PDA

View Full Version : Really Enjoying the Game

onehitparry
12-05-2018, 06:44 PM
I thought I'd create a thread to celebrate what we enjoy about the game. One to serve as a way to share our positive experiences with ourselves, and find a way to funnel that feedback to the devs and the rest of the Ubi team.

Music: It may be nostalgia, but ACII's soundtrack is my favorite (the sea shantys from ACIV are right behind. "Help me, Bob I'm bully in the alley!").
Gameplay: The game play is pretty simplistic (in some ways it's a simplified Darkest Dungeon), but it still manages to be deep enough to offer plenty of gameplay decisions.
Art style: It's cute, but it also manages to animate clearly.
Character/player progression: I've tried other F2P rpgs before and I felt like I hit the soft pay wall pretty early on. I was worried I would have a similar experience with AC: Rebellion, but I've been pleasantly surprised with the pace at which I can level-up and rank-up my characters.

LMDMD1975
12-05-2018, 10:06 PM
Hear, hear!
I'd say it's very well done, overall.

UbiSnout
12-06-2018, 01:58 AM
I thought I'd create a thread to celebrate what we enjoy about the game. One to serve as a way to share our positive experiences with ourselves, and find a way to funnel that feedback to the devs and the rest of the Ubi team.

Music: It may be nostalgia, but ACII's soundtrack is my favorite (the sea shantys from ACIV are right behind. "Help me, Bob I'm bully in the alley!").
Gameplay: The game play is pretty simplistic (in some ways it's a simplified Darkest Dungeon), but it still manages to be deep enough to offer plenty of gameplay decisions.
Art style: It's cute, but it also manages to animate clearly.
Character/player progression: I've tried other F2P rpgs before and I felt like I hit the soft pay wall pretty early on. I was worried I would have a similar experience with AC: Rebellion, but I've been pleasantly surprised with the pace at which I can level-up and rank-up my characters.

Thanks for the appreciation onehitparry!

Are you excited for the Game Awards tomorrow? AC Odyssey is running for Game of The Year! And the best part is that you can vote for it! :cool:

Sef1n
12-06-2018, 01:08 PM
I really enjoy this little game as well.

This could perhaps evolve into some kind of turn based strategy like Xcom. I would love it :)

I would only say that special events needs a bit more details I think.
I managed to unlock both heroes, but those who started on a day one and knew that promoting increases bonus gain had a huge advantage imho.

Microtransaction model I hated it first, but now I must say it is actually good as it automatically blocks me from playing too much.
If I love the game as much as I love it now around Xmass i will drop some payment to support the team :) I liked the idea of fallout shelter, but this is so much better executed game