PDA

View Full Version : Space Monkey Report #4

UBI-Zuzu
12-07-2018, 06:17 PM
Hello, Space Monkeys!

As promised, we will be back with another Space Monkey Report Live Stream on December 10th at 6 PM CET / 12:00 EST. We will be live on Twitch, (https://www.twitch.tv/ubisoft) YouTube (https://youtube.com/ubisoft), and Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/beyondgoodandevil/?ref=br_rs).

https://ubistatic-a.akamaihd.net/0105/cp-content-images/BGE2/livereport4-thumb.jpg

You can read the full article here (https://beyondgoodandevil.ubisoft.com/en-us/news/ignt13544-Space-Monkey-Report-#4).

dyo100
12-10-2018, 09:27 PM
Hey Spacemonkeys! I've been a Space Monkey since the first livestream and I am fully aware of the scope you are trying to achieve.

Originally, you planned to have all players in the universe at once, but now you have deferred to a Co-Op/Single Player experience.
That sounds amazing for developing the game for the player, it will definitely help create a balanced experience between the player and how we can interact with the game universe.
I do like the idea of making retreating from a MMO style multiple players in one instance of the universe game because it will make player identity easier to develop and balance in the long run.

Now for my question. What if there was a way to reach your more ambitious multiplayer goals? Your original ambition sounded impossible but it may now be feasible.

Has the development team heard of SpatialOS?

SpatialOS is a very new program released this year so it may be unknown to the studio. I have educated myself tirelessly on the program SpatialOS and what it is attempting to do for games in the future. It works alongside both Unreal Engine 4 and Unity to create a Online Multiplayer infrastructure that can link hundreds and thousands of players to one server all playing at the same time seamlessly. It sounds unreal but they have proof of concept now at this point in time.

I never speak in forums but this development team is one of the greatest dev teams in gaming and I know that from the passion I saw poured into the first BGE. I know the same creators created this so I hope this question can get echoed throughout the studio.

The future of gaming will change forever if this game utilizes SpatialOS, no doubt about it.

mavericknrt144
12-10-2018, 09:35 PM
will there be pvping in this game like online play at all ???

stuvakronakivik
12-10-2018, 10:11 PM
Thank you for the updates guys! I know it's still early footage, but i gotta say i'm a bit disapointed with the fighting mechanics..it feels so stiff, uncreative and not that dynamic....we desperately need some hand to hand combat, also more diversity in deffende and attacks.....
Give us the freedom to explore multiple combos, also some parries, blocks and counters. We need martial arts dojos and temples where we can unlock new techniques and improve our combat stats like speed, power, stamina, etc. Please make the combat good, otherwise it will feel super repetitive.

Deny1991
12-10-2018, 10:51 PM
Thank you for the updates guys! I know it's still early footage, but i gotta say i'm a bit disapointed with the fighting mechanics..it feels so stiff, uncreative and not that dynamic....we desperately need some hand to hand combat, also more diversity in deffende and attacks.....
Give us the freedom to explore multiple combos, also some parries, blocks and counters. We need martial arts dojos and temples where we can unlock new techniques and improve our combat stats like speed, power, stamina, etc. Please make the combat good, otherwise it will feel super repetitive.

It reminded me on the first game, witch was a good thing. i actually like the fighting machanic, and i just played the end boss of the game, (where you use every thing you ever used in fighting btw, so funny) so it very intuitive...BUT BGE is a 10 hour game not an hundred hour space opera. so.. yeah i can see your point.

Am i the only one who thinks how funny it is, that they can use sprite clones in the game, cause they are actually clones? that is so clever

A_R0berts
12-11-2018, 03:10 AM
LOTTA HYPE!! Great update on the game, I thought the seemless transition from the temple to space was awesome! Now, I do agree with the above comments on ground combat, and Iíd like to bring some ideas to the table. In many games focusing on sword combat, there is a lock on gameplay feature, and something I think would pair nicely with BGE2ís combat. Something I noticed during the demo was that a players attack would pass by the intended target, locking them into an animation. This is something that the lock on would help solve, enabling the player to land more attacks. This would also allow them to focus more on dodging enemy attacks, and zooming around the area on their jet pack. As this is early footage and Iím no game dev, Iíll refrain from babbling more on the subject. I would like to ask some questions though, regarding both flight and ground combat. Is the player allowed to build their character to specialize in guns, or swords? Perhaps sacrifing some aspects of sword combat in favor of shooting, and vice versa. Do certain hybrids even need swords, when they have claws? In regards to flight combat, do the police frigates have to capability to pursue players, or flee from combat if critically damaged? Do do vessels of that size have interiors, to fight through in order to capture? In regards to the pursuit, do vessels of that size (and bigger!) move around independently, as traders or warships? Thatís all for now, but Iíd love to see some space monkeys giving some feedback on this. Thank you, to all the wonderful people working on the game, and taking the time and effort to share it with the community!

GarretDanilo
12-11-2018, 09:14 AM
I'll put my impressions of the Report in a simple way plus some questions for the future article.

Positive:

- Finally some female hybrids concept art (they're really cool)

- Ganesha City is wonderful

- Good visual effects

To improve:

- Some animations like flying with the jet pack

- Maybe add some counter-attack or special moves to combat system

- Add multiple kind of melee weapon like staff, hammer or dual wielding swords

Questions:

- There will be romance options?

-There will be post-launch contents like story DLC?

Simon_Nolberger
12-11-2018, 02:42 PM
Hello Spacemonkeys!

I just watched the latest live stream, and something caught my attention. Now, my question is the following: Will you be able to enter an enemy frigate in order to hijack it? Because I was told that you can enter every vehicle you see, so maybe I just answered my own question. I just want to make sure.

Deny1991
12-12-2018, 12:33 PM
#askbge
In the first game you had the unusual perspective that journalism, and taking photographs and making the people of hillis aware of things, changes the world. Now there is a lot of wrongfulness in System 3. Is that still a possibility for the player to change that?

Are there going to be stealth elements in the game?

ElPrimordial
12-12-2018, 05:22 PM
Thanks for this early xmas present! ;)

Ray970
12-14-2018, 12:37 AM
Very impressive demo. The seamless open world and its vastness are exceptional; the spyglass mechanics is very interesting and I like the approach to fighting...also the control system seems easy and intuitive
Ganesha city looks good, I hope that the final result will be great
I found some flaws in the use of the gun: I found the aim system awkward with the result that ranged combat doesn't blend well with the melee combat
One last thing is that maybe it would be more immersive to change the spaceship's parts in a garage (like the mammago's) than change them instantly from the game menu
Keep up the good work, team

TOG_Vulcan
12-14-2018, 10:10 AM
Thanks for sharing the demo, the scope is crazy! The moment that dog fight was happening and we could see Ganesha city below us was more than perfect!
The flight control looks so cool!
but the fighting by melee and weapon looks too early! I hope it's because of the stage of the game. also those abilities are so good, happy to have them

My main concern in our character, they didn't even say a word I think! are we going to have a muted character?! did you forgot what options made Jade, JADE?! Please if it is muted, reconsider it:(

The detail on Police Station and Bank looks promising as gameplay options! like sneaking into police station to find out when the next big money cargo is arriving and then planing a raid on that...
I hope we have mini-game and actual activities in the game.

all and all, this game beside Cyberpunk 2077 are my most anticipated games! Hope next time we see some story mission gameplay too

GloboxJames
12-14-2018, 02:24 PM
I'm guardedly optimistic about the combat mechanics. After all this is very early footage and I'm sure the developers are aware of the bugs that need dealing with (the most glaring flaw being that there is no lock-on element). However, I really like the idea of having martial arts temples wherein you could level up your combat, i.e.; learn new combos, up your stats, etc. And to have some different martial arts masters teaching you would be heckin' neat. Not only would that add to the combat experience but it would add to the game's overall sense of immersion.

Kirkrazy1
01-15-2019, 06:02 AM
Plz let me no if and other space monkeys Noo 🙈💦

TheSoulman101
01-31-2019, 09:06 PM
As far as I know there is no demo that I know of but I'm pretty sure there was some beta signups somewhere down the line but dunno how far that is along. I suppose it depends on how much is actually playable without bugs as a beta needs to have stability before shared with the public otherwise you get similar backlash to what fallout 76's beta had though I'm sure Ubisoft will announce something in due course.