PDA

View Full Version : Diamond Rank Duel Tier List

ChocoPanda12
12-10-2018, 11:27 PM
Diamond Rank Duel Tier List:

Hello. I am a diamond tier, rep 146 player. I am quite aware of the current meta and of those who are in needs of buffs/reworks. The following is a tier list based off of my experiences in ranked duel. The higher the tier, the stronger the hero. Lower tiers are obviously weaker. Feel free to comment opinions.

S-Tier (God Tier):

- Shaolin (Strong kit with a large variety of tools. Qi stance provides tools that can be fainted into others. Such tools include a quick unblockable and a quick, reliable opener. Quite good at interrupting an opponent's attacks. Good damage with triple lights).
- Conqueror (Quick, reliable opener. Full block is a very strong punish but makes conqueror vulnerable to guard break. Zone is very safe and good for poke damage. Occasional charged heavies can surprise opponents).
- Tiandi (Strong kit with a variety of tools. Very mixup intensive. A dash side lights and heavies can quickly change into other moves. Quick, reliable opener. Zone has good range and can surprise opponents).
- Berserker (Reckless infinite chain with unblockables and feints. Hyper armor forces the opponent to attempt parries or they will be forced to take damage until berserker runs out of stamina. Guard breaks seem to flow smoothly during chains).
- Kensei (Strong mix ups with top heavy and a good opener that leads into a quite variable chain. Side dash heavies, while definitely punishable, can still be over-powered and well worth using as a counter during mixups. Zone has a long range and offers decent damage poke).

A-Tier:

- Shaman (Feinted leap attacks can pressurize opponents to dodge and get punished. Bleed and quick attacks can heal shaman and force opponents to play defensively. Strong, quick dodge attack. Various ways to inflict bleed).
- Highlander (Offensive and defensive stance offers strong tools. Caber toss is the opener with the best reward compared to all other heroes' openers. Strong damage and not easily interrupted).
- Jiang Jun (Very strong damage, even with lights. Can be easily interrupted, but being at a somewhat distant range gives JJ a strong advantage. Sifu's pose is a strong dodge and regenerates stamina. Zone is quick and strong. Unblockables are quick and strong and can be smoothly fainted with sifu's pose. Dash forward heavy is predictable).
- Nuxia (Quick lights, traps are occasionally strong but never truly over-powering, zone is given somewhat of an extra range, follow-ups after misses are quite strong).
- Valkyrie (Quick lights, bash is a strong, safe opener and counter. Good range offers an advantage against others with quick 400 ms lights). Damage after sweep is quite strong).

B-Tier:

- Shinobi (Quick lights are good at interrupting opponents, dodge openers are rather slow and require trades, ranged heavies are mostly useless, zone is punishable and only good to finish off opponents, light attack damage is above average, weak reflex guard, good retreat).
- Orochi (Quick lights are definitely strong but Orochi has no offense if the opponent can block 400 ms lights effectively, storm rush is very easy to interrupt, counters are okay but not OP and rather predictable)
- Warden (Shoulder bash is not as strong and safe as it seems but is still a good tool. Zone and dash forward heavy is strong, quick damage. Initiating chains is not as easier as it seems and there is a strong dependence on poke and defense).
- Gladiator (Strong zone, good poke, weak reflex guard, decent damage overall)
- Warlord (Good opener, strong zone, block counters are all counter able but there is a variety of these in his kit, good trader, damage is rather weak overall)
- Aramusha (Infinite chain is feints are predictable but offer strong damage, blade blockade is strong and the quickest of all full-block moves in the game, zone is decent)

C-Tier:

- Centurion (Strong OOS pressure on opponents, rather predictable, unreliable, slow opener, decent damage overall)
- Lawbringer (Strong damage, sprint attack is rather strong, offense is quite difficult to initiate, no openers)
- Raider (Strong OOS pressure on opponents, no openers, offense is quite difficult to initiate, strong damage and stun is somewhat useful)

D-Tier:

- Nobushi (Hidden stance is an okay defensive tool but makes Nobushi very predictable. Practically no way to start an offense. Strong damage, slow attacks).
- Shuogki (Strong damage and hard to interrupt, drains opponents' stamina but also uses a lot at the same time, demon's embrace is strong but hard to land, struggles to start an offense)

F-Tier:

-Peacekeeper (Weak damage, dependent on guard break to have decent pressure, literally a very weaker version of shaman's kit, very weak heavies)

Here is a conclusion based on the factions with the greatest average of strength with regards to their heroes:
- The Wulin is the strongest faction
- The Vikings is the second
- The Samurai are the third
- The Knights come in last (but are very close to the samurais' strength due to conqueror in God tier)

EvoX.
12-11-2018, 04:04 AM
- Centurion (Strong OOS pressure on opponents)

Uhh... such as?

Siegfried-Z
12-11-2018, 07:49 AM
I am ranked same as you. With as much reps.
But on my experience, i would rank Kensei B tier not S.
JJ S tier not A.
Warden and glad at least A and maybe S for Warden not B .

matt89connor
12-11-2018, 09:06 AM
is strange....hhmmmm...aramusha A? ok so i have to git gud with him them, cuz on ranked i get ****ed by most of the zerks ans shaolinXD

Herbstlicht
12-11-2018, 10:41 AM
Playing diamond too, but console. Anyway, my ranking would be rather different.

S-Tier:
Conquerer
Berserker

A-Tier:
Warden
Valkyrie
Shaman
Kensei
Shaolin
Tiandi
Highlander
Jianjun
With out of lock:
Shinobi
Warlord

B-Tier
Orochi
Gladiator
Centurion
Nuxia
Aramusha

C-Tier:
Peacekeeper

F-Tier
Raider
Nobushi
Lawbringer
Shugoki

Why stuff here is different? Well, opinions are personal after all. I still deem Peacekeeper playable in a duel enviroment if you outmatch your opponent slightly. Though her dps is low, she at least has ways to get in some damage rather consistently. And that's what the F-Tier misses: safe options for damage. Raider tap is parried easily on high level. Nobushis everything is parried easily on high level play. Same for Lawbringer and Shugoki.
Now to the higher ups.
Orochi might be stronger then a centurion. But a Centurion that parries Orochis chain starting lights will send him to hell and back. So .. thats the thing. Orochi has no opener besides his lights. Cent does in theory have more options but they are all rather unsafe especially against everyone with dodge attacks. Though Orochis is a light that can be parried and punished hard .. so yea, in this tier there are usable heroes that can be countered rather hard. And though Gladi is somewhat different, he pretty much has only one trick up his sleeve. And though he might be stronger then Orochi and Cent, I personally feel his zone does not carry him into A-Tier alone. So .. no, Glad could need a little love.
Now to Aramusha. B Tier might be high for him. But so is his damage - very high. On console, where you of course will get your light parries as well, you will fail some. And dealing with his infinite chain feints at 400ms is not that easy. Risking to miss a parry on a single heavy side finisher is ultra risky. Eating it on block still does decent damage. Getting countered yourself by his fullguard too is likely and is going to net him a few points of damage when utilized right. So .. he doesn't really have a good viable moveset. But he can still win due to his strongly tuned numbers.

A side note to Warlord and Shinobi: People that can do out of lock play are cancerous and its weird and difficult to play against them. People who can't can still be rather strong with Shinobi, (high B-Tier), but rarey so with Warlord (C-Tier).
However, the great amount in A-Tier - in my opinion -speaks for a rather balanced and playable roster there. We have variety, some matchups that favor some heroes more then others, but overall, I think, its all right there. Just a few notes. People consider JJ weak in duels, I still don't. Reason is his weird animations, at times weird tracking, his 400ms dodge light whose indicator appears so late - or where the other indicator vanishes too late - so that its incredible hard to react to as well as his damage numbers. So of course, initiating is difficult for him due to limited options. But he has a few options and some of them are still viable on console. Besides, one should never underestimate hyperarmor heavys and his zone after sifu. Because sifu dodging into zone actually can be used to counter a lot of stuff too. Last we have a large health pool, an advantage that speaks for itsself. So saying he is not viable is laughable - in my humble opinion :3
Then, a few words to Valk. I think she is really strong right now. Not unbeatable. But she has a working offense and an incredible defense against such a large variety of moves. I still consider her solid A-Tier though because her damage numbers are not overtuned. Warden is in A-Tier only because he got a few matchups that are relatively hard for him, thanks to the Wulin heroes. Not unfair. But he can't do mindless sb-spam against those with the same low risk as he could do against some of the old cast.

But now talk a little S-Tier. I think its rather easy those days. Conquerer still rules them all. He is just this kind of beast. Berserker too is incredible strong because he can just power through almost everything with hyperarmor and still trade favorably against a lot of opponents. Why no Shaolin? Ah, too low damage, chains end fast, Qi-stance only offers a safe light attack everything else is counterable. Not saying he is weak, he isnt. But he is not as OP as some people make him out to be. No Tiandi? Well, his dodge is getting fixed, but i still don't think thats gonna make him S-Tier. He is decent, his damage is ok, but .. like really? He has a 600ms punch from neutral and 500ms lights from neutral. Both can be dealt with, even on console. He is safe, I would give you that, but he is still a good chunk away from conquerer level. Besides, his chains are ended with the second weapon attack like monk. On a final note, his dodge light is easy to parry And he cant feint it. Of course, is you go into your zone into kick into dodge light the dodging opponent is very likely to get hit. But that opponent might just have taken the kick anyway if his positioning was good because the kick often guarantees nothing. But even on hit .. this attack hardly does any damage.

That was a long write up, but I do enjoy my solo experience and I think balance is gradually improving.
The real problems right now are in the team modes anyway. We are playing JJ-Meta on console. Its way better then Cent or Shaman meta because fighting him is more fun. But when we got Conq in "god tier" in solo, we got JJ in god of god tiers in dominion and breach. His feats, his damage and his range often make him decided whole games. And I am very, very sure, that data will pretty much show exactly this. And if I remember correctly. Ubi even told us that JJ is performing waay above expectations.

matt89connor
12-11-2018, 10:54 AM
Playing diamond too, but console. Anyway, my ranking would be rather different.

S-Tier:
Conquerer
Berserker

A-Tier:
Warden
Valkyrie
Shaman
Kensei
Shaolin
Tiandi
Highlander
Jianjun
With out of lock:
Shinobi
Warlord

B-Tier
Orochi
Gladiator
Centurion
Nuxia
Aramusha

C-Tier:
Peacekeeper

F-Tier
Raider
Nobushi
Lawbringer
Shugoki

Why stuff here is different? Well, opinions are personal after all. I still deem Peacekeeper playable in a duel enviroment if you outmatch your opponent slightly. Though her dps is low, she at least has ways to get in some damage rather consistently. And that's what the F-Tier misses: safe options for damage. Raider tap is parried easily on high level. Nobushis everything is parried easily on high level play. Same for Lawbringer and Shugoki.
Now to the higher ups.
Orochi might be stronger then a centurion. But a Centurion that parries Orochis chain starting lights will send him to hell and back. So .. thats the thing. Orochi has no opener besides his lights. Cent does in theory have more options but they are all rather unsafe especially against everyone with dodge attacks. Though Orochis is a light that can be parried and punished hard .. so yea, in this tier there are usable heroes that can be countered rather hard. And though Gladi is somewhat different, he pretty much has only one trick up his sleeve. And though he might be stronger then Orochi and Cent, I personally feel his zone does not carry him into A-Tier alone. So .. no, Glad could need a little love.
Now to Aramusha. B Tier might be high for him. But so is his damage - very high. On console, where you of course will get your light parries as well, you will fail some. And dealing with his infinite chain feints at 400ms is not that easy. Risking to miss a parry on a single heavy side finisher is ultra risky. Eating it on block still does decent damage. Getting countered yourself by his fullguard too is likely and is going to net him a few points of damage when utilized right. So .. he doesn't really have a good viable moveset. But he can still win due to his strongly tuned numbers.

A side note to Warlord and Shinobi: People that can do out of lock play are cancerous and its weird and difficult to play against them. People who can't can still be rather strong with Shinobi, (high B-Tier), but rarey so with Warlord (C-Tier).
However, the great amount in A-Tier - in my opinion -speaks for a rather balanced and playable roster there. We have variety, some matchups that favor some heroes more then others, but overall, I think, its all right there. Just a few notes. People consider JJ weak in duels, I still don't. Reason is his weird animations, at times weird tracking, his 400ms dodge light whose indicator appears so late - or where the other indicator vanishes too late - so that its incredible hard to react to as well as his damage numbers. So of course, initiating is difficult for him due to limited options. But he has a few options and some of them are still viable on console. Besides, one should never underestimate hyperarmor heavys and his zone after sifu. Because sifu dodging into zone actually can be used to counter a lot of stuff too. Last we have a large health pool, an advantage that speaks for itsself. So saying he is not viable is laughable - in my humble opinion :3
Then, a few words to Valk. I think she is really strong right now. Not unbeatable. But she has a working offense and an incredible defense against such a large variety of moves. I still consider her solid A-Tier though because her damage numbers are not overtuned. Warden is in A-Tier only because he got a few matchups that are relatively hard for him, thanks to the Wulin heroes. Not unfair. But he can't do mindless sb-spam against those with the same low risk as he could do against some of the old cast.

But now talk a little S-Tier. I think its rather easy those days. Conquerer still rules them all. He is just this kind of beast. Berserker too is incredible strong because he can just power through almost everything with hyperarmor and still trade favorably against a lot of opponents. Why no Shaolin? Ah, too low damage, chains end fast, Qi-stance only offers a safe light attack everything else is counterable. Not saying he is weak, he isnt. But he is not as OP as some people make him out to be. No Tiandi? Well, his dodge is getting fixed, but i still don't think thats gonna make him S-Tier. He is decent, his damage is ok, but .. like really? He has a 600ms punch from neutral and 500ms lights from neutral. Both can be dealt with, even on console. He is safe, I would give you that, but he is still a good chunk away from conquerer level. Besides, his chains are ended with the second weapon attack like monk. On a final note, his dodge light is easy to parry And he cant feint it. Of course, is you go into your zone into kick into dodge light the dodging opponent is very likely to get hit. But that opponent might just have taken the kick anyway if his positioning was good because the kick often guarantees nothing. But even on hit .. this attack hardly does any damage.

That was a long write up, but I do enjoy my solo experience and I think balance is gradually improving.
The real problems right now are in the team modes anyway. We are playing JJ-Meta on console. Its way better then Cent or Shaman meta because fighting him is more fun. But when we got Conq in "god tier" in solo, we got JJ in god of god tiers in dominion and breach. His feats, his damage and his range often make him decided whole games. And I am very, very sure, that data will pretty much show exactly this. And if I remember correctly. Ubi even told us that JJ is performing waay above expectations.

is soo strong aramusha on console?

Herbstlicht
12-11-2018, 11:56 AM
Yes and no. He can be handled. But we speak of diamond. Thus players here still make mistakes. And Aramusha is good on the dps side of things. Besides, he is not a-tier. a-tier is what i consider heroes should be. And his moveset is too limited. If we made a ltierlist of fun characters, aramusha would share f-tier with nobushi, shugoki, warlord and lawbro. For me this means I am highly concerned with the state of aramusha. They increased his numbers and thus his effectiveness. But not his fun factor. This comes only with his style, but not with gameplay. But answay, he is at least slightly better then Nobushi.

Knight_Raime
12-11-2018, 01:32 PM
More or less an accurate bead on the biggest portion of the console player base at this point in time. I disagree with a few things myself. But that's because this tier list is based off of player experience rather than match ups between heros. Thus what I struggle with/can deal with likely differs from you.

Speedgamer2002
12-11-2018, 05:13 PM
Also diamond (console) less reps but even though i've never played aramusha I feel like his mixups are too telegraphed and he feels weak on defence against anyone with a bash even cent whom I main ( hsi kick is like giving away free gbs), so I thinks he's B tier.

ChocoPanda12
12-11-2018, 11:29 PM
Based on similar comments and my own opinion, I decided to change aramusha from A-tier to B-tier.

nf_Straydog
12-12-2018, 12:00 AM
Spotted the Warden player

The_Sun_Danc3
12-12-2018, 01:53 AM
I definitely donít think peacekeeper is C tier lmao 😂 but I donít think she is F tier either. I think sheís d-tier just pretty much dead even for the lowest in D tier with Nobushi. Other than that the only thing I would change is beserker to God tier from A tier. Nobody outmatches him, they are either equal or worse.
Oh yeah and I would switch JJ to B tier (definitely not S tier, lowest A tier at best) because although he does have high damage and fast attacks, his attacks are extremely predictable especially after the first round. He is very easily parried at higher levels of play. I would say S tier in 4v4 for his range, quickness and especially damage, but 1v1 he just feels like a dodgy weaker version of highlander. Especially because of as of right now, light attacks from hybrids and vanguards attack him in extended dodge which is very easy to do (basically disabling dodgeability) his parry punishes are really the only thing he has worth god tier

Drakeawish
12-18-2018, 04:29 AM
I think that law bringer should be nerfed because he has too many openers.

Also, I think that shugoki's caber toss is good because it puts enemies on the ground and then they can't react.

So maybe law bringer is D tier. and goki may fall into D tier as well

EdnaLegija
05-22-2019, 12:17 PM
Hello all, awesome data by op, but I consider that outdated since the last patch release. I would personally like to hear your opinions on the For Honor tier list by Tierlytics (https://www.tierlytics.com/tier-lists/for-honor)?

Sweaty_Sock
05-22-2019, 01:53 PM
Diamond has a few player types though

-here because I main this character alot
-here because I followed (insert current meta) from guides and cling to the most powerful moves
-here because master tier is to sweaty to chill

Which type is driving the characters on your list? If you get to master + then its pretty much option 2 only (unless absolute boss on chosen character), diamond is the nice middle ground where a PK (option 1) can still eat a raider (option 2).

Vendelkin
05-22-2019, 11:48 PM
EDIT!!! -Leaving it here for recording but this was in response to op cause i didnt read the date. My current placements below i am now reading through the new list

I also play diamonds im in between it and plat depending on the season. And ima just say this imo opinion isnt correct at all. So many people in the wrong place.

Also i may be biased but... you have to be on drugs for your raider placement even before the buff hes higher than that in duels at the level you discuss and your placemrnt of knights as the worst faction is so very wrong.

Wulin cant be brought into that debate because they only have 4 heroes all pretty new.

Warden, conq, black prior, new LB thats stronger than most admit or realize. Pk is weak but still not as terrible as some say. Gladiatprs can do surprisingly well just cant block for beans. Centurions is a dud right now but still performs alright ish on people without any form of dodge attack.

Samurais best are sketchy and matchup dependent. Kensei is B tier or low A at this point. Nobushi sucks except at the highest exploit lvls. Orochi fails massively when people can beat his lights still.shugoki, aramusha, and hitokiri can all be rolled away from. Shinobi is just weird but still not phenomenal. Samurai dont have a single S tier, debatable for A tier and half of them are match up dependent.

Vendelkin
05-23-2019, 12:13 AM
ALSO i just realized how old this OP is. Wjo resurected this?

Herbs is closer to correct but again with new reworks raider is now an S

Lawbringer low A

Shugoki to c tier. Hes not that bad. Got match up problems sure and is very dodgeable but if someone isnt ready for him hes an easy to play win even in diamond

And nobushi is still so dependent on if someone playing her meta style is playing her even at diamond. But exploits aside ywah id put her as the only current F.

Hitokiri belongs in B
Black prior is an A
Conqueror is just an A
And warden is an S/A Debatable for me.

So heres mine guess for current

S-Tier:
Raider
Warden
Berserker
Exploiting skilled Nobushi

A-Tier:
Black Prior