PDA

View Full Version : Co-Op Matchmaking

Loaf_Of_Dread
12-07-2018, 06:23 PM
Now that we know co-op will be returning (https://www.pcgamesn.com/far-cry-new-dawn/far-cry-new-dawn-co-op), I have a suggestion to make regarding the feature:

Campaign and arcade co-op in Far Cry 5 offered some of the most fun and hilarious multiplayer gaming experiences I've had, but finding partners to play with was a total pain in the *** on PC. It's almost like the developers wanted to make it as difficult as possible to access on purpose, no way for random players to join you, or join other players with open games, gotta scour through internet forums, add friends, and hope that someone you find is in the same time-zone as you and happens to be online when you are.

I can't for the life of me understand behind the logic of this decision, one of several poor ones made in regard to FC5's multiplayer and matchmaking setup, which I believe severely hamstrung the longevity of the game. A real shame too, considering how robust the Arcade editor is. Hopefully this is fixed in this new title...and the fixes are patched into FC5. Looking forward to New Dawn!

LaMOi
12-07-2018, 07:10 PM
Is there going to be full coop in the story mode??

The_Father_Xmas
12-07-2018, 10:30 PM
Plus add in-game type chat for people who don't use mic. having to bring up the Uplay overlay all the time is an unnecessary hassle. In co-op it is vital that players can quickly/easily communicate.

I don't know, but my guess is that co-op will be exactly the same as it was in FC5.

Ubi-Zubi
12-07-2018, 11:03 PM

We will release more information regarding Far Cry New Dawn very soon. Keep checking the forums for future updates!

FriendlyRebel
01-26-2019, 10:09 PM
Please for the love of god Ubisoft add this feature, if your completely taking out Arcade, at least let us matchmake and find others who play the story. I hate having to search the web trying to find a partner to play with! If you do one thing right make sure this is it!

FriendlyRebel
01-26-2019, 10:10 PM
Please add matchmaking!