PDA

View Full Version : Gear Rank and Defense/Attack

BilinearTwo9
12-08-2018, 02:16 PM
Can anyone tell me if there is a relationship between gear rank and defense or attack strength. I understand the perk system and upgrading gear to activate perks. The reason I ask this is because there is no relationship between hero strength and gear rank, why are there gear rank requirements in Arcade? If there is, what is it?

Illyrian_King
12-08-2018, 04:08 PM
Nope unfortunately not.

Before this season there was such a system. It needed just a view tweaks, but they decided it to replace it with this new perk crap, to make it more beginner friendly.

Vendelkin
12-08-2018, 06:51 PM
Nope unfortunately not.

Before this season there was such a system. It needed just a view tweaks, but they decided it to replace it with this new perk crap, to make it more beginner friendly.
Im pretty sure you are over simppifying.
From what i can tell gear scorr does directly effect atk/def but ONLY in arcade mode.

Illyrian_King
12-08-2018, 08:33 PM
Im pretty sure you are over simppifying.
From what i can tell gear scorr does directly effect atk/def but ONLY in arcade mode.

Yep only in Arcade.

Still funny to explain a new guy that gear doesn't matter anything and there is nothing reallly to strife for. Same goes for somebody like me, who is here since the beginning and plays only for fun instead of having the thrill of actually getting something that makes me stronger ;b

I don't like the new system. They should have combined stats and perks, with the simple replacement of revenge stats with something else.

This is the only thing that bucks me about Season 8.

Vendelkin
12-08-2018, 10:16 PM
I disagree. Although the way they handled the change was assinine, and they essentially stole property from us (paid currency steel) the old system was broken and made playing the game as a new character or player awful. The perk system, tho imperfect, is much better balanced

BilinearTwo9
12-09-2018, 12:03 AM
Thanks. At least I know that it matters in Arcade. I'm rep 22 and attempting the weekly with a rep 9 (gear rank 172) Kensei. Got through the first three parts but stuck on second part of the fourth. I enlisted a rep one Tiandi to see if that helps but he gets one-shotted.
I only started played about 2 months ago and having a lot of fun. Even though I got the game when it came out, I didn't play so I was never familiar with the original system. Personally, I like games that one can tailor their character to play style, but the challenge to improving is still fun.

Vendelkin
12-09-2018, 12:44 AM
I actually make tutorial vids for the weekly quests. There is actually a really easy way to cheese phase 4 of this weeks so skip to that segment if youd like. :)
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ozj4lPeA32s

BilinearTwo9
12-09-2018, 03:57 PM
Wow! Great video, Dan. Honestly, you guys are SO much better than I am. You provided some great insights to exploit the environment. When I get my courage and determination restored, I'll try to get through this one. Thanks. I subscribed and activated notifications.