PDA

View Full Version : The devs need to focus on other things

bLACK.bEACH
12-09-2018, 09:19 AM
Am I the only one here who thinks they need to stop adding all of these ****ty battle outfits, heroes and events and just focus on fixing the core game that has been ****ed for so long? I know it doesn't take much manpower to add that **** in, but I really feel like they need to shift focus. Granted, I don't work there, so I can't say for certain what they are focusing on, but as the gamer, I feel like they just don't give a **** with what is wrong with it. Orochi has been broken on console since launch, Raider, Shugoki, Conqueror and Lawbringer are virtually unplayable unless you cheese 1 single annoying tactic, on console the game feels like its in slow motion, everything that you do has a 50% chance of not working, and for the love of all that is holy nerf Jiang Jun and Shaolin, they are completely unbelieveable heroes. I got both of them to rep 7 in 1 week and I still dont know how to use them. I know it sounds like im just complaining, but I truly do love this game. I have played it for a month at launch, took a break from it and came back in season 6 and I could not believe the progress they made on the game. I also know they are very dedicated to this game, but the updates are just not coming fast enough and the player count is hemorrhage by the day.

Gianturion
12-09-2018, 12:54 PM
Thing is,there are different departments in the studio. I'll make an example: the design team makes the outfits,you really want that team to focus on balance?
Overall,I agree,the game is in terrible state since JJ is stupid op,Shaolin is unbearable since 400ms light attacks on neutral,block and parry barely work... I even had a match where the servers were almost crumbling and I could see the bots with insane latency fall through objects or through the ground,no joke. I wouldn't compare Shugoki and Lawbringer to someone like Conqueror,because Shugoki has 600ms lights and useless hyper armor,Lawbringer has that shove on block which doesn't guarantee anything since you can just roll out of it. Conq on the other hand... why is he still a thing? I can literally spam Shield Bash the entire match and get kills easy because he's so broken,he needs a rework yet again. We need another Season 5.

EvoX.
12-09-2018, 03:58 PM
Am I the only one here who thinks they need to stop adding all of these ****ty battle outfits, heroes and events and just focus on fixing the core game that has been ****ed for so long?

Literally everyone thinks this.

Tundra 793
12-09-2018, 04:24 PM
Literally everyone thinks this.

We do, just not in the way Waf1ght3r does. Yes, they have to stop with those fashion disasters they call Battle Outfits. But that's not going to affect balance at all.

The art team and the balance team work separately, what either one does has no effect on the other.

MuscleTech12018
12-09-2018, 05:06 PM
The fighting team must be probably made the the worst paid emplyees in the whole Ubisoft company otherwise can't explain why so many amateurs :)) ( and to be honest, Ubisoft is widely known for bad payment , way below average on the market industry)

EvoX.
12-09-2018, 06:15 PM
We do, just not in the way Waf1ght3r does. Yes, they have to stop with those fashion disasters they call Battle Outfits. But that's not going to affect balance at all.

The art team and the balance team work separately, what either one does has no effect on the other.

This is a moot point. Nobody is blaming the art team for anything - it's the game directors that decide which department is going to have more budget and is going to carry the bigger work load. That's who OP was probably referring to by ''they''. Damien and Roman know that dishing out as much content as possible means higher chance of steel packs bought. On the flip side, balance won't bring any revenue for Ubisoft, so they focus on one team and disregard others. Balance team doesn't do 10% of what the Art team does, even though they should have work load correspondent to the game's needs, which are heavily in the latter's... ahem, ''expertise''.

They need to cut the content and shift the scales. But they won't, so...

UbiInsulin
12-10-2018, 02:31 AM
Am I the only one here who thinks they need to stop adding all of these ****ty battle outfits, heroes and events and just focus on fixing the core game that has been ****ed for so long? I know it doesn't take much manpower to add that **** in, but I really feel like they need to shift focus. Granted, I don't work there, so I can't say for certain what they are focusing on, but as the gamer, I feel like they just don't give a **** with what is wrong with it. Orochi has been broken on console since launch, Raider, Shugoki, Conqueror and Lawbringer are virtually unplayable unless you cheese 1 single annoying tactic, on console the game feels like its in slow motion, everything that you do has a 50% chance of not working, and for the love of all that is holy nerf Jiang Jun and Shaolin, they are completely unbelieveable heroes. I got both of them to rep 7 in 1 week and I still dont know how to use them. I know it sounds like im just complaining, but I truly do love this game. I have played it for a month at launch, took a break from it and came back in season 6 and I could not believe the progress they made on the game. I also know they are very dedicated to this game, but the updates are just not coming fast enough and the player count is hemorrhage by the day.

-Shugoki's getting reworked next season.
-It sounds like LB and heroes that rely on out of lock tech are the next priority, from what we've said on recent WDs.
-JJ was performing very well the last time we touched on his stats, but the team wants to see if fixing the animation problems lessen his over-performance.
-Shaolin and the other Wu Lin were performing pretty well. They're going to continue to see where things settle. Keep in mind, this WD I'm referring to was a few weeks ago.

This is a moot point. Nobody is blaming the art team for anything - it's the game directors that decide which department is going to have more budget and is going to carry the bigger work load. That's who OP was probably referring to by ''they''. Damien and Roman know that dishing out as much content as possible means higher chance of steel packs bought. On the flip side, balance won't bring any revenue for Ubisoft, so they focus on one team and disregard others. Balance team doesn't do 10% of what the Art team does, even though they should have work load correspondent to the game's needs, which are heavily in the latter's... ahem, ''expertise''.

They need to cut the content and shift the scales. But they won't, so...

There is not a black-and-white, binary choice between balance and cosmetics.