PDA

View Full Version : An Aramusha players's last request

RexXZ347
12-04-2018, 04:23 PM
It will be the last time that i will post in this forum because i have also lost interest in playing this game due to balance issues and bugs. But don't get me wrong, i will monitor the warriors den for updates and fixes. And if the reworks are right and just, i will come back. If not, i will leave the game for good. So here are the things i wanted the aramusha to have in his current condition:

1) Heavy Finisher: i think his heavy finisher is the key to his success. Give his heavy finisher the ability to be an unblockable so as to counter turtles. Hyper armor to counter guard reflex from 400ms attacks and to trade damage. It can also be feinted to a 500ms light attack like it used to be. Or it can also be feinted into a 400ms kick to counter dodge attacks.

2) Dodge Attacks - most of the heroes have this. Besided, he is a hybrid with half an assassin blood, why not give him too? Even jiang jun which is a heavy has this.

3) Untelegraphic 500ms lights - yup, the biggest downside of the aramusha is his telegraphic chains which makes him hard to use on high gameplay. It needs also to be 500ms not 400ms so that new players can learn to block it easily. It also shouldn't be an infinite light spam chain. Only a 1-2 light chain then needs a heavy finisher then 1-2 light chain.

4) An Opener - maybe a roundhouse kick follow up by a light attack. Again. To counter turtles. And give us the opportunity to spam our own openers.

5) A little bit of health - maybe 25 points more.

This game is a good game. The only problem is that the community isn't heard of their concerns and the devs are slow in working on the balance issues. And if they did, they aren't tested and ends up being broken or useless. So here are my suggestions to help the devs to ease their work even though i am not a ubisoft employee.

Siegfried-Z
12-04-2018, 04:48 PM
It will be the last time that i will post in this forum because i have also lost interest in playing this game due to balance issues and bugs. But don't get me wrong, i will monitor the warriors den for updates and fixes. And if the reworks are right and just, i will come back. If not, i will leave the game for good. So here are the things i wanted the aramusha to have in his current condition:

1) Heavy Finisher: i think his heavy finisher is the key to his success. Give his heavy finisher the ability to be an unblockable so as to counter turtles. Hyper armor to counter guard reflex from 400ms attacks and to trade damage. It can also be feinted to a 500ms light attack like it used to be. Or it can also be feinted into a 400ms kick to counter dodge attacks.

2) Dodge Attacks - most of the heroes have this. Besided, he is a hybrid with half an assassin blood, why not give him too? Even jiang jun which is a heavy has this.

3) Untelegraphic 500ms lights - yup, the biggest downside of the aramusha is his telegraphic chains which makes him hard to use on high gameplay. It needs also to be 500ms not 400ms so that new players can learn to block it easily. It also shouldn't be an infinite light spam chain. Only a 1-2 light chain then needs a heavy finisher then 1-2 light chain.

4) An Opener - maybe a roundhouse kick follow up by a light attack. Again. To counter turtles. And give us the opportunity to spam our own openers.

5) A little bit of health - maybe 25 points more.

This game is a good game. The only problem is that the community isn't heard of their concerns and the devs are slow in working on the balance issues. And if they did, they aren't tested and ends up being broken or useless. So here are my suggestions to help the devs to ease their work even though i am not a ubisoft employee.

I agree Musha would need a real opener (why not a kick into light as you said) and a less telegraphed light chain.

But, otherwise, not too much about the rest.

A side dash attacks, well, why not. But Musha is good at punishing and a dash attack would maybe end in him beiing punished sometimes and reduce his BB use. So i'm not really sure a side dash attack would be interesting in his kit. But if so, i would prefer a dash attack as a bash.

For example why not a side kick into light just as warden side dodge sb ? It makes it less risky but not viable if spam because it feed revenge, sounds good.

About his HP pools, well except heavy Hybrids as LB or HL, others have assassins HP pool. Musha is not the only one, Valk, Shaolin and Cent have it too if i'm right.

But my main problem is your Heavy finisher proposal, if i understand well you would like it becoming UB + having HA + 500ms light SF + 400ms Bash SF... Talking about balance, it doesn't look balance. Specially if Musha got an opener with a dodge kick into light as we talk above.

I would recap it like that in my opinion :

1/Heavy finisher only potential change would be having HA on and keep the 400ms light softfeint
2/New mech with a side and front dodge into kick+Light
3/Tbh i would not change his chain if he get the others things we talk about. because while telegraphed if spam, you can easly mix it up with heavies and SF and it is also very good in anti-gank situation to have this infinite chain
4/new opener would be his Kick into light (which could chain)
5/I would not change his HP pool as it wouldn't be fair for the 3 others Hybrids which aren't heavy type

To end it, i would like to see his Zone and UB after BB mix up becoming SF (faster and less stam require).

So, it would still be a big buff : HA on heavy finisher + New dodge into kick + Softfeint Mix up on his UB (zone and BB).

He would not be the strongest char still, but a balanced one ? In my opinion yes :)

Herbstlicht
12-04-2018, 05:57 PM
Guess i kinda like Siegfrieds modified version. However, we would need a large damage nerf then. Musha is performing rather decent on console still and might become god tier with the proposed changes and his high damage. Unblockable finishers alone are incredibly strong, musha finishers already have ultra high damage and his punish (specially on revenge parry) right now has no equal (I think). So yes, I'd love for his moveset to become more diverse. But balancing goes a long way and you needa consider way more then just viability of moves.
Anyway, I feel musha won't get the love he needs and might forever be stuck with those damage buffs. The reason why I do think so actually is Nobushi. People asked for a lot of changes for a looong, long time. So that she doesn't feel so bad. But her "rework" was .. well just say not good. And she even belongs to the old cast. As long as Musha doesn't have major problems, I don't see him getting any flashy new moves.

Anyway, if I were allowed to make changes, it would be the following:
- massive damage nerf. Chain starting side lights 18 damage, top light 8 damage (make it for 400ms!) in chain lights 12 damage, feint lights 10 damage, chain starting heavys 22 damage (600ms!), in chain heavy 28 (700 ms) damage
- changes to his infinite chains:
-- the second light from the same direction is considered a finisher, undodgeable and does 22 damage - ends chain
-- if he follows a chain heavy with another heavy from the same direction, this will be an unblockable heavy for 50 damage, 800ms attack, costs 2x of normal heavy stamina
-- this new unblockable can be feinted normally
-- aramusha gets a new low damage (10) 600 ms undodgeable dodge attack, relatively high stamina cost so getting parried becomes dangerous. .
-- he can feint all his heavy attacks into a dodge attack (even the new unblockable)
-- no more restrictions for infinite chain besides 2x same attack type on same direction becomes a finisher.
-- relatively large timeframe to delay any attack in chain

This way Aramusha could be played as a spammy monster with not too stellar damage output in low level, so everyone gets their turn in light spam.
In higher level play, he needs to be careful with stamina but can now mix stuff up somewhat more. He needs his finisher as a pressure tool, with the new options though success is more likely.
He could easily initiate his chain and start pressuring his opponent, though he won't land a lot of damage when he doesn't utilize heavy attacks into finisher.

Anyway, what is way more realistic actually is that they just give back his 400ms top light and readjust damage numbers. If they were to do a little more, they'd even give him his punch on any parry (like shinobi gets an extra hit on parry) as a possible option (doing the same damage as a light attack). But ... as I said,I highly doubt we will see changes that really make him more fun to play. If you want this, you needa play the "real" reworked heroes or the WuLin.

Vendelkin
12-05-2018, 03:22 AM

I also main aramusha, but personally I feel all the things you proposed would make him very OP. However I agree he is just a little weak right now (especially in high tier play)
I do agree with a few of your points tho: 2 & 4.

2 Seriously. Hes a hybrid. we need a dodge attack. Right now the aramusha struggles particularily against people with bash mixups. I have a terrible time with the centurion, because even when I dodge his kicks after blocking a light I still have no advantage or ability to stop him from just chaining more moves.
Now certainly some people are better at this match up than I am, but for me having a dodge attack would make my movements far more varied against the centurion in particular. Also It just really feels like he needs a dodge attack of some kind. Assassin hybrid. And you are spot on. all 4 new WuLin have dodge attacks. I don't take issue with theirs, just the aramusha's lack thereof.

4. Yeah we need a bloody opener thats varied. Or we need a different way to access his Blade blockade locked moveset. There should be another way to trigger ring the bell (soft feint into it from chain finish top heavy? would help us overcome the back dodging meta, but this might be too strong since its kinda a guaranteed. Alternatively its damage could be nerfed and then guaranteed after a light) Or another way to access push back kick.

@Siegfried-Z later talks about aramusha's dodge attack maybe being a kick. I like this idea but it would have to be a very light kick, there are only two foreseeable ways this goes. it'd be similar to gladiators dodge jab, or it would be similar to shinobi's double dodge kick. Im not sure either of these options should be added to his kit, but if they were it would solve both his opener and dodge attack lack at the same time. I would prefer a dodge attack that was maybe a very light bleed attack like the Nobushi's (but please don't make it have terrible movement frames like the nobushi's) that doesn't initiate combo, but just applies a little bit of pressure and light stagger to the opponent.

I've been thinking about talking about aramusha's origins and his play style for weeks based on some readings, but I decided it didn't belong here so I'm linking the thread where I continue my thoughts after I have it up:
https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1968413-Aramusha-Stylistic-suggestions-for-a-buff-rework?p=13824374#post13824374

RexXZ347
12-05-2018, 02:50 PM
Thanks guys, your ideas are great. As siegfried have said i agree to that and that is what i mean. I'm sorry i didn't explain it better. And as what Herbstlicht said i also forgot to mention he will be having a big damage nerf so as not to be OP. I hope Ubisoft is listening to this and hopefully more people will comment their suggestions. Aramusha mains or not.

Siegfried-Z
12-06-2018, 12:42 AM
Thanks guys, your ideas are great. As siegfried have said i agree to that and that is what i mean. I'm sorry i didn't explain it better. And as what Herbstlicht said i also forgot to mention he will be having a big damage nerf so as not to be OP. I hope Ubisoft is listening to this and hopefully more people will comment their suggestions. Aramusha mains or not.

Herbstlicht and <vendelkin brings good points too. And let's hope it can reach the devs team.

About the dash Attack, in my mind it was exactly the same mech than Glad punch but with a guaranteed light (while Glad should have it too). This would result in a very situational dash to use and would help Musha at opening turtles and to have a new answer to some char with Bash mix up such as Cent, Conq or Valk.

I like the bash idea because i wouldn't like to see Musha becoming a dash machine as Shaman for example.

Anyway only this change would be enough i gess with his zone mix up becoming SF mec (very important for him too in my opinion). in the others hand yes he could have his infinite chains light nerfed a bit in terms of dmg.

But, let's be honest, Musha has a small playerbase who loves him. And in this kind of situation, it take a very long time to be heard. Valk (which i love too) is a very good example.

Anyway, i will always enjoy my Mushu boy ^^

Ubiflowessence
12-06-2018, 02:39 AM

Sorry to hear you will be stepping away from the game, but thank you for the feedback and for sharing your suggestions! We do have changes on balance coming to the game such as Shugoki's rework, among other changes/bug fixes coming in season 9. What did you find most frustrating playing Aramusha as in comparison to other heroes and how did that impact your overall enjoyment of the game?

Also, thank you to everyone else who've also shared their opinions on this thread as well! Feel free to also share how Aramusha's current build impacts your overall enjoyment of the game and why you think he should be looked at.

Vendelkin
12-06-2018, 03:59 AM
Sorry to hear you will be stepping away from the game, but thank you for the feedback and for sharing your suggestions! We do have changes coming on balance coming to the game such as Shugoki's rework, among other changes/bug fixes coming in season 9. What did you find most frustrating playing Aramusha as in comparison to other heroes and how did that impact your overall enjoyment of the game?

Also, thank you to everyone else who've also shared their opinions on this thread as well! Feel free to also share how Aramusha's current build impacts your overall enjoyment of the game and why you think he should be looked at.

As said above for me really the biggest thing is his lack of a dodge attack. An opener would be nice, but the lack of a dodge attack is what hinders him the most IMO.

Blade blockade being near useless in high tier play is a bit frustrating, but at the end of the day not a huge deal if he gets a few other options (such as a dodge attack), However I personally think the recovery frames on it are too long. An alternative to fixing recovery would be to enable him to do some small pressure move out of it similar to nobushi hidden stance then light attack, jj's sifu then zone, or valks block then dash etc. Even being able to cancel it's recovery with a dodge would be wonderful. In short why is this move more punishable than other full blocks/dodge startup poises?

A bash dodge attack would fix both opener and mobility issues. (similar to gladiator ) As it stands now I have really bad matchups against very good feinty wardens (rare and these guys honestly impress the heck out of me), Centurions, Valkyrie, and Conquerors. Highlanders can be hard to punish too because of lack of dodge attack but its not as big a problem as it is against centurion, valk, and conqueror. Earlier in this thread I post a link to another thread with a bunch of my ideas (not well thought out balance wise, but style wise) which could be used for any new attacks. The rest of the cast I generaly feel pretty balanced against.

Honestly the aramusha isn't in a terrible place. In actual play the only time I get frustrated with anyone is when they keep back dodging every single one of my attacks or deadly feints (if I ever even get far enough in a combo to deadly feint) Nearly everything the aramusha can put out offense wise (without first countering somehow) can be dodged with a back step well practiced. This is definitely the thing that needs looking at the most in terms of his current gameplay.

Implementing or changing all of the things I mention above tho might make him OP, testing would be required of course, but just a few changes might make him feel better. Again I want to stress tho that IMO giving him a dodge attack of some kind would help him the most. He is a hybrid heavy/ASSASSIN so this seems reasonable to me.

My favorite aspect of his gameplay? whenever you get an infinite chain going (blocked or not) to do more than 1 deadly feint it's always extremely satisfying (on console btw) Also the movement on his forward dash attacks are very stylistically pleasant to perform (feinted or otherwise).

Cosmetic wise I would love to see more executions featuring swordplay rather than bare-handed in the future. A blade flurry, or respectful kill would both be a nice change.

Style wise aramusha is kinda wrong, but IMO it's too late to change. two handed sword fighting is less about sweeps coming from the same direction and more about counters (superior blocks in essence) where he blocks the attack with one sword to stab simultaneously with the other. This being said I do not think superior block belongs in his kit with how he fits into the game. Too many of his attacks are sweep attacks with both blades going the same direction. I do understand why this has to be how it is tho to fit into the game. For that reason I'll again express my love for his deadly feints and light attacks during his infinite chain. That is how he should move and feel.

Siegfried-Z
12-06-2018, 10:23 AM
Sorry to hear you will be stepping away from the game, but thank you for the feedback and for sharing your suggestions! We do have changes coming on balance coming to the game such as Shugoki's rework, among other changes/bug fixes coming in season 9. What did you find most frustrating playing Aramusha as in comparison to other heroes and how did that impact your overall enjoyment of the game?

As it is said in the Vendelkin Recap, a good solution to solve both his Opener and his ability to punish some bashy char with fast recovery would be the same mech as Glad punch but with a kick which would not push back the oppenent that far than BB kick and then guaranteed a light which could chain.
For example in terms of animation (let's take a left dodge), he could makes a left foot step and then landing a spinning back kick to the body and the light.

Another important Musha problem currently is that his zone is very important in his gameplay but feinting into whatever else is kind of slow and require a huge amount of stam. A softfeint mech would be nice on his zone to solve this.
With these 2 adjustments i think he would be perfectly balance.

And as we talk about Glad punch, let's give him a guaranteed light after too and let's fix his guard please, everyone ask for it for what ? Since release ?^^

Card1acArrest
12-06-2018, 04:17 PM
Knight raime posted a summary of his proposals some time back from a pro viewpoint. See other post on that.

========

Then to my thoughts..:

A deadly feint on second part of zone is a very interesting idea. Right now it alway gets parried.

Blade blokade side finishers are never used. Remove them or allow a deadly feint on them. Same boost idea as valk got on her second zone hit (bash).

Side dodge actions.. i usually pull off a gb when i dodge a kick or similar. What is his recovery time? 600ms is standard? I agree he needs a viable counter to bashes if he very rarely get in a gb on dodge. It comes down to what Ubi wants this guy to reflect. To me he is a hybrid tank and should not dodge attack. Give him something else that reasonably well counters a bash.

Blade blockade. Sometimes i just dont get it up in time even if i buffer it. Can it be tweaked slightly? It is one of his defining moves, so keep making it viable and cool! I love how it can stop light spam.

Light chains, almost never dare use them, i always go for the deadly feints. Less risk and more reward also if i let the heavy fly.

I love his dash hyperarmour with cancel or cancel to blockage or gb. As pointed out by many it is not really an opener though. Of you added a deadly feint to this.. it would be a real opener. But would it suit his character?

I love his damage as it is now, a 40 raw damage side heavy in 600 ms is really good. Also his start up on such hits seem almost uniterruptible from gb. If it gets parried i only eat a light damage back.

Remember he gets 25 damage on heavy parry, this is really good and it allows a deadly feint on second heavy.

Can ubi be more clear on what the idea of him is? To me he is a light tank with bb and rock steady as well as static guard.

He sucks at applying pressure as feints can be backstepped, is this how you want him, Ubi.? Personally i dont often see ppl doing this.

The dash attacks to chase sort of resets the whole fight andit is really easy to just block, is this the idea?

Vendelkin
12-07-2018, 03:27 AM
@Card1acArrest. I agree a lot with what you say but MASSIVELY disagree with your reasoning for him not having a dodge attack.
Heavy means tank. Hybrid means combination of two types. Its already very affirmed he is a heavy/assasin hybrid.
Further if they are trying to make him a tank i again strongly disagree. Hes wearing cloth armor for one thing.

Other thoughts
I actually do use the side finisher and frequently hard feint out of it into a top light/heavy. Its hard to do but is very effective. So adding deadly feint to it would be nice, but doesnt actually do anything to his potential, just decreases his skill cieling.

The problem with side dodge gb for me is for some reason aramusha has very small forward movement when gbing, especially on stairs or slanted map sections. I wiff more GBs with aramusha than any other hero.

I wouldnt call rock steady or BB tank specific mechs. BB is closer to a counter than other full block stances are.
Rock steady doesnt reduce dmg it just reduces punishes, and in aramushas case ive always thought of it being because of his agility.

That said all his perks are tank/heavy perks @_@

Vendelkin
12-07-2018, 03:55 AM
For Info:
According to the Wiki

"The Aramusha are a Samurai fallen from grace, wielding a pair of blades. They are not silent nor elegant but they move with the precision of a predatory cat and waste no movements. Their dual blades make short work of any who stands before them, while their technique makes them both evasive and indomitable."
Except I never see the evasive manifest.

And on the For Honor website

"The Aramusha is a Samurai fallen from grace. They are not silent nor elegant but they move with the precision of a predatory cat and waste no movements. Their dual blades make short work of any who stand to them.

The Aramusha and Shinobi are members of the same secret order though their roles are vastly different. Where the Shinobi are the silent assassin, the Aramusha are the brash enforcers or sometimes the bodyguards for the more powerful Samurai houses. They once fought for an honorable cause but circumstances (betrayal, greed, ego) have pushed them to abandon their oaths. There is no air of mystery about them, they are simply elite warriors who wield dual katana with deadly grace. The Samurai have called on one of their most ruthless weapons and they are about to be unleashed on the battlefield.

FIGHTING STYLE
Aramushas use their blades for offense and defense. They can move very carefully or dodge very quickly on the battlefield. They capitalize on the mistakes of their opponents to unleash a never ending flow of fast attack in every direction."
"They can move very carefully or dodge very quickly on the battlefield."
movement we have, but dodging and evasiveness is certainly something we miss that is described.

NorioTheOreo2.0
12-07-2018, 11:00 AM
I would highly recommend putting aramusha back in his original state. My reasoning pertains to the new faction warriors having great speeds on light attacks... which aramusha has lost. Your game is very cool by the way. It brings fighting games to a new level!!! and... I realized the soft faints are faster. Smart thinking.

RexXZ347
12-08-2018, 03:34 AM
What did you find most frustrating playing Aramusha as in comparison to other heroes and how did that impact your overall enjoyment of the game?

The most frustrating for me is when other players spam their openers at me while i don't have anything to fight back. Aramusha literally needs to turtle to compete. Almost useless kit. After seeing the jiang jun's heavy having unblockables and hyper armor i think the aramusha heavy finisher shoukd also have both with damage reduction and at 1000 ms. He needs to have one opener that can chain to light. Like how the glad jab is and unpredictable 500ms light chains. These are the changes they need to do to make aramusha a wu lin level hero. These comparisons were made from wu lin heroes and not from OG heroes because i know they will be buffed too.

Lukettle
12-11-2018, 01:59 PM
Yes to any side attack or bash or just anything after dodge, infact, why are there still characters that cant do anything at all after dodge? Its nonsense! Everyone should have something.

CravenExtrez
12-11-2018, 09:18 PM
I never played aramusha, but I agree with an opener.

Ubiflowessence
12-12-2018, 01:37 AM
Thanks for the response guys! I'll gather this feedback and share it with the team!

The_Sun_Danc3
12-12-2018, 02:08 AM
I agree Musha would need a real opener (why not a kick into light as you said) and a less telegraphed light chain.

But, otherwise, not too much about the rest.

A side dash attacks, well, why not. But Musha is good at punishing and a dash attack would maybe end in him beiing punished sometimes and reduce his BB use. So i'm not really sure a side dash attack would be interesting in his kit. But if so, i would prefer a dash attack as a bash.

For example why not a side kick into light just as warden side dodge sb ? It makes it less risky but not viable if spam because it feed revenge, sounds good.

About his HP pools, well except heavy Hybrids as LB or HL, others have assassins HP pool. Musha is not the only one, Valk, Shaolin and Cent have it too if i'm right.

But my main problem is your Heavy finisher proposal, if i understand well you would like it becoming UB + having HA + 500ms light SF + 400ms Bash SF... Talking about balance, it doesn't look balance. Specially if Musha got an opener with a dodge kick into light as we talk above.

I would recap it like that in my opinion :

1/Heavy finisher only potential change would be having HA on and keep the 400ms light softfeint
2/New mech with a side and front dodge into kick+Light
3/Tbh i would not change his chain if he get the others things we talk about. because while telegraphed if spam, you can easly mix it up with heavies and SF and it is also very good in anti-gank situation to have this infinite chain
4/new opener would be his Kick into light (which could chain)
5/I would not change his HP pool as it wouldn't be fair for the 3 others Hybrids which aren't heavy type

To end it, i would like to see his Zone and UB after BB mix up becoming SF (faster and less stam require).

So, it would still be a big buff : HA on heavy finisher + New dodge into kick + Softfeint Mix up on his UB (zone and BB).

He would not be the strongest char still, but a balanced one ? In my opinion yes :)

Honestly unless they took away his blade blockade he would turn into god tier (on console at least) even with the revised buffs in your post. Aramusha was just 4th best in duel win percentages in platinum+ if you read this seasons state of balance. These changes (maybe even after taking away his blade blockade) will most likely make another Aramusha meta like when he first dropped and his pick rate will shoot up to (or even higher) than wardens was in last state of balance (which I believe was 22.9%.
I definitely understand wanting to buff our mains, but you’re asking for a lot which would definitely make him one of the most powerful (if not the most powerful) in the game.
But I think giving him the kick into light opener would honestly be a good idea. Adding that alone I think would increase his playability a lot

The_Sun_Danc3
12-12-2018, 02:10 AM
The most frustrating for me is when other players spam their openers at me while i don't have anything to fight back. Aramusha literally needs to turtle to compete. Almost useless kit. After seeing the jiang jun's heavy having unblockables and hyper armor i think the aramusha heavy finisher shoukd also have both with damage reduction and at 1000 ms. He needs to have one opener that can chain to light. Like how the glad jab is and unpredictable 500ms light chains. These are the changes they need to do to make aramusha a wu lin level hero. These comparisons were made from wu lin heroes and not from OG heroes because i know they will be buffed too.

Only his heavy opener has hyper armor and it’s really slow. His unblockable is extremely predictable too. It’s pretty much got a 90% parry rate at gold and above

The_Sun_Danc3
12-12-2018, 02:16 AM
@Card1acArrest. I agree a lot with what you say but MASSIVELY disagree with your reasoning for him not having a dodge attack.
Heavy means tank. Hybrid means combination of two types. Its already very affirmed he is a heavy/assasin hybrid.
Further if they are trying to make him a tank i again strongly disagree. Hes wearing cloth armor for one thing.

Other thoughts
I actually do use the side finisher and frequently hard feint out of it into a top light/heavy. Its hard to do but is very effective. So adding deadly feint to it would be nice, but doesnt actually do anything to his potential, just decreases his skill cieling.

The problem with side dodge gb for me is for some reason aramusha has very small forward movement when gbing, especially on stairs or slanted map sections. I wiff more GBs with aramusha than any other hero.

I wouldnt call rock steady or BB tank specific mechs. BB is closer to a counter than other full block stances are.
Rock steady doesnt reduce dmg it just reduces punishes, and in aramushas case ive always thought of it being because of his agility.

That said all his perks are tank/heavy perks @_@

Would you trade blade blockade for a dodge attack. Because Aramusha already has rushing wind which is a dodge attack. Increasing to a better dodge attack which can dodge left and right at well would put him towards the more assassin side of hybrid thus meaning he shouldn’t get blade blockade

Vendelkin
12-12-2018, 04:33 AM
Would you trade blade blockade for a dodge attack. Because Aramusha already has rushing wind which is a dodge attack. Increasing to a better dodge attack which can dodge left and right at well would put him towards the more assassin side of hybrid thus meaning he shouldn’t get blade blockade

Personally i dont think he needs to lose BB to gain a side dodge attack (if just the kick or light bump into a light opener chain starter). Also forward dodge attacks arent really dodge attacks. Its more appropriate to call them dash attacks, you cant "dodge" anything with them. Maybe an exterior attacker but meh.

However yea I would happily trade BB for side dodge openers AS LONG as Aramusha would still have access to all BB locked moves through parries. (Or something but that seems the most logical choice) Unfortunately this could also be a buff tho because BB cant handle unblockables, but parry can. So it would be a sideways change (lose the full block to gain better access to his BB locked kit via parries) also im sure some people would complain about losing his regular fluidity post parry, especially when accidentally performing the extremely slow unblockable side heavy.

If we flat lost blade blockade even gaining a dodge attack all wed really have is infinite combos.... that can be back dodged for eternity.

Vendelkin
12-14-2018, 04:29 AM
Gods does he need an opener. Against turtling valks or shaolins in breach. Its impossible to kill skilled ones as aramusha without breaking through at least 1 round of revenge.

Vendelkin
12-14-2018, 04:31 AM
Also @The_Sun_Dance if bb is locked to heavy why does valkyrie have full block? And if dodge attack is locked to assasins why does jiang jun have a dodge attack? Tbh there is very little sacred to any specific role in this game. About the only consistent guarantees are movement speed and healthpool.

BTW Valk is an example of a hybrid with full block and... woah dodge attacks. And woah 400 ms light near spam. And woah counters pushes and disables/trips. Point being a lot of the arguments people try to use against an aramusha buff would fail most other new or reworked hereos because of their kits.