PDA

View Full Version : Things in school that make you mad

SFisher1993
12-05-2008, 07:14 PM
Just out of curiosity, but what are the things in school that make you mad? (Besides the absurd zero tolerance policy).One thing is when I have trouble on my work and the teacher says I don't try. (I'm a Sophmore btw).

SFisher1993
12-05-2008, 07:14 PM
Just out of curiosity, but what are the things in school that make you mad? (Besides the absurd zero tolerance policy).One thing is when I have trouble on my work and the teacher says I don't try. (I'm a Sophmore btw).

ROLNIK
12-05-2008, 07:46 PM
mainly the security measures and uniform policy.

SFisher1993
12-05-2008, 07:57 PM
There's a uniform policy in Poland? I go to to school in Texas and we don't have that policy, except on Wednsdays when we wear our ROTC uniforms. I agree about security, though. At my school you can't turn your head without seeing a ******ed camera.

xXsh4d0w.w0lfXx
12-05-2008, 09:06 PM
The college I go to got all scared because of two shootings that happened, and decided to hire security and crap. It's ridiculous...

SFisher1993
12-05-2008, 09:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Plutonium_Kenny:
I know at my college, there are a billion cameras....and we've only had one burglary in the history of it. I mean we're adults, why the hell do we need cameras to make sure we're not selling dope or something? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because schools and colleges don't believe in the constitution anymore, it seems.

EDIT: Another thing I hate is the stupid writing subjects in English class. The teachers always expect us to write two pages on something you can only make a few paragraphs out of.

MKCC14
12-05-2008, 09:33 PM
I thought mines was the only like this, cameras everywhere, no electronics what-so-ever even if it is a camera to do a class project, metal detectors where you have to take off shoes, belts, etc. This is everyday I swear its a prison. They send you to the dean if you are standing anywhere in front or around the school premises...they think you're a drug dealer or something.

SFisher1993
12-05-2008, 09:36 PM
My school doesn't have metal detectors (thank god!) But that's pretty stupid that they're putting metal detectors into schools!

GrImReApEr192
12-05-2008, 10:00 PM
My school makes us pay for a parking spot,15 bucks a year,not that bad.

The bad thing is there isnt enough parking spots for half the drivers,and if you park in someone else's spot or in the striped lines you get suspended.

do they not want us coming to school?

SFisher1993
12-05-2008, 10:13 PM
Suspension just for parking on the lines?!

WTF?!

WhiteKnight77
12-05-2008, 10:50 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SFisher1993:
Suspension just for parking on the lines?!

WTF?! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Most likely the gores at the end of the parking line is lined off tho show that it is not a parking space.

High schools have had cameras for 30 years, mine had them from before I even started going there.

Other than that, I don't have any worries about school. I haven't gone to one in 16 years.

ROLNIK
12-05-2008, 11:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SFisher1993:
There's a uniform policy in Poland? I go to to school in Texas and we don't have that policy, except on Wednsdays when we wear our ROTC uniforms. I agree about security, though. At my school you can't turn your head without seeing a ******ed camera. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I don't live in poland but yeah, they do have uniforms there. I heard that they brought back the idea of uniforms to the public schools throughout the whole country like last year or so.
Right now I live in US fyi.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">My school doesn't have metal detectors (thank god!) But that's pretty stupid that they're putting metal detectors into schools! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Mine does but anytime it goes off noone gives a **** http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif
and they also have xrays but those guards aren't even paying attention to the monitors at all.

halo_99
12-06-2008, 12:07 AM
My biology teacher always lies. People ask her an honest question, and all she does is make up some crazy bull**** and everybody thinks she's right.

SFisher1993
12-06-2008, 07:48 AM
My biology teacher is the one who says we never try when we fail a test. All she does is laugh in our faces! It's embarrasing.

Aj6627
12-06-2008, 11:57 AM
Just because a school has cameras doesn't mean that it is violating the Constitution.

Please read the Constitution before you put out ignorant statements like that.

SFisher1993
12-06-2008, 04:54 PM
Well pardon me for putting a "Ignorant statement". What I should've said was school's don't believe in other people's freedom anymore.

xXsh4d0w.w0lfXx
12-06-2008, 08:14 PM
Well pardon me for putting a "Ignorant statement". What I should've said was school's don't believe in other people's freedom anymore. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Huh....when your under the age of 18, you don't have rights.

SFisher1993
12-06-2008, 08:21 PM
Oh.

Pilo_T
12-06-2008, 09:16 PM
Cameras don't take away freedom at all...
Anything you can't do in front of a camera you don't have the right to do anyway, so I don't see the problem.

The only thing I can think of at the top of my head right now that I hate about school is that all my teachers say they require you to buy the book for their class. $700 later I haven't opened a single one, and I'll probably only get $200 when I sell them back.

SFisher1993
12-06-2008, 10:06 PM
That sucks about the books.

cooldude6681
12-06-2008, 11:33 PM
What about school makes me mad? The fact that all our buildings have steel frames that act like faraday cages, making it very difficult to get any cellphone reception indoors. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif Ugh, and all the homework the teachers give out. Seriously, 6 hours of reading on the weekend? Do they think we don't have a social life or something? And the textbooks are $60 each! That's like, the price of a video game; and it's not even fun to read. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif God, school SUCKS! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

[/sarcasm]

No, but seriously, nothing in school really makes me mad. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

Pilo_T
12-07-2008, 12:29 AM
$60 text books? Holy hell. Where do you go to school? If I can get a text book for $60, even used, I go out and by myself a fancy dinner to celebrate. Most of my books land somewhere between $100 and $150, and I'm talking about gen ed classes too. You get $40 - $50 when you sell them back too. Sucks a lot of ****.

Aj6627
12-07-2008, 12:32 AM
That's why you never sell back to the bookstore, and never buy from them. Buy from other students, or from Ebay/Amazon/Half.com

cooldude6681
12-07-2008, 02:41 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pilo_T:
$60 text books? Holy hell. Where do you go to school? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Local community college. I haven't had to buy many books yet, though, as I've only taken three (very light) quarters. I think $70 (calculus textbook) was the most I've paid for a book thus far.

SFisher1993
12-07-2008, 08:56 AM
Wow.

scworld
12-07-2008, 10:10 AM
No metal detectors,
no uniforms,
no Faraday cages,
no cameras.

Neither on (high) school nor college.
I guess the Netherlands pwn again.

The thing that makes me mad is that even tho it's a Computer Science building, the noobs over there can't make a good, accessible wireless network. And beamers dont work or take 10 minutes to set-up. Books are like 60 euros (I guess that's like $80), but usually around 80-100... and then we don't even use them.

SFisher1993
12-07-2008, 03:02 PM
That's dumb that they make you pay good money for a book you never use.

I_am_a_SC
12-07-2008, 07:03 PM
Since I am an adult, and am no longer in school, this topic really doesn't apply to me but I do have 4 children in school so in a way it does. What I do not like is what is taught. They teach evolution as fact when it is not. I would like to see creation also taught for the parents who do not teach their children evolution.

ROLNIK
12-07-2008, 07:20 PM
^ I'd question that...

GrImReApEr192
12-07-2008, 08:45 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by I_am_a_SC:
Since I am an adult, and am no longer in school, this topic really doesn't apply to me but I do have 4 children in school so in a way it does. What I do not like is what is taught. They teach evolution as fact when it is not. I would like to see creation also taught for the parents who do not teach their children evolution. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I disagree, evolution has actual evidence and facts, i admit it's not proven true. But it holds a lot more ground then stories written in a book.

cooldude6681
12-07-2008, 11:05 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif You got some cheap tuition, dude. My 14-credit winter quarter will be $900-some (I want to say $932?) for tuition + fees + taxes.

insanity76
12-08-2008, 09:38 AM
What I hated about my high school was that it seemed like every single classroom I ever went into during my time there was either way too hot or way too cold.

Pilo_T
12-08-2008, 11:34 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by I_am_a_SC:
Since I am an adult, and am no longer in school, this topic really doesn't apply to me but I do have 4 children in school so in a way it does. What I do not like is what is taught. They teach evolution as fact when it is not. I would like to see creation also taught for the parents who do not teach their children evolution. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
In my high school evolution was taught as probable, which it is. Creation wasn't taught because, well, school is supposed to provide an education, so that would be counterproductive to its purpose. I don't necessarily believe in Evolution, but Creation is absolutely ridiculous. God is equally ridiculous.

TheRealSam
12-08-2008, 12:05 PM
That's dumb that they make you pay good money for a book you never use. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So you guys only read a book because you must??
Just start to read them because you want to!
Then you won`t have paid for nothing and you`d become smarter. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

scworld
12-09-2008, 12:11 PM
There's nothing wrong with vector calculus. It makes 3D games, so that's good.

Some books I do read, like we only did a few chapters of some book, and later I read the more advanced topics. But stuff like 1000 pages for a databases book, or computer architecture (which I dont like), of course won't be read.

It makes good filling on my storage-area and it looks nerdy, so it's cool http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Omega_224
12-24-2008, 02:20 AM
My high school didn't have cameras or metal detectors (although I don't blame anybody for putting that stuff in schools... all the psychos running around... scary) but we did have police officers walkin' around. With their guns. It was kinda cool.

Anyway, college sucks more. It's harder, requires actual work, and is holycrap expensive. It costs me about 10 grand a year for attendance. Plus books (from the bookstore averaging three or four hundred a semester [about half that off ebay]), plus $35 for parking permit...

It's awesome [/sarcasm]

...'sup?

Omega_224
01-16-2009, 02:04 PM
Meh, it's alright. I like being there, it's just that it's a challenge to do the work. But yeah, my college I don't think has cameras. Although it does have the "Text in case of emergency" thing. Which came in handy last year when some illegal guys with weapons were on the run through campus lol