PDA

View Full Version : What I don't get about TWCB (are they bad guys?)

Mikatsuki95
08-02-2011, 01:41 PM
Now I that I give it some thought I wonder, what the hell was wrong with this civilization? We know they came before humans and were apparently incredibly smart. You'd have to be to create a whole new species (humans).

It's clear they created humans for the sole purpose to make them their workers as we saw in the truth video. Now if they were so smart why create a slave race to do what some machine could? We do that today. I'm sure they were capable of such. I'm beginning to think as smart as they were, they may have bordered along the lines of evil. They were literally slavers, and they obviously didn't want to free the humans, otherwise there wouldn't have been a "betrayal" as Minerva called it. And in the truth in AC2, they pointed out that guns (the "monster")didn't come from man. (just wanted to throw that last part in there)

My next note, TWCB are no better morally than humans, just smarter. Juno went on and on about how we can't perceive like them, how limited our minds are. Looking down on humans even when she said "we should have left you as were". Yet she clearly said she kept the sixth sense from humans and 'then' "tired" to return it by mating with humans. So if humans can't perceive like them, by their own words its their fault for keeping the sixth sense away from them in the first place. And remember the neurotransmitters in the truth? They made humans specifically designed to react like a slave to the POE. "manufactured to obey" as 16 said.

But what I said earlier, they are no better morally. Minerva said they built humans in their image. So the only difference really is they're just smarter. Plus they Minerva and Juno didn't seem to see anything wrong with making a slave race. Apparently humans were wrong for again the "betrayal" just because they supposedly made them.

All this presented, this is my personal opinion here:TWCB were not some great people of an amazing civilization. Just a bunch of slavers with higher intelligence who got what they deserved when humans fought back. Again that last part was just me, but I tried to keep everything else close to the facts. What do the rest of you think about them?

Mikatsuki95
08-02-2011, 01:41 PM
Now I that I give it some thought I wonder, what the hell was wrong with this civilization? We know they came before humans and were apparently incredibly smart. You'd have to be to create a whole new species (humans).

It's clear they created humans for the sole purpose to make them their workers as we saw in the truth video. Now if they were so smart why create a slave race to do what some machine could? We do that today. I'm sure they were capable of such. I'm beginning to think as smart as they were, they may have bordered along the lines of evil. They were literally slavers, and they obviously didn't want to free the humans, otherwise there wouldn't have been a "betrayal" as Minerva called it. And in the truth in AC2, they pointed out that guns (the "monster")didn't come from man. (just wanted to throw that last part in there)

My next note, TWCB are no better morally than humans, just smarter. Juno went on and on about how we can't perceive like them, how limited our minds are. Looking down on humans even when she said "we should have left you as were". Yet she clearly said she kept the sixth sense from humans and 'then' "tired" to return it by mating with humans. So if humans can't perceive like them, by their own words its their fault for keeping the sixth sense away from them in the first place. And remember the neurotransmitters in the truth? They made humans specifically designed to react like a slave to the POE. "manufactured to obey" as 16 said.

But what I said earlier, they are no better morally. Minerva said they built humans in their image. So the only difference really is they're just smarter. Plus they Minerva and Juno didn't seem to see anything wrong with making a slave race. Apparently humans were wrong for again the "betrayal" just because they supposedly made them.

All this presented, this is my personal opinion here:TWCB were not some great people of an amazing civilization. Just a bunch of slavers with higher intelligence who got what they deserved when humans fought back. Again that last part was just me, but I tried to keep everything else close to the facts. What do the rest of you think about them?

LightRey
08-02-2011, 02:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mikatsuki95:

All this presented, this is my personal opinion here:TWCB were not some great people of an amazing civilization. Just a bunch of slavers with higher intelligence who got what they deserved when humans fought back. Again that last part was just me, but I tried to keep everything else close to the facts. What do the rest of you think about them? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well as Minerva said: "[they] simply came before".
I'd say TWCB were mostly just a bunch of a-holes that eventually went like "oh shi-" when we "betrayed" them for being such a-holes. Now ofc this whole thing went out of control and that whole war came. Then there's this whole "the world became undone" thing, which made everyone go "oh shi-", especially TWCB because apparently that was the beginning of their end.
And then came the age of man...

blazefp
08-02-2011, 05:12 PM
Or maybe they were the Neanderthal people. That explains why they were smarter http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Is a good theory there but that made me think. What if they weren't really from this planet, probably a neighboring planet or satellite but they couldn't live on Earth because they weren't prepared to. So they "planted" microorganisms on Earth that could survive to our atmosphere in order to create intelligent life and then enslave us.
We are already giving the firsts steps to occupy a near planet or even a satellite so I guess it could be possible for a more clever population.
Scientists of today are already considering the possibility to go to one of Jupiter's moon (Europa) cuz there might be life there, though not as we know it. This moon is covered with a 10km thick lay of ice and is thought that bellow that is a 100km deep ocean but we can't actually see it because of the ice.
Anyway TWCB may be from a similar satellite so we couldn't see any of their structures or activities.

I've fought against a theory a little bit looked like this in another thread but that was because it involved worm wholes and stuff that made the theory completely improbable and it couldn't explain why they needed to create us. Well, I think I've found the answer to the last one: they couldn't survive in our planet's atmosphere and they needed something that they didn't had.

LightRey
08-02-2011, 05:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by blazefp:
Or maybe they were the Neanderthal people. That explains why they were smarter http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Is a good theory there but that made me think. What if they weren't really from this planet, probably a neighboring planet or satellite but they couldn't live on Earth because they weren't prepared to. So they "planted" microorganisms on Earth that could survive to our atmosphere in order to create intelligent life and then enslave us.
We are already giving the firsts steps to occupy a near planet or even a satellite so I guess it could be possible for a more clever population.
Scientists of today are already considering the possibility to go to one of Jupiter's moon (Europa) cuz there might be life there, though not as we know it. This moon is covered with a 10km thick lay of ice and is thought that bellow that is a 100km deep ocean but we can't actually see it because of the ice.
Anyway TWCB may be from a similar satellite so we couldn't see any of their structures or activities.

I've fought against a theory a little bit looked like this in another thread but that was because it involved worm wholes and stuff that made the theory completely improbable and it couldn't explain why they needed to create us. Well, I think I've found the answer to the last one: they couldn't survive in our planet's atmosphere and they needed something that they didn't had. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That's quite an interesting theory. It could quite well be true.
However, I think that the reason there aren't many of their structures to be found on earth is because most of it was destroyed when "the world became undone" (Minerva also mentions rebuilding the planet, suggesting that (almost) everything was destroyed).
Your theory would be an explanation for things like heaven though.

Abeonis
08-02-2011, 05:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
Now if they were so smart why create a slave race to do what some machine could?
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
They did, humanity was "the machine". It was a machine with the ability to do everything a mechanical one could, but also reason, think, adapt and survive (the main reason humanity was created).

No-one's ever said the First Civilisation are good guys. As you rightly point out, a lot of what they did could be construed as "evil"; however, they did realise the error of their ways after the Catastrophe, and made it their mission to ensure humanity survived the second such event.

LightRey
08-02-2011, 05:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Abeonis:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
Now if they were so smart why create a slave race to do what some machine could?
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
They did, humanity was "the machine". It was a machine with the ability to do everything a mechanical one could, but also reason, think, adapt and survive (the main reason humanity was created).

No-one's ever said the First Civilisation are good guys. As you rightly point out, a lot of what they did could be construed as "evil"; however, they did realise the error of their ways after the Catastrophe, and made it their mission to ensure humanity survived the second such event. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well, at least some of them did. Minerva never said all of them did, which suggests that there were some that didn't.

Humans being biological would probably make more sense than them being mechanical, yes. Biological organisms (lol, redundancy much?) are of course based on the same basic structures as other organisms on earth and can therefore more easily use them as food and as a means to evolve (like the bacteria living in our bodies that are a basic part of our biochemistry). Besides, if they were anything like the machines we build they wouldn't be able to use nanotechnology, which is very helpful.

SixKeys
08-02-2011, 05:59 PM
In Greek mythology, the gods were basically exactly as the OP described. They created humans and had more power, which is why they were worshipped, but they were by no means perfect. The gods could be petulant, angry, jealous, selfish and so forth. TWCB were obviously modeled along the lines of Greek/Roman gods. Powerful and smart, but not necessarily morally superior to humans.

Mikatsuki95
08-02-2011, 07:05 PM
@Abeonis:If I remember correctly both Minerva and Juno's interest was in saving the planet Earth and not humans. They said humans were their only hope left, not they wanted to save them. Also you make a good point saying how humans were the machine, my point was that it was basically morally wrong to force a living being to do, what some machinery could do instead.

@SixKeys:you are right about them being modeled after other gods. After all Minerva did say they had many different names throughout history. I guess this was their way of saying these gods weren't different beings. They were just a few individuals bearing multiple names.

Although I wonder what specifically did they want humans to do? Judging by the truth they were clearly making something, or maybe mining? Idk.
I once read a tale about how humans were made by aliens to mine gold in Africa. And in the wiki page the mountain in the truth had a strong resemblance to Mount Kilimanjaro I think? Now this story is labeled fictitious and so is AC so maybe they based part of the game off of this story. But like all of our theories its possible

I doubt they based the game off of that story. Either way I'll be surprised to find out who and what they really are.

Bipolar Matt
08-02-2011, 07:15 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> I once read a tale about how humans were made by aliens to mine gold in Africa </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ancient Sumer, the first known civilization on Earth. The story of TWCB is a lot like that of the Annunaki gods from ancient Sumer, in many ways. An advanced civilization arrives on earth and creates man as a slave race to do its labors. The first man created by the Annunaki was called "Adamu." And like TWCB, some of the Annunaki were good, some were bad. It's very likely even, that God and Satan in Abrahamic religions are a deviation of Enlil and Enki, the 2 chief Gods of ancient Sumer. It's interesting also to note that Enki was credited with the creation of humans by splicing the god DNA with that of Neanderthal man.

Mikatsuki95
08-02-2011, 07:20 PM
Good job, I couldn't word in all the details that well like you did. Personally I don't believe in coincidences. Given those points you brought up, I'm seeing one too many things in common there. I mean that's definitely no accident. My doubts of them basing TWCB off that story have just gone down some.

medcsu11
08-02-2011, 07:30 PM
I dont think we yet know if they have learned from the "error of their ways". In truth, they could be pulling strings to have revenge on mankind and be attempting to end the society.

There is no proof, what so ever, that they are good as of yet. In fact, 16 states "she isn't what she seems to be" (or something like that) which could very well be talking about Juno or Minerva. They COULD very well be evil and I wouldnt be surprised by that one bit. They did enslave mankind, after all, and would probably be pretty ****ed they died off due to an uprising. No real reason they would have a change of heart to help mankind that I can see. Hopefully ACR goes into this.

Azugo
08-03-2011, 09:29 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by blazefp:

I've fought against a theory a little bit looked like this in another thread but that was because it involved worm wholes and stuff that made the theory completely improbable and it couldn't explain why they needed to create us. Well, I think I've found the answer to the last one: they couldn't survive in our planet's atmosphere and they needed something that they didn't had. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Somebody from Ubisoft actually said (can't remember who it was. Also, don't ask me for the source as I cannot remember where I saw it) that TWCB are not aliens. Hence the ''First Civilization'' thing.

They were just the ''First Civilization'' to evolve on Earth, and created mankind to do their biddings.

blazefp
08-03-2011, 09:46 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Azugo:

Somebody from Ubisoft actually said (can't remember who it was. Also, don't ask me for the source as I cannot remember where I saw it) that TWCB are not aliens. Hence the ''First Civilization'' thing.

They were just the ''First Civilization'' to evolve on Earth, and created mankind to do their biddings. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well thank you then that screws up my theory xD

Anyway I talked about Neanderthals just for fun but can someone tell if that's wrong too? I think TWCB were more recent than them but I can't remember if anyone has ever confirmed that

Mikatsuki95
08-03-2011, 11:15 AM
Another thing I want to add here is if I wonder if to Ubisoft anyway, TWCB are based off fiction or history? Like I said earlier that Sumer story had one too many things in common with this game. If that's where they got it from then it would reveal and explain alot about the storyline regarding TWCB. Or at the very least give us some insight on what to expect.

Now I had assumed when the "betrayal" happened all the slavers of that civilization were killed, including Minerva and Juno. But Minerva only said they were "gone from this world". She didn't use the word "die" which is making me think. Then Juno said Desmond would "come to us (them)". All that talk about "the path" is so vague. 16, or rather the animus voice, spoke of the path in puzzle 10. Interesting note, Juno mentioned something about when Desmond would come find them, he would "know only when it is too late". And 16 said it was "too late to save them" and all he held dear was already gone. I think there's a connection there. But if it is "too late" why bother telling him to search for the temples? That's another thing I just don't get about TWCB. But if they truly aren't dead (I assume they're not cuz you can't find and talk to dead people) then where the hell are they? If they aren't dead then what stops them from saving Earth themselves?

One last thing I want to add before I forget. In the truth video we saw some biblical things there. We saw Adam, Eve, the apple, Eden, and "god" (TWCM cuz they gave humans life). One part is missing here in the biblical story of the Garden of Eden:where's the snake? the one who told Eve to take the apple? They've got every other major piece of story in their own way so I wonder if they'll include their version of the snake that tempted Eve. And the only reptilian reference I can think of in AC universe is one of 16's blood messages, "Within Emperor Jiajing's sin and Quetzcoaltz's hunger lies the Answers." Referring to that Aztec god.

I could be wrong however. But I hope to see an explanation for this soon.

Bipolar Matt
08-03-2011, 11:39 AM
@Mikatsuki95

I mentioned Enki earlier. He was humanity's creator/protector in the Sumerian myths. He was actually the more humane, gentle of the two Gods. Enlil was sort of an insane, dictatorial psychopath.

Anyway, it was Enki who encouraged Adamu to eat of the tree of knowledge of good and evil in Enlil's garden in E.Din. Why was this? Because we were slaves to the gods in ancient Sumer and Enki sought to free us and make us something greater. The "fruit" was probably knowledge and spiritual awareness.

Enki's symbol was the Caduceus, the twin snakes wrapped around a staff. The parallel to Christianity's "Satan", being the serpent encouraging Eve to eat the apple is obvious. Enki is also believed to be the core of Queztlcoatl, Hermes and other God myths centered around serpents.

I would love to see Ubisoft's take on this if they decide to go in this direction with TWCB.

Mikatsuki95
08-03-2011, 11:50 AM
Now that you mention that I do remember that now. I read a book on this once and how Enki was part of a Brotherhood of the Snake as well. They tried to free humanity and failed. then their group was taken over by the bad guys of their race.
It even talked about him being the snake in the garden, and when he was caught he was cursed to be known as the devil to humans for the rest of his lives (reincarnation).

Now if Ubisoft did base TWCB after this story that would mean this Enki guy in the AC universe would be a member of TWCB. That would make a lot more sense than literally having some kind of snake talking to Eve in the game.

blazefp
08-03-2011, 04:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mikatsuki95:
Another thing I want to add here is if I wonder if to Ubisoft anyway, TWCB are based off fiction or history? Like I said earlier that Sumer story had one too many things in common with this game. If that's where they got it from then it would reveal and explain alot about the storyline regarding TWCB. Or at the very least give us some insight on what to expect. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That would be an excellent question cuz if they answered "we canīt reveal that" (as they like to answer) it means that TWCB are based off history because if they are based off fiction, Ubi could certainly reveal it.

Now I had assumed when the "betrayal" happened all the slavers of that civilization were killed, including Minerva and Juno. But Minerva only said they were "gone from this world". She didn't use the word "die" which is making me think. Then Juno said Desmond would "come to us (them)". All that talk about "the path" is so vague. 16, or rather the animus voice, spoke of the path in puzzle 10. Interesting note, Juno mentioned something about when Desmond would come find them, he would "know only when it is too late". And 16 said it was "too late to save them" and all he held dear was already gone. I think there's a connection there. But if it is "too late" why bother telling him to search for the temples? That's another thing I just don't get about TWCB. But if they truly aren't dead (I assume they're not cuz you can't find and talk to dead people) then where the hell are they? If they aren't dead then what stops them from saving Earth themselves?

One last thing I want to add before I forget. In the truth video we saw some biblical things there. We saw Adam, Eve, the apple, Eden, and "god" (TWCM cuz they gave humans life). One part is missing here in the biblical story of the Garden of Eden:where's the snake? the one who told Eve to take the apple? They've got every other major piece of story in their own way so I wonder if they'll include their version of the snake that tempted Eve. And the only reptilian reference I can think of in AC universe is one of 16's blood messages, "Within Emperor Jiajing's sin and Quetzcoaltz's hunger lies the Answers." Referring to that Aztec god.

I could be wrong however. But I hope to see an explanation for this soon. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You'r making good points here http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif Keep up with that http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Mikatsuki95
08-03-2011, 04:34 PM
Thank you, but you yourself pointed out something important. If Ubisoft was confronted with this question directly and refused to comment, then yeah it should mean TWCB are based off of history. Cuz like you said, if was just based off of fiction then there's no reason not to tell us.

zerocooll21
08-04-2011, 09:44 AM
I wonder if that chemical composition you always see on loading screens or in backgrounds has anything to do with the "god gene".

Mikatsuki95
08-04-2011, 10:11 AM
Probably. He does carry their dna after all. Although I am a but interested more in eagle vision and its history. All I know is that it was called a sixth sense and came from TWCB. Like that red stuff he sees. I wonder if all of it is really blood. Like the map on the codex, I doubt Altair made that in his blood. Or the marking on the vault door. Even the password to the vault at the villa. That was scratched in there it wasn't blood. Yet it 'did' glow red didn't it? Then there was some kind of red image on the floor panel in eagle vision when you enter the vault. That definitely wasn't blood. Maybe there's some kind of distinction on how eagle vision works compared to when its used on people and objects (or writings really)?

http://images3.wikia.nocookie....es/2/25/Scroll04.jpg (http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110511123656/assassinscreed/images/2/25/Scroll04.jpg) (This is the image inside the vault I said glowed red in eagle vision. Look at the top of the page.)

http://images.wikia.com/assass.../5/50/Scroll04_2.jpg (http://images.wikia.com/assassinscreed/images/5/50/Scroll04_2.jpg) (That circle like thing at the top was glowing red and is the image I spoke of in more detail)

EDIT:@BipolarMatt:I just realized something new in common with that story. In AC2 in the truth puzzle Bloodlines. When you pick out those pictures and 16 says the assassins are children of two worlds(basically TWCB). Well notice its only male gods and female women who had sex in those pictures. Not the other way around. Just like story in Sumer. One more thing we find TWCB have common.

LightRey
08-04-2011, 11:17 AM
Probably. He does carry their dna after all. Although I am a but interested more in eagle vision and its history. All I know is that it was called a sixth sense and came from TWCB. Like that red stuff he sees. I wonder if all of it is really blood. Like the map on the codex, I doubt Altair made that in his blood. Or the marking on the vault door. Even the password to the vault at the villa. That was scratched in there it wasn't blood. Yet it 'did' glow red didn't it? Then there was some kind of red image on the floor panel in eagle vision when you enter the vault. That definitely wasn't blood. Maybe there's some kind of distinction on how eagle vision works compared to when its used on people and objects (or writings really)?

http://images3.wikia.nocookie....es/2/25/Scroll04.jpg (http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110511123656/assassinscreed/images/2/25/Scroll04.jpg) (This is the image inside the vault I said glowed red in eagle vision. Look at the top of the page.)

http://images.wikia.com/assass.../5/50/Scroll04_2.jpg (http://images.wikia.com/assassinscreed/images/5/50/Scroll04_2.jpg) (That circle like thing at the top was glowing red and is the image I spoke of in more detail)

EDIT:@BipolarMatt:I just realized something new in common with that story. In AC2 in the truth puzzle Bloodlines. When you pick out those pictures and 16 says the assassins are children of two worlds(basically TWCB). Well notice its only male gods and female women who had sex in those pictures. Not the other way around. Just like story in Sumer. One more thing we find TWCB have common. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
True. Also, it's very likely not all red stuff you can see with eagle vision means it's blood. Desmond could see the many fingerprints on the keypad in AC2 while escaping and they were red. I doubt they were touched by bleeding fingers. There are several other similar drawings that appear red and are unlikely to have been drawn in blood.

Mikatsuki95
08-04-2011, 11:40 AM
Oh yeah that's another example too. I hope they'll shed some light on this as well when they finally tell us about TWCB. I'm also hoping in the game that there 'were' some good guys apart of their race. If so it would make sense. Minerva talked about how we won the war cuz they were few and we were many. Meaning it must have been a small group from their species that made humans and lost. So unless they truly were nothing but a slaver race with a small population, then that means there were some good ones. Did they help us at all? That remains to be seen.

Bipolar Matt
08-06-2011, 09:25 PM
Ahh yes, forgot about the Brotherhood of the Snake. Good memory!

We will likely meet Jupiter in the game; maybe he will explain a lot of this to as part of the revelations?

Winter sucks. AC:R will help me get through it. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Mikatsuki95
08-06-2011, 10:10 PM
I hope so, it wouldy certainly be interesting to see. But since making this topic I'm becoming more and more convinced that TWCB are based off of the story of the Annunaki. Two recent things to point out that they have in common. ONE:TWCB don't look like humans. 'We' look like them. Humans were made in their image, and the same applies to both AC and the Annunaki.

TWO:in the truth we saw gods (TWCB) mating with human women to birth the assassins, children of two worlds. Only the male members of TWCB ever had children with human women. The same with the Annunaki. A female "god" never gave birth to a child with a human parent. To the best of my knowledge anyway. But the fact is they have the common theme of gods mating with humans.

Details worth mentioning in my opinion. I cant think of nor can I find a story more similar than the one of the Annunaki. They have too many things in common so I'm already not inclined to believe they made everything up about TWCB off the top of their heads. Again I've become more convinced this is where they based them off of since making this topic.