PDA

View Full Version : Type IX D

Ahopelto
10-19-2005, 07:38 PM
I have been playing this game for a while, done 18 patrols. Its November of 41. I am still in a VIIC. I have not upgraded to a IX or any type because I'm waiting for the IXD to become available. IX B and C I have seen, but I don't want to waste the renown to buy 2 new U boats if I can upgrade straight to the IXD when it becomes available. Any idea when it becomes available. I know I'm in Lorient for sure but... 2nd flotilla, perhaps, (not totally sure on that though)

And by the way I'm using Real U Boat mod, if that effects Uboat availability in any way.

Ahopelto
10-19-2005, 07:38 PM
I have been playing this game for a while, done 18 patrols. Its November of 41. I am still in a VIIC. I have not upgraded to a IX or any type because I'm waiting for the IXD to become available. IX B and C I have seen, but I don't want to waste the renown to buy 2 new U boats if I can upgrade straight to the IXD when it becomes available. Any idea when it becomes available. I know I'm in Lorient for sure but... 2nd flotilla, perhaps, (not totally sure on that though)

And by the way I'm using Real U Boat mod, if that effects Uboat availability in any way.

Gunnersman
10-19-2005, 08:50 PM
Check the tech tree when your in port. I think the manual even shows it.
I dont know what the date is.

aurgolo
10-20-2005, 02:56 AM
I am at patrol 18 and (if not wrong) in the very beginning of 1943 (based at lorient). I have already switched to IXC but from the beginning of 1943 type IXD is available (if I am not wrong).

I decided to switch to IXC as soon as it was available in 1942 cause I am collecting rewards (faster than with VIIC)for the next switch to type XXI (better than IXD wich is more or less equal to IXC)

This evening at home I will check better in my carreer the dates of type IXD availability and tomorrow I will confirm. Anyway, stay based at lorient, it gives you a good chance to get new types as soon as they are available

This link should give you some more info:

http://www.communitymanuals.com/shiii/index.php?title=Submarines

ciao

a

aurgolo
10-21-2005, 03:02 AM
I have checked in my career, and confirm that IXD\2 is available from the very beginning of 1943 in lorient. I think is about 6000 reknown

Ciao

A

AO1_AW_SW_USN
10-21-2005, 11:03 PM
Read my post in "SH3 Unoffical BugList Collection Thread/List" and select page 16.

The IX-D2 has the endurance, but there's a nasty little bug that will test your patience when it comes to the weapons management screen.

Stick with the IXC/40, get the same ammount of bang for your renown (just less fuel and 2 less torpedoes). That's my ride of choice!