PDA

View Full Version : question about joysticks

F4U_Flyer
10-05-2005, 08:25 PM
I just picked up a thrustmaster top gun ffb from the internet mostly for the throttle but after using it i have a question? I have been using a ms precision pro 2 for a few years now and with stick settings of 100 across the board have been able to fly just fine. After plugging in the new stick it is a jittery as all get up , constant adjusting for somewhat level flight and it seems to be a little sluggish in its reach. Is it just a crappy stick or are all sticks that much different from each other? I guess i will have to go in and change my stick settings to get a better feel.anyone have a recomend on this stick or should i just fly my old stick and use the throttle from the new one. Thanks for any help and answers!

F4U_Flyer
10-05-2005, 08:25 PM
I just picked up a thrustmaster top gun ffb from the internet mostly for the throttle but after using it i have a question? I have been using a ms precision pro 2 for a few years now and with stick settings of 100 across the board have been able to fly just fine. After plugging in the new stick it is a jittery as all get up , constant adjusting for somewhat level flight and it seems to be a little sluggish in its reach. Is it just a crappy stick or are all sticks that much different from each other? I guess i will have to go in and change my stick settings to get a better feel.anyone have a recomend on this stick or should i just fly my old stick and use the throttle from the new one. Thanks for any help and answers!

tagTaken2
10-06-2005, 03:06 AM
I'd go with the old stick, and the new throttle. Life is too short to put up with a dice stick, and fiddling with the settings constantly. I've just picked up a new sidewinder http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif, and have realised that every one I've had prior has been rubbish.

Maple_Tiger
10-06-2005, 04:13 AM
Try this for Pitch and Roll.

35 37 40 45 52 60 70 80 90 100