PDA

View Full Version : Breach Commanders

Velentix
11-28-2018, 04:34 AM
Could we get the commanders some uniqueness? I'd love to see the knights maps have Apollyon type commanders, Vikings have some sort of crazy Warlord or Valkyrie commander, and samurai have shugo or kensei type commanders, all of which are beefed up as needed of course.

Illyrian_King
11-28-2018, 02:57 PM
I would want if the Samurai Commander actually wielded a Nodachi instead of an European Longsword.

Same with the Viking one ... he could get a Dane Axe instead. The animations would still look good.

Herbstlicht
11-28-2018, 05:14 PM
I'd be ok (or even like) more unique movesets as well. And if some movesets are stronger, then just give the attackers a little extra time or / and extra tickets. Guess nothing that can't be balanced out.

Ubiflowessence
11-28-2018, 09:37 PM
Thanks for suggestions! I'm interested to know what everyone else thinks about having more unique commanders in Breach as well. I'd like to ask, what do you all think would be the purpose of adding more unique styles and features to the commanders?

Also, feel free to continue sharing more features you would add to the commanders! ��

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
11-28-2018, 10:20 PM
Commander should be able to gb through attacks on occasion lift up someone with one arm and snap their neck like a boss when he is at critical. It would count as an execution and the same laws as regular executions apply.

Illyrian_King
11-29-2018, 12:25 AM
Commander should be able to gb through attacks on occasion lift up someone with one arm and snap their neck like a boss when he is at critical. It would count as an execution and the same laws as regular executions apply.

It wouldn't even be exaggerated considering what a freakin giant he is ...

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
11-29-2018, 04:32 AM
It wouldn't even be exaggerated considering what a freakin giant he is ...

I know right!?!

Vendelkin
11-29-2018, 05:34 AM
Thanks for suggestions! I'm interested to know what everyone else thinks about having more unique commanders in Breach as well. I'd like to ask, what do you all think would be the purpose of adding more unique styles and features to the commanders?

Also, feel free to continue sharing more features you would add to the commanders! ��

I like this idea a lot. Even if it starts as just a reskin it would make the game more immersive, and if it eventually came with unique movesets it would put more players on their toes. I like this idea a lot!

Soldier_of_Dawn
11-29-2018, 02:45 PM
Here's what I said about Commanders and Guardians in feedback on the Matching Fire Open Test:

The Guardian
I see this as more of a bonus element to the strategy of Breach, yet, a real game changer. The damage, defense, and speed buff is a great reward for how long you have to break away from the main fight. Things get even more interesting when members of both teams fight over him since it is about who gets the final blow. When playing on Walled City, I had no idea there were two guardians; a huge plot twist in my book. Correct me if I'm wrong but do Guardians respawn over time as well?

I would prefer it if guardians had a full moveset like the characters they resemble. Increasing their AI would also be a plus in my book. Overall, their tools are very limited and their behaviour is very repetitive. They are like fighting a 1980's boss where you have to remember the pattern and time your moves around it to win. Their design needs to improve a lot. Hopefully, the level 3 guardians will be full fighters.

The Commander
While the Commander is a powerful character that can deal high damage blows that knock you down and can throw bombs, I have the following issues:

I wish your team healing abilities made more of difference for the commanders.

Terrible AI. Usually set to a level 1 bot. Anything less than level 3 is not really challenging. Same for the guardians. Only the numbers game makes taking on the Commanders challenging.

Limited moveset. If I'm going face a giant Kensei, I want to deal with the tank version of his entire moveset. Hopefully, the level 3 versions will address this.

All commanders have the huge tank design. While they are good in their own right, more variety wouldn't hurt. I was looking forward to more of a Test Your Metal design or Season 1 characters, before any nerfs, with extra buffs. Examples include the following:

The Season 1 Conqueror had Superior Block with all of his blocks. He could floor his opponents with his Shield Bash while in revenge, and get a guaranteed attack from a Charging Shield Crush. Imagine if he had all of Season 1's and 7's perks; throw in a large health pool and that would make a great Commander.
Season 1 Shugoki could floor his opponents with his Charge Of The Oni and get a guaranteed heavy.
Gudmur was a buffed Warlord with a few extra tools and a huge health pool. Tozen and Apollyon were legit bosses.
Many players still look forward to facing Daubeny on the battlefield. You have to make him the ultimate warden!

Inzzane_79
11-29-2018, 04:08 PM
Is there a reason why the defending Team has infinite respawns and the attacker limited? Why not both have equal respawns and if the pool of the defenders is empty the way to the commander is instantly opened and the attacker Team has a time Limit of 2min to kill him and win the round. Same the other way around, if all attacker respawn Points are gone, the defenders get 2min to destroy the siege maschine.

Right now, defenders can run in like maniacs and besides the respawn time Penalty have no downside to dying over and over again.

Last, why is there the same time Limit for the last stage when my Team manages to get to the commander within 10min compared to a Team that takes 20min to reach that stage? We had a game were my Team was able to stomp the defenders hard and we reached the commander very fast.....just to see we get 3min to kill him. Defender Team turtled hard and we lost (yes, of Course our own fault for not pushing enough and coordinating attacks but still it was Kind of a bummer to see that)

MrGrippz
12-01-2018, 01:36 AM
Also give the commander a little more defense or the ability to receive team shields. He gets melted a little too quickly lol.

RenegadeRasta
12-01-2018, 04:08 AM
Why don't the Samurai and Viking commanders and gaurdians have their respective weapons in the first place? What kind of nonsense is that? That's really all that needs to be changed.