PDA

View Full Version : [FEEDBACK][BUG] Choppers are buggy and kill you all the time.

WarMonk111
12-08-2018, 08:23 AM
Please fix choppers. They are not done right. I love the game and love Ghost mode and I'm sick of wasting my effort and time due to poorly conceived / designed mechanics that randomly kill you.

You have a feature in your game where if a helicopter lands a little weird on an object it EXPLODES and when you're playing ghost mode that's game over. You land somewhere safely but due to some geographical oddity that is impossible to anticipate you die and lose days and weeks of work. Too many times on ghost mode I've had a high level character with double last chance res, and I've played the game masterfully, then it's all suddenly gone due to a randomly exploding chopper. And not to mention I have double res yet I don't even get one res. It's a fail in game design where player skill means nothing to survival.

The chopper should only lose rotors in any situation where it wasn't hit by weapons or fast sudden impact. Right now I can slam it into a mountain and it won't explode, yet gently landing on a box or table makes it EXPLODE? There is no reason for it to explode. That makes no sense at all for it to suddenly explode.

While I'm at it, getting tapped by a helicopter's landing struts shouldn't kill you. Just remove that feature ok. I play with my friends ghost mode and our sync is never perfect. Most of the times we die is getting in and out of choppers because touching the struts instantly kills you. It ruins the fun completely and is wildly unrealistic as a kill mechanic. Ask yourself, how many people die from landing struts in real life?? None. EVER. So why are they deadly in this game?? It adds nothing to the game but frustration, especially in multiplayer, especially in ghost mode!!. Just remove that as a kill mechanic. Were here to have fun.

Also half the time when I bail from a chopper for no reason my squad dies leaving the chopper and are sitting dead up in the sky where I cannot reach them. This isn't a biggie but while we're on the subject of choppers... this is a big bug too.

Choppers haven't been finished or were done wrong, and it's bad enough where it really need to be changed and fixed. Thanks.

Hugo-FOU
12-08-2018, 09:46 AM
I know it might feel like it’s defeating the point of GM, but for the reasons you have stated above, it’s best to back your game up. If you die because you made a mistake, delete it and start again. If it’s because of a glitch, load up and carry on.

I know it’s not the point of the thread but until things are changed......

SmoovejAGs
12-08-2018, 10:34 AM
Died 3 times in ghost mode due to flying a helo & exiting the helo to fall through the map.
Still flew in ghost mode regardless of helo bugs & made tier 1.
Spend more time flying than driving, keep at it bud.
They did do some sort of fix a little ways back but some of the ways you’ve described us new.
Not heard of dying by the skids before.
Good luck.

jAG

Ubi-Lucipus
12-10-2018, 11:27 AM
For future reference, BUGS/GLITCHES goes in Technical Forum (https://forums.ubi.com/forumdisplay.php/1549-Technical-Support).

Redirected thread.