These forums aren't nearly as populated or active enough to advocate for any sort of meaningful change to the future of FC's development. Just look at what's happened to FC5's arcade and MP.

How are alternate gamemodes for ND coming by the way? Maybe a snap to grid function for arcade that doesn't suck ***? Respawnable vehicles for MP? Yeah, I'm not expecting any of that.

HorTyS
12-31-2018, 04:29 AM
Sorry, but I can't see this as anything other than blatant ********. These forums aren't nearly as populated or active enough to advocate for any sort of meaningful change to the future of FC's development. Just look at what's happened to FC5's arcade and MP.

How are alternate gamemodes for ND coming by the way? Maybe a snap to grid function for arcade that doesn't suck ***? Respawnable vehicles for MP? Yeah, I'm not expecting any of that.

Well considering Arcade & MP are not even in ND, no one should be expecting that...

CravenExtrez
01-03-2019, 04:21 PM
Well considering Arcade & MP are not even in ND, no one should be expecting that...

Most people just doesn't see the commentary trailer where they explain that.