PDA

View Full Version : The Music of AC:R

FiskMunk
07-17-2011, 08:36 AM
Now that we're brought back to the Middle East in the AC franchise, what kind of music do you expect, or hope, to hear in the coming game?

Myself, I don't know what to expect (Is Kyd composing again?), but I'm hoping for a lot of tracks more akin to the ones of the first game, with a healthy amount of stuff from AC- II and Brotherhood thrown into the mix. Now I love all the soundtracks equally, but I'm not sure if the latter would fit into the environment and plot.

Anyway, I'm curious of everyone else's opinions.

FiskMunk
07-17-2011, 08:36 AM
Now that we're brought back to the Middle East in the AC franchise, what kind of music do you expect, or hope, to hear in the coming game?

Myself, I don't know what to expect (Is Kyd composing again?), but I'm hoping for a lot of tracks more akin to the ones of the first game, with a healthy amount of stuff from AC- II and Brotherhood thrown into the mix. Now I love all the soundtracks equally, but I'm not sure if the latter would fit into the environment and plot.

Anyway, I'm curious of everyone else's opinions.

MCRMJ
07-17-2011, 08:43 AM
I'm hoping more like AC2, the slightly more surreal sounding tracks from two like Earth and Home in Florence are my favorite tracks.

Wasn't a huge fan of the vocal/choire style tracks from Brotherhood (especially found the one that plays when you burn the Borgia towers down a bit jarring).

Really interested in hearing the Desmond sections this time around though.

Xanatos2007
07-17-2011, 08:07 PM
Since Altair and Masyaf are returning I hope we get to hear some sort of remix of the 'Masyaf theme' with those head-cleansing vocals. I hope Kyd doesn't try to make things too cinematic and instead focuses on setting that "Assassiny" atmosphere from AC1... at least while we're playing Altair.

Fairus60
07-17-2011, 11:01 PM
It might sound dumb, but Im looking forward to seeing if they release some sort of oriental version of Venice Rooftops for Altair┤s sequences. I admit I cant imagine how would it be.
Also Id like to see if they introduce musci in the style of the Woodkid song from the trailer in some parts of the game, like to emphasize the epicness or drama of the scene in display.

Xanatos2007
07-18-2011, 01:55 AM
Actually I'm rather hoping the main target chase theme from AC1 makes a return for Altair's segments too, that music gets me every time!

Of course I don't want to tell Sir Kyd how to do his job and I'm sure he doesn't want to be told either. I'm sure he's cooking up an audible treat though.

FiskMunk
07-18-2011, 02:37 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Actually I'm rather hoping the main target chase theme from AC1 makes a return for Altair's segments too, that music gets me every time! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You mean this one? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...HUxg&feature=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZH1NFziHUxg&feature=related)
Because I love it and hope some variant of it is used when playing Alta´r - And Ezio too, I want to hear it often http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif But I suppose muting AC:B and playing the track will have to suffice till then.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Of course I don't want to tell Sir Kyd how to do his job and I'm sure he doesn't want to be told either. I'm sure he's cooking up an audible treat though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's made it so far... Let's hope Ubi's got some way encourage him.
Like, threatening to hurt his beloved pet rock.

Turkiye96
07-18-2011, 06:04 PM
well to be historically accurate i how the music wont be ''middle eastern'' but rather some turkish ones ( they would have to be make them good coz IMO turkish music sucks... mabye not the very old music) and some intergrated ones, as Istanbul in 1511 was very diverse culturally and flavour wise...