PDA

View Full Version : When Will PK Become Good Again?

KotoKuraken
12-07-2018, 05:57 AM
PK has been horrible for a long time now, and the rework never gave her a viable moveset to work with. No, her dagger cancel is not an opener. No, her dodge attacks are not "countering tools". No, the bleed stacking doesn't make up for the lack of damage she has. Just because she used to be at the top does not mean she has to stay on the bottom (which was a direct result of her "rework" that only nerfed her instead of balancing her). And no, she shouldn't have to "get in line" for something to make her good when the reason she is bad is because the devs never reworked her during her rework and has sat at the bottom for so long because of it. She doesn't even have good damage in the first place on top of her lack of a kit.

Literally everyone is better than her; better kits, better damage, better movement, better everything. There's a reason why literally no one ever picks her.

She needs to either have faster heavies, or more damaging heavies. She has the lowest damage heavies in the game; they do less damage and are slower than Cent's heavies, when she's supposed to be a fast character. She has no openers at all. She has no unblockables or bashes to speak of. She has no counter tools to speak of. Her zone does less damage and takes more stamina than a lot of other characters' light attacks. She has the lowest pick rate, and among the top 2.5% of players from previously released data, she has been at the very bottom of the win list by the largest percentage possible.

Why should a character even exist on the roster if no one ever picks her, her kit is nonexistant, her damage is nonexistant, and her winrate is nonexistant?

Goat_of_Vermund
12-07-2018, 09:28 AM
When was she ever good in the first place? She was undoubtly strong, but for wrong reasons, she never was good. Maybe they will buff her, hopefully not just the damage, since she is boring.
Judging by the last Warrior's den, that will happen around June, 2020, if the game lives that long. We will have 200 battle outfits by that time.

(off: Sorry devs, I was always supportive and optimistic, but if you can't make real changes in decent time, at least don't act like you are doing something big by adjusting little bugs only two exploiter knew in the entire playerbase. If you have nothing better to do a weak, make some incognito accounts and play a few matches or duels. It would be an interesting experience for you.)

UbiInsulin
12-07-2018, 11:49 PM
She's clearly not in the best place right now. The team's definitely looking at changes, but I can't provide an ETA or specifics as of yet.

EvoX.
12-07-2018, 11:59 PM
Sometime in 2020. They act like dishing out even one rework is like asking for half their soul, since apparently only Shugoki will be receiving one in Season 9, so with the current pace... at least another year.

MarshalMoriarty
12-08-2018, 12:05 AM
In fairness though, she'd need a proper rework. Its their own fault for making her S6 'rework' such a botched hack job, but fixing the character to be viable and fun to play is a task they can't rush. They *have* to get it right next time.

DoctorMcBatman
12-08-2018, 12:15 AM
PK has been horrible for a long time now, and the rework never gave her a viable moveset to work with. No, her dagger cancel is not an opener. No, her dodge attacks are not "countering tools". No, the bleed stacking doesn't make up for the lack of damage she has. Just because she used to be at the top does not mean she has to stay on the bottom (which was a direct result of her "rework" that only nerfed her instead of balancing her). And no, she shouldn't have to "get in line" for something to make her good when the reason she is bad is because the devs never reworked her during her rework and has sat at the bottom for so long because of it. She doesn't even have good damage in the first place on top of her lack of a kit.

Literally everyone is better than her; better kits, better damage, better movement, better everything. There's a reason why literally no one ever picks her.

She needs to either have faster heavies, or more damaging heavies. She has the lowest damage heavies in the game; they do less damage and are slower than Cent's heavies, when she's supposed to be a fast character. She has no openers at all. She has no unblockables or bashes to speak of. She has no counter tools to speak of. Her zone does less damage and takes more stamina than a lot of other characters' light attacks. She has the lowest pick rate, and among the top 2.5% of players from previously released data, she has been at the very bottom of the win list by the largest percentage possible.

Why should a character even exist on the roster if no one ever picks her, her kit is nonexistant, her damage is nonexistant, and her winrate is nonexistant?

And you know what? These are pretty much word for word the exact things the community has been saying about PK since pretty much the week her "rework" was released. But the devs are busy marketing their game for the Chinese market, creating new content to sell for steel, and who knows what else.

The best we can hope for are some damage buffs in season 9, since clearly she's not getting a proper rework before Shugoki and LB do.

I remember Roman saying something about how they knew parry changes would hurt Orochi, but they were going to rework him anyway so they just let him be trash for a whole season. This is not to say there are plans to rework PK further and the changes were made in anticipation of this, but it seems like a reflection of the kind of mentality the devs have - they don't seem to care if some heroes are significantly unbalanced for months at a time. And we wonder why FH never really fulfilled it's competitive e-sports goal...

Illyrian_King
12-08-2018, 01:16 AM

Not true at all.

Her kit is strong ... not interesting or special but strong. Everything she does has insane speed and is tricky asf.

Her damage is now correct or just a very very tiny bit too low, but she is okay at very least. People are just spoiled from what she has been.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
12-08-2018, 01:48 AM
Her bleed damage is good but her damage and stamina need work. Her mix-up are fine to.
She has no defense against revenge though since her distance has been nerfed

KotoKuraken
12-08-2018, 11:54 PM
Not true at all.

Her kit is strong ... not interesting or special but strong. Everything she does has insane speed and is tricky asf.

Her damage is now correct or just a very very tiny bit too low, but she is okay at very least. People are just spoiled from what she has been.

The only thing she has is a dagger cancel that always comes out on top (that Shaman doesn't limit) or a guardbreak (both with a fixed softfeint timing, something both Centurion and Shaman don't have). That dagger cancel is not good. Her damage is not good either. They're extremely slow 20 damage heavies. Her damage is not in a good place when you can frequently outplay your opponents, but they still kill you with 2 hits. Even Aramusha is an extremely huge improvement over her with the damage and options he has.

People can't be spoiled from what she has been when it's been well over 2 seasons and no one has gotten any better. Maybe during the first season we'd see a drop, but then it should have gone back up the next season. It didn't. People are playing her to her max potential and are getting literally nowhere with her because it's so much easier to kill with anyone else

Helnekromancer
12-09-2018, 12:22 AM
I don't know why they based her kit around Bleeds when there's a feat out there that negates it completely. Warden and Nuxia uses it very often. Heroes that are very popular in 4v4s.

I can't even run from Wardens because they have that stupid 20-30feet sliding attack after i do 1-3 damage to them because bleeds are my gimmick.

PK can't even land a heavy from a successful GB, I've been holding back on getting executions for her because landing a heavy on someone is very rare and I'm rep 18 with her.

20 damage for a heavy is very low when JJ can do that with a simple light and because it's so low I have to perform the light bleed follow up and they die from bleed.

90% of my kills are from bleeds and even if I land a heavy and perform an execute, ANY minion can interrupt now.

If I can't execute, get health back, and take someone off the map I'm a major hindrance to my team, especially in Breach which is my favorite game mode, hence why you don't see people picking her often.

Not even a face reveal is going to make people play a hero who is just all around bad.

Vendelkin
12-09-2018, 01:00 AM
I think she is very viable and has a high skill ceiling. Ive been very owned by good pescekeepers who know their feint combo game well. Your complaints effect nobushi as well, if not even more significantly.

You shouldnt be struggling to get executes on her tho. Her dodge attack solicits them very effectively.

However i would not mind further buffs and changes. I do think nobushi needs a full rework first tho, and they both suffer similarily.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
12-09-2018, 02:05 AM
I don't know why they based her kit around Bleeds when there's a feat out there that negates it completely. Warden and Nuxia uses it very often. Heroes that are very popular in 4v4s.

I can't even run from Wardens because they have that stupid 20-30feet sliding attack after i do 1-3 damage to them because bleeds are my gimmick.

PK can't even land a heavy from a successful GB, I've been holding back on getting executions for her because landing a heavy on someone is very rare and I'm rep 18 with her.

20 damage for a heavy is very low when JJ can do that with a simple light and because it's so low I have to perform the light bleed follow up and they die from bleed.

90% of my kills are from bleeds and even if I land a heavy and perform an execute, ANY minion can interrupt now.

If I can't execute, get health back, and take someone off the map I'm a major hindrance to my team, especially in Breach which is my favorite game mode, hence why you don't see people picking her often.

Not even a face reveal is going to make people play a hero who is just all around bad.

I've been making that point about wardens bleed feat forever. It's an auto win for Warden against Pk.
1st. It reduces damage way too much
2. Warden gets revenge simply by taking the attacks.
It's redicious this hasn't been fixed yet.

KotoKuraken
12-10-2018, 02:01 AM
I think she is very viable and has a high skill ceiling. Ive been very owned by good pescekeepers who know their feint combo game well. Your complaints effect nobushi as well, if not even more significantly.

You shouldnt be struggling to get executes on her tho. Her dodge attack solicits them very effectively.

However i would not mind further buffs and changes. I do think nobushi needs a full rework first tho, and they both suffer similarily.

Just because you get owned by a hero doesn't mean that hero is good. However, the player has to be significantly outplay their opponent to play as PK. Her dodge attack only does 15 damage, and you will often not get that execute because of it. That means not only do you have to get your opponent low, you also have to get them to only half a bar of health (which is enough for a teammate to sneeze on them and steal your kill). Her dodge attacks are also easily parryable, and anyone getting that low is definitely going to be turtling up hardcore.

You will very very rarely ever get executions because the dodge attacks are so weak on the initial hit and her regular heavies are way too slow and too weak.Nobushi is better off than PK at the moment; she can get executions off reliably from guardbreaks, dash heavies, and wall splats, and she also possesses a good bash that guarantees damage, does more damage with her bleed to actually give it a purpose, has wide range attacks, and can feint her light attacks with hidden stance. No, she is not the best duelist, but she is the only character rated S tier for every gamemode except duels.

PK needs it far more than Nobushi.

Goat_of_Vermund
12-10-2018, 07:47 AM
Pk is far weaker than nobushi, but nobushi is not S tier in any way. She is at the same or one tier above pk, with the same not viable offense, but at least better defense.

Pk needs a lot to be viable. A better player or a player in better form can still beat you with her, but she lacks everything. No openers, no damage, no really threatening mixups, no stamina, no range, no pressure, no health. She is somewhat mobile and fast, but others outshine her hands down. She needs at least a viable opener, and her dagger cancel, deep gouge and dodge attacks must start chains. Maybe damage buffs and bleed effect added if we are aiming at A tier.

MuscleTech12018
12-10-2018, 12:54 PM
When i read stuffs like this "Literally everyone is better than her; better kits, better damage, better movement, better everything. There's a reason why literally no one ever picks her." .... i know op has no clue about this game..

Siegfried-Z
12-10-2018, 01:53 PM
When i read stuffs like this "Literally everyone is better than her; better kits, better damage, better movement, better everything. There's a reason why literally no one ever picks her." .... i know op has no clue about this game..

Well, the guy is not wrong..

Looks at Pk dmg : In termes of pure dmg, all of her mooves are under average (Zone, Dagger feint, lights, dash attack, heavy). Adding bleeds, her dash attack and heavies are okay. But till, it makes hard for her to get a nexecution. Her only good dmg are on her GB. But again, this is bleed. Even her deflect is a bleed.

About her kit, what does Pk has ? She doesn't have an UB, no HA, no bash... she is litterally the only char of the whole game which doesn't have any of these things (Nuxia has traps and Roch at least has HA and Ub on deflect plus a few back dodge attack mooves).

She has some softfeints but this is not enough to makes her viable at the current state of the game. As is her 2nd light.
I don't even talk about her poor range and predictable dash attack even on a heavy softfeinted.

Her only strengh is to be fast.. That's all. And on PC, it means nothing.

So, saying she has a poor kit compare to most of others char is not having "no clue about this game", it is the truth.

Goat_of_Vermund
12-10-2018, 02:11 PM
The only character who might be worse is shugoki. And pk has good matchups with optionselect against other weak characters, but they are still generally stronger.

teddy0teddy
12-10-2018, 03:01 PM
Well, the guy is not wrong..

Looks at Pk dmg : In termes of pure dmg, all of her mooves are under average (Zone, Dagger feint, lights, dash attack, heavy). Adding bleeds, her dash attack and heavies are okay. But till, it makes hard for her to get a nexecution. Her only good dmg are on her GB. But again, this is bleed. Even her deflect is a bleed.

About her kit, what does Pk has ? She doesn't have an UB, no HA, no bash... she is litterally the only char of the whole game which doesn't have any of these things (Nuxia has traps and Roch at least has HA and Ub on deflect plus a few back dodge attack mooves).

She has some softfeints but this is not enough to makes her viable at the current state of the game. As is her 2nd light.
I don't even talk about her poor range and predictable dash attack even on a heavy softfeinted.

Her only strengh is to be fast.. That's all. And on PC, it means nothing.

So, saying she has a poor kit compare to most of others char is not having "no clue about this game", it is the truth.

The first guy did however not say most kits, he said she had the worst kit of all. In which case it is correct that he has no clue about the game. Shugoki has quite literally no way to beat someone waiting for parries. But Peacekeeper can at the very least do some mindgames with her zone and cancels.
And currently light spam is number one in terms of power so that alone brings Peacekeeper above characters like Shugoki and Lawbringer. Both of which has no threatening offense. A fast thinker can straight up counter Lawbringers block shove with a deflect. So Peacekeeper is still higher than some other characters that can do nothing.
To make things clearer, some of the bigger characters like Shugoki, Lawbringer and Warlord (at least those I have noticed it happen with) can at times not dodge bashes and such due to their dodge animations being slow, they often need to predict the bash before it happens in order to react in time where as I can easily dodge headbutt and shove while getting free punishes on them.

Siegfried-Z
12-10-2018, 03:52 PM
The first guy did however not say most kits, he said she had the worst kit of all. In which case it is correct that he has no clue about the game. Shugoki has quite literally no way to beat someone waiting for parries. But Peacekeeper can at the very least do some mindgames with her zone and cancels.
And currently light spam is number one in terms of power so that alone brings Peacekeeper above characters like Shugoki and Lawbringer. Both of which has no threatening offense. A fast thinker can straight up counter Lawbringers block shove with a deflect. So Peacekeeper is still higher than some other characters that can do nothing.
To make things clearer, some of the bigger characters like Shugoki, Lawbringer and Warlord (at least those I have noticed it happen with) can at times not dodge bashes and such due to their dodge animations being slow, they often need to predict the bash before it happens in order to react in time where as I can easily dodge headbutt and shove while getting free punishes on them.

Yes, we can always argue a few char are a little worst than PK is, but if someone has a decent level in this game, he can only admit PK is currently trash. On console Pk is a bit better due to the fact that light spam is efficient on console. I have both Console and PC, on console i can sometimes struggles to light spam while i don't have any problems to block and parry lights spam on PC.

You said Pk is better than WL, LB or Shugo. But, i would say yes if you talk about Duel. In 4v4, i would rather pick one of these 3. Because all of them have powerfull tools in 4V4.
Shugo with demon's embrace, HA and AOE dmg with his UB during team fights can sometimes be viable if his team mates are good
LB have a lot of bombs and is very very tanky in anti gank situation + his impale charge is strong in 4V4
WL can be insane with his shield charge and ledge ability + Headbutt

Don' get me wrong, LB, WL and Shugo are trash currently too. But from a 4v4 pov, i would say PK suffer a bit more.On par with Shugo and a bit worst than LB and WL.
I'm not talking about a PK versus them, but about PK efficiency on a 4v4 battlefield compared to these 3.

Anyway, S9 is coming with a Shugo rework and a PK buff and we already know WL is one of the next priority.

At the end, only LB remain.

RieslingKiller
01-21-2019, 12:56 AM
Can someone help me?

I want to learn the Peacekeeper.

In her specific moveset is written that she can do a stab cancel……….

I don´t know what this means.

After every attack I do, I don´t find a button which brings me back away. Or is it only possible between the 3 stabs after a guardbreak?

But in this situation I also couldn´t find a button who brings me back away………. I Play on PC with Keyboard/Mouse...……

THX for an answer………..

The.All.Father
01-21-2019, 01:16 AM
In my opinion she is still strong. Boring af, dmg tuned down (maybe a lil bit), but i am sooooo, sooooooo happy to see what this miserable spammer became in eyes of players who mains her. It is a wild pleasure, and i hope someday all the light/bash spammers will be in such spot. But this is my wild desire only. It probably won't happen :/

Goat_of_Vermund
01-21-2019, 09:30 AM
I hope her incoming buff makes her powerful again, at least A tier to make up for that nerf sold as a rework. It is hilarious that they thought this character will be viable after overbuffing berserker.

Soldier_of_Dawn
01-21-2019, 10:45 AM
Can someone help me?

I want to learn the Peacekeeper.

In her specific moveset is written that she can do a stab cancel……….

I don´t know what this means.

After every attack I do, I don´t find a button which brings me back away. Or is it only possible between the 3 stabs after a guardbreak?

But in this situation I also couldn´t find a button who brings me back away………. I Play on PC with Keyboard/Mouse...……

THX for an answer………..

To cancel stab, press the guardbreak button after the first or second stab and Peacekeeper will kick her opponent away. The kick is her guardbreak throw so you can pick the direction in which she kicks her opponent away. If you wall-splat the opponent with the kick, you can get a guaranteed Dashing Thrust (forward dodge heavy) but only if the distance is right. Remember to perform a Deep Gouge if the Dashing Thrust connects by pressing light attack. It will take practice.

Jazz117Volkov
01-21-2019, 02:16 PM
I had a good chuckle when I ran through PK's "Hero Tactics". Like, half of them are variations of stab cancel, which invariably lead to less damage since she gets nothing confirmed off a wall-splat (fwd dash stab if the distance is right). And one of her "Hero Tactics" actually runs her out of stamina. Official PK hero tactics are to not do damage and to run out of stamina.

And again, I keep seeing the issue with PK executions. I've seen it raised again and again, and even raised it myself. The only word I've ever seen on it from Ubi is "I haven't noticed that it's a concern".

It's like that one time when Ubi was releasing a new game and the single best part of the prior entry was not only left out but the current team didn't even know what it was. I worry.

Card1acArrest
01-23-2019, 12:46 PM
She is really weak over time. Totally agree the comparison with aramusha.

I played her 3 reps now and in 4v4s she just does too little damage too slowly.

I do maybe half the kills with her as with my aramusha. Over time.

In a 1v1 i can land 4-5 hits and still get owned by a bashing 40 dam warden who gets in 3-4 good hits.

You have to play really really well to beat mediocre players!

She needs more damage.

I find her a LOT OF FUN to play! She is fast and a good counter attacker. She just dont cut it damage wise.

Maybe her feint costs could come down a bit. She is very stamina costy.

A key issue too is crap feats. Most of the do well classes in 4v4 have a self heal. Her feats do not support 4v4 well at all.

She also lack damage spikes ala cent knockdown. Shinobi on da knees, any knockdown or throw really.

She is just a liability to her team in 4v4 and i always apologize to teammate up front if i play her!!

o...Frank...o
01-23-2019, 04:29 PM
Unfortunaltely she is only good in Duels - in 4x4 she can´t be a good help.

She must be customised for beeing stronger in Dominion.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
01-24-2019, 01:21 AM
I read the title as "when will Pk become god again" 😂...ubi please buff Pk to G tier.

Goat_of_Vermund
01-24-2019, 11:08 PM
https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/news-community/152-342840-16/patch-notes-v2040

I really don't like to be that person who says negative things, because your overall patch is the best since the Kensei/conqueror/berserker rework. However, I still have to point out, this "rework" is just a bad joke. If you would have done it back in September, as a temporary balance change until a full rework, I would have say it is okay, but the numbers are still low. As something given as a full rework, it is very, very bad, almost nothing (1-3 damage increase on some attacks, a very small stamina buff and guaranteed heavies on guardbreaks are nothing).

Changes in practice:

Parries:

Her current heavy parry punish is 14 if you want a chain, 15 if you want damage (with the zone buff, a bit more useful). That is still one of the lowest. Giving a 1 damage buff on a light opener is just mocking the character though.

Light parry punish is 34 now. Still the lower end, but a bit more- however, characters with this low parry punishes usually have insane offense options (gladiator basically gets guaranteed damage if you don't actively attack him for example).

Overall, bit better, still not good.

Offense, mixups:

Judging from the stamina cost buffs on zones and dagger cancels, that's her supposed offense: spamming 400ms attacks nonstop. It will turn out as the orochi, you can either react to it and win, or not and die. See, the rewarding part of this game is killing by reading the opponent. On peacekeeper, there isn't much to read, she doesn't have 50/50s, openers, she will have options to spam, which will either be countered, or not countered. Right, 400ms attacks are not reactable, but the zone can be shut down just by placing a static guard there, and the dagger cancels are only 10 damage, you can take them without any major consequences, you can also block them.

Summary:

Looks like you don't care about this character, who was left as one of the weakests, but even after 6 months of monitoring, you did not give her any openers, any real mixups, her attacks are still broken up (nothing starts nothing, hitting with a heavy attack actually ends the chains, doesn't start them). I am not tournament level, but I don't have to be to tell she still won't be more than C tier, her only somewhat viable offense will be her zone spam, just like the good old days (with less effectiveness in turtling).
Other than that, she won't be interesting to use (if I should tell what I love in her so much, I couldn't tell it), and if you rewatch a few season 1 tournaments, you will see how it is to fight against her. I still won't totally give up on her, but just tell me, how should she defeat a berserker in a fair fight with similar skills (I mean, how to make it even)?

It was such a letdown, because she is completely ignored. I would totally uninstall if the Black Prior wouldn't be so cool. I wanted to still main my pk, but I think I will give her some rest.

Suggestion:

I wrote multiple suggestions about how to buff her, how to give her openers etc, so I won't go in details. Just play her in multiplayer, you will see she is still thrash tier. Better yet, set up a few matches against the following characters: Shaman, Lawbringer, Berserker, Warden, Jian Jun, Tiandi, Shaolin. The results will speak for themselves quite clearly.

EvoX.
01-24-2019, 11:27 PM
After tonight's stream - never, apparently. PK is dead, doomed to most likely stew in mediocrity forever. Unfortunately, there's always characters like her in every game: neither good nor too bad, never given proper work, the forgotten ones that are boring to play indefinitely.

It's quite regrettable, honestly. If my Centurion received 2 damage buffs to attacks as a rebalance I'd uninstall instantly. Words cannot express how disappointing that ''improvement'' was, even for Ubisoft standards.

DoctorMcBatman
01-24-2019, 11:41 PM
Yeah this will bring PK from D tier to C tier most likely. Not the bump she deserves, but I never expected her to get a second real rework (even though the first one wasn't a real rework either).

Goat_of_Vermund
01-25-2019, 12:15 AM
The worst part is the mentality I see behind this "buff." It is like saying: "Shut up, nobody plays nor likes this character anyway. Here, take this, 8% avarege damage buff, and some little stamina buff. You are viable now, if you don't feel so, git gud. We are working on more interesting/hyped characters, the interesting parts of her kit were distributed to other assassins anyway."

Helnekromancer
01-25-2019, 01:03 AM
At least give her a unblockable of some kind, I've been asking for PK to knee someone forever, but instead she does it in her new execution.

Being able to land a heavy from guardbreak and parries is a nice quality of life buff, but it doesn't change the fact that she still can't open turtles, her side dash heavy is too slow and her dagger cancels always go top.

Just give her an unblockable and allow her to dagger cancel from all sides and give her true bleed so Warden and Nuxia can't completely negate her damage or better yet remove Thick Blood because it's a toxic feat with 0 counterplay.

Illyrian_King
01-25-2019, 01:44 AM
Fastest spammer in the whole game. I know that "light spam" is no valid strategy in high tier, but her whole kit is made of that stuff. She was and still is mediocore.

She is not terrible, just shallow from her kit options.

Goat_of_Vermund
01-25-2019, 03:14 AM
They also hid a nerf btw. The forward dodge heavy used to be 20, it will be 17. Always parried though, so it is only a little more crippling in 4v4

guest-4xn53EA8
01-25-2019, 04:18 AM
Poor PK. I feel bad for her, this small buff won't change anything.

Charmzzz
01-25-2019, 10:18 AM
Well, yeah, I will keep staying away from the game after this disappointment. 6 months at the bottom in every mode, "closely monitored", then "buffed" in a minimalistic way. Why does she not get more Chains!? Why does she not get more flow in her kit? LIKE EVERY OTHER REWORKED HERO GOT!?

I am so done with the Dev's...

Goat_of_Vermund
01-25-2019, 11:30 AM
It's outright shameful. Really, that was the solution for 6 months monitoring? That she will be viable with +1-3 damage buffs and small stamina buffs? And the execution part is bs, landing 20 damage heavies from guardbreaks barely helps with it. And you will tell again for six months now that the character is already reworked, not a priority.