PDA

View Full Version : Well, now it's confirmed.

FROGGEman2
08-19-2009, 04:53 AM
The new update - Black or White? (http://assassinscreed.uk.ubi.com/assassins-creed-2/community_news/) - is here for two obvious reasons, to clarify the issue we had a little while ago with the Just an Idea (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/1001090287) discussion, and to clarify that no, we will NOT be getting those three extra missions as DLC. Sorry guys...

FROGGEman2
08-19-2009, 04:53 AM
The new update - Black or White? (http://assassinscreed.uk.ubi.com/assassins-creed-2/community_news/) - is here for two obvious reasons, to clarify the issue we had a little while ago with the Just an Idea (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/1001090287) discussion, and to clarify that no, we will NOT be getting those three extra missions as DLC. Sorry guys...

Ureh
08-19-2009, 05:03 AM
Why couldn't they just say it straight out? "No, these maps will not be available for DLC. Ever."
Instead they're playing it like a sly squirrel:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Exclusive in-game quests can only be found in the limited editions and each quest will offer a unique gameplay experience within the walls of the most secretive monuments from the Italian Renaissance such as the Medici palace, Venice arsenal shipyard or the Santa Maria Dei Frari church. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well, if this means it won't be DLC, then that must mean they'll be part of the disc, right? That's good news for me!

Altaezio
08-19-2009, 07:18 AM
So in The Master Assassins Edition, That Will Have A Map Of Palazzo Medici, Nd Santa Marie De Frairi. Not The Missions?? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

Account_Deleted
08-19-2009, 07:28 AM
eh screw it , i'm not changing my way anymore,
they should of told this at the start.. would of been easier,

i'm on pre ordering MW2
If the black edition or mission are just things thay that help with the story line, they'd be release soon enough after release of the game

thekyle0
08-19-2009, 09:52 AM
Tell me how MW2 is won't you? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

madmanmadland
08-22-2009, 07:57 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Altaezio:
So in The Master Assassins Edition, That Will Have A Map Of Palazzo Medici, Nd Santa Marie De Frairi. Not The Missions?? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The map means that you get the in game map, as in you get to go to the place and do the mission. There is no point of having a paper map of a place you can't explore.

dotdrew
08-23-2009, 08:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ureh:
Why couldn't they just say it straight out? "No, these maps will not be available for DLC. Ever."
Instead they're playing it like a sly squirrel:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Exclusive in-game quests can only be found in the limited editions and each quest will offer a unique gameplay experience within the walls of the most secretive monuments from the Italian Renaissance such as the Medici palace, Venice arsenal shipyard or the Santa Maria Dei Frari church. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well, if this means it won't be DLC, then that must mean they'll be part of the disc, right? That's good news for me! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Not necessarily, the golden lancer in Gears of war 2 was limited edition only and you had to download that with a code found inside the box. So technically, it's DLC that can't be bought through regular means.

EmperorxZurg
08-23-2009, 08:32 PM
ya, and once the code was inputed it couldn't be repeated, I know because one of my friends tried to that exact thing and leech off of my code, so if they just came with that sort of add-on type thing, it would probably work

Biomedical-Fire
08-24-2009, 12:39 PM
Yeah, this really does bite since I was looking forward to the Venice Arsenal Shipyard being added as DLC later on because it not coming in the N. American "Master Assassin's" Edition.

Cornik22
08-24-2009, 12:59 PM
Itīs ok that I preorered the black edition, the only version including the arsenal shipyard (but really, who cares about this stupid extras?) To my undertanding, the exterior of those buildings will be in every game. Itīs access to the interior what you are buying with the special editions (sorry if Iīm being obvious). What I donīt know is if there will be something like a side mission in each place, or you just walk around looking for treasure chests.

Cornik22
08-24-2009, 01:28 PM
Thank you for your advice, C-swain! Iīve changed my last post according to what you told me http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Biomedical-Fire
08-24-2009, 02:05 PM
Well yeah, there are plenty of people out there who care about things like the extra content. Not only does it mean an extra place we can go to, but it means more playing time and some probably cool gadgets that you can you use in the game. I don't think that Ubi should penalize those people who can't get those extra missions because either A. They live in a region where they can't get the Black Edition or B. They can't afford to buy any of the Collector's Editions. So, yes there are people who do care, just look at those who buy DLC for games like; Fallout 3, CoD:WaW, GoW2, etc., etc.

caswallawn_2k7
08-24-2009, 02:17 PM
to be fair tho, all specail editions that dont offer exclusive game content generaly sell relay badly, as most people buy it for the game not the couple of bits threw in the box.

it is fair that these map's are exclusive to the collectors editions, sure they should of gave the US version the third map but I'm sure Ubi has thier reasons for doing this. but a specail edition without game content or a ingame benefit just wont sell.

it's not like these are going to be a massive part of the game chances are these may be a bit area to explore with the possibility of finding a decrative item for your house or what ever (going to asume the AC 2 house multiplayer is true based on the art dealers in game)

so realy in the long run the map's may just have a couple of extra decorations you can show off to say look what I found in the specail edition. it's not as if you are going to run these 3 small side quests and sudenly it tells you the entire story pluss what isnt even in the game or that is gives you some imense weapon that can kill anything.

they are just a gimik desgined to give a gameplay insentive so the specail editions apeal to a much larger audience since the group of players who actualy collect the figures and books is actualy quite small in comparison to the number of people who enjoy the little bits of game play or asstetics that have been added for the specail edition.

Biomedical-Fire
08-24-2009, 07:18 PM
Since in N. America we only get Medici Palace and the Santa Maria Dei Frari church with the Master Assassin Edition, the rewards for those will be an premium theme and Ezio clothes for our Avatars. Of course this would be for those of us who has the 360 version of the game. Don't take this as truth, this is my mere speculation. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

obliviondoll
08-25-2009, 08:26 PM
It's possible there'll be AC2 themes and Home accessories on PSN too. Less likely than on 360, though I hope they do something for Home.

thekyle0
08-25-2009, 08:54 PM
I guess not getting the the arsenal shipyard means one less dungeon to go through to unlock the hidden reward.

Biomedical-Fire
08-25-2009, 10:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by thekyle0:
I guess not getting the the arsenal shipyard means one less dungeon to go through to unlock the hidden reward. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah, I guess we'll be on the outside looking in on this one. If these aren't contained on the game disk, but as DLC codes, hopefully I can pick up the Arsenal Shipyard on ebay.

desonnac0
08-26-2009, 12:47 AM
Pfff... I think it's a bad call by Ubi- now some people, instead of buying a "regular edittion" will just wait for somebody to leak the black exclusive to the torrent trackers and just download illegaly, just because they wanna see the maps.
One way or another, allot of people are gonna get the black without paying that extra cash(or paying at all).
They are gonna lose some profits on this one.
Just like the armor code for Mass Effect 2.

thekyle0
08-26-2009, 06:22 AM
Crap. I forgot it was DLC codes. So I guess that's 3 less dungeons for me to go through. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

Unless I man up and blow $60 on a wireless Xbox live connecting thing.

Sypron
08-26-2009, 06:54 AM
Those statements do not confirm that the extra content will have to be downloaded. It is entirely feasible that the extra content will be shipped on the disc that comes in the special edition. I'm not saying it's more likely, just that it has equal merit as a theory.
As you said, the blog reads:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Exclusive in-game quests can only be found in the limited editions and each quest will offer a unique gameplay experience within the walls of the most secretive monuments from the Italian Renaissance such as the Medici palace, Venice arsenal shipyard or the Santa Maria Dei Frari church. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That, to me, doesn't say anything about how they will be delivered. Only that they will be exclusive to the special editions. And rightfully so. If I decide to pay extra money for the "Exclusive content" then it stands to reason that means it won't show up for everyone else later.

I know it's been confirmed at ACII will have DLC, but that DLC will probably be developed post-production, like most other games do. That DLC will probably be available to everyone willing to spend some extra money.

thekyle0
08-26-2009, 07:00 AM
On gamestop's website it says *internet connection required* underneath the captions for the maps.

Sypron
08-26-2009, 03:04 PM
Could still be exclusive DLC. Just because it's downloaded doesn't confirm it will be available to everyone.

EDIT:
Alright, I just checked the Gamestop page. I couldn't see where it said an internet connection was required for the Master edition maps, but, I found this next to the NORMAL edition

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Reserve Assassin's Creed 2 and receive a GameStop exclusive code to unlock one of the Renaissance's most prestigious monuments, the Palazzo Medici. You will receive exclusive access to this majestic building, and the freedom to discover the treasure hidden within it's ancient walls. Available for online and in-store customers while supplies last.

Online / In-Store Pickup Customers: Code and download instructions will be emailed to you when the game ships.

Store Customers: A rave card containing a code and download instructions will be available at time of game pick-up.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So it looks like they'll be exclusive DLC.

MrChurchSir
08-26-2009, 06:15 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sypron:
Could still be exclusive DLC. Just because it's downloaded doesn't confirm it will be available to everyone.

EDIT:
Alright, I just checked the Gamestop page. I couldn't see where it said an internet connection was required for the Master edition maps, but, I found this next to the NORMAL edition

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Reserve Assassin's Creed 2 and receive a GameStop exclusive code to unlock one of the Renaissance's most prestigious monuments, the Palazzo Medici. You will receive exclusive access to this majestic building, and the freedom to discover the treasure hidden within it's ancient walls. Available for online and in-store customers while supplies last.

Online / In-Store Pickup Customers: Code and download instructions will be emailed to you when the game ships.

Store Customers: A rave card containing a code and download instructions will be available at time of game pick-up.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So it looks like they'll be exclusive DLC. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Game-Stop gives you one map for pre-ordering and another for buying the Master Assassin's Edition, I believe. Although the MA may come with both, and you only get the one for preordering with the standard.

Biomedical-Fire
08-26-2009, 06:19 PM
If you wait awhile, the extra maps might show up on ebay if they're DLC codes. I hope they are because I'd like to go through the Arsenal Shipyard.

jonnyrox5
09-17-2009, 01:23 PM
i'm sorry if i'm a bit of a story maniac but i want the complete story and will these new maps or this dlc have more story involved? if anyone knows please reply

caswallawn_2k7
09-17-2009, 01:26 PM
the maps are most likely just going to be extra place to explore, they have however said these extra maps will be released for all via DLC eventually.

jonnyrox5
09-17-2009, 01:27 PM
ok thanks caswallawn_2k7

Altaezio
09-17-2009, 01:42 PM
What is DLC?

caswallawn_2k7
09-17-2009, 01:44 PM
downloadable content, the add-ons and stuff you get from games. (normally on consoles from Xbox live or PSN)