PDA

View Full Version : with this changes ,will be more easy to balance the game on all platforms

matt89connor
12-01-2018, 08:57 AM
*make parry punish garantee only a light besides some special counter (where that garantee dmg can't be more than 20).

*remove 400 ms lights (make peace with console).

*heavy block dmg can kill but decrease the dmg from 13% of original dmg to 10% (will force people on reaction at low health ) .

With this changes, some heroes will become bad i know, but some ones become better, and tho balance all the game will be more easy without put super safe moves or 400ms attacks also, the others defensive moves that are more hard to use than parry system will become more important and so the heroes with that.

note:
(you can put some lights that can continue the chain even if blocked ,like shugoki superior light property, so heroes without unblocables can try combos).

matt89connor
12-03-2018, 04:23 PM
tell me what do you think

Roseguard_Cpt
12-03-2018, 05:27 PM
I think that the whole roster would need to be reworked like Kensei where they have plenty of options so that way each character can mindgame.
Take Nuxia for example. Without 400ms lights she has nothing viable. Heavies will be parried, at 500ms her lights will be parried, and her traps are already easy to read and ignore.
I feel parrying should be left as is.

Herbstlicht
12-03-2018, 05:27 PM
I still continue to wonder why people have a problem with guaranteed damage after you failed to defend against a 500ms attack or feint. I mean warlords headbutt is 500ms and virtually no one on console dodges this. So - free damyge for warlord. But its ok. Decreasing parry punish will make ganks even more effective. If there is anything one could do too make life easier on console, how about speeding up guardswitch delay to whatever is viable without cheating the server by just cycling the guard widget. Of course, make delay for static guard heros after guard switch unified with assassins too. Better responsiveness for everyone. On pc the first change might be tricky due to the possibility of strengthening turtling. But the second one would help there too.

matt89connor
12-03-2018, 11:55 PM
I still continue to wonder why people have a problem with guaranteed damage after you failed to defend against a 500ms attack or feint. I mean warlords headbutt is 500ms and virtually no one on console dodges this. So - free damyge for warlord. But its ok. Decreasing parry punish will make ganks even more effective. If there is anything one could do too make life easier on console, how about speeding up guardswitch delay to whatever is viable without cheating the server by just cycling the guard widget. Of course, make delay for static guard heros after guard switch unified with assassins too. Better responsiveness for everyone. On pc the first change might be tricky due to the possibility of strengthening turtling. But the second one would help there too.

hmm you say that speeding up the changing of the guard could help?

matt89connor
12-03-2018, 11:57 PM
I think that the whole roster would need to be reworked like Kensei where they have plenty of options so that way each character can mindgame.
Take Nuxia for example. Without 400ms lights she has nothing viable. Heavies will be parried, at 500ms her lights will be parried, and her traps are already easy to read and ignore.
I feel parrying should be left as is.

certainly, with these changes all the heroes must have a way to attack as well as an "opening", certainly the nuxia would have problems but if you speed the heavy slightly the trap becomes more powerful.

Herbstlicht
12-04-2018, 10:17 AM
hmm you say that speeding up the changing of the guard could help?
Yes, very much so. We are were used to faster guard switching. Now that it's delayed for everyone it feels and plays worse. And of course, when the game reacts faster, you can easier react. Dunno by how much, but I guess they could maybe shaving off around 50 Ms with faster stance change. That would help tons on console.

However, I doubt they do this. Not that they don't care about console. But they are ignorant looking into specific issues and only care about mixed input season starts and balance that's only okish for all platforms.