PDA

View Full Version : Maybe theyr easing guns in?

gsosolid
11-28-2009, 05:36 AM
I couldn't help but think that the "pistol" used in AC2, was a little thing to help us ease into using guns in AC3?

I mean, its not (the pistol) much different than Throwing knives is it? (except its a 1 shot kill, whereas knives could take up to 2 or 3)
So why involve it? Yeah its cool, but I just feel like there's more to it.

Another thing is, does anyone think Desmond will have the double hidden blade? Because I don't think he does at the end of AC2

gsosolid
11-28-2009, 05:36 AM
I couldn't help but think that the "pistol" used in AC2, was a little thing to help us ease into using guns in AC3?

I mean, its not (the pistol) much different than Throwing knives is it? (except its a 1 shot kill, whereas knives could take up to 2 or 3)
So why involve it? Yeah its cool, but I just feel like there's more to it.

Another thing is, does anyone think Desmond will have the double hidden blade? Because I don't think he does at the end of AC2

DoggySpew
11-28-2009, 06:41 AM
Well, AC3 is up to speculation. Either it is a non-Animus one, where Desmond Miles goes around being the Assassin in present dayish settings. Guns should not be a shocker there, but it would compromise the whole silent and stealthy Assassin thing they've going on now.

Second option where it is another run with the Animus, but again going further into the future (or later in the past), where guns are around, but still not handy and all available.

monkeyuncle8
11-28-2009, 07:09 AM
I had a great idea about ac3 that it could take place during the times the Germanic tribe and the Romans were at war.this is great because the Germanic tribes tactics were hit and run, they took down one tenth of the roman armor and they had a person on the roman side that betrayed the Romans which is the main reason why the won the battle

Also if they were slowly introducing guns, why did we get throwing knives instead of a crossbow

bushinosaya
11-28-2009, 07:49 AM
Roman/Germanic wars? Really? :/

Ok, instead of a city we would have some forest or plain... that would enhance the gameplay greatly http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Once again ( because people tend to overlook the important data and focus on useless information ) :

1. Each time period/location is very uniqe and not overused in video games.
2. Each time period was a key moment in human history.

wieetsguy
11-28-2009, 08:04 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bushinosaya:
Roman/Germanic wars? Really? :/

Ok, instead of a city we would have some forest or plain... that would enhance the gameplay greatly http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Once again ( because people tend to overlook the important data and focus on useless information ) :

1. Each time period/location is very uniqe and not overused in video games.
2. Each time period was a key moment in human history. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Spanish America.
1. I don't think there's any game that's ever done South and Central America during the Spanish conquests.
2. It's a major turning point in human history, new lands were discovered and it would soon open the gates to a major population shift, create dozens of new states, massive influences, and create several empires and give birth to the greatest empire to ever exist in history (the British Empire).

Why Spanish America, and not British or French? Because the game hints in Minerva's monologue about the location, when she tells him that he needs to find another temple, and then a Mayan pyramid is projected on the wall.

monkeyuncle8
11-28-2009, 10:04 AM
The Germanic/roman wars were also a great time in history, because it started the decline of the roman empire, in fact because the Germanic tribes killed so many of the roman warriors one of the leaders went insane