PDA

View Full Version : The saddest story in the Game

broski0808
11-26-2018, 03:15 PM
https://acd-ugc-ps4-lnch.s3.amazonaws.com/photo/5bfb59fa75dcdb984807efaf/fullscreen
This has got to be the saddest story line in the entire history of the AC games. Ubisoft please make it so I can adopt this kid.

show_stoppa
11-26-2018, 03:20 PM
Yup. The voice acting was amazing.

And if you want a better ending:

Be harsh with her and tell her that this ends now. When you return later, she will have real friends with whom she will be playing

bizantura
11-26-2018, 04:06 PM
How do you tag that spoiler thingie?

broski0808
11-26-2018, 04:27 PM
I already finished the mission a while ago but I recently went back to the island and came a-crossed her again. When I start a new game I will remember that.

broski0808
11-26-2018, 04:29 PM
Under the go advanced option there is a little yellow diamond with a red line through it hit that and then put your message/photo there.

Evenflow2018
11-26-2018, 04:51 PM
Yeah, This and the plague ones on Kephallonia are the two I screwed up on by being "nice" but actually making the wrong decisions.

but even knowing what I know, when my wife started playing the game, I still had her save that family on Kephallonia , but the girl I told her to show tough love and tell her the truth, so when she came back the girl had friends and not melted mud statues.

Kinda bummed in my game though she is permanently alone.

cpldaniel
11-26-2018, 07:41 PM
Yeah, This and the plague ones on Kephallonia are the two I screwed up on by being "nice" but actually making the wrong decisions.

but even knowing what I know, when my wife started playing the game, I still had her save that family on Kephallonia , but the girl I told her to show tough love and tell her the truth, so when she came back the girl had friends and not melted mud statues.

Kinda bummed in my game though she is permanently alone.

You're supposed to save the family. Kephalonia level is introductory training, it's teaching players how the game works. Everything about that scene is placed deliberately to contrast the healthy family with the ruinous death, destruction, and devastation of the plague world around them. The whole cutscene is designed to drive players to select the obvious right choice to save the healthy family by contrasting them with the black environment that's inserted around them. The village is shown as incredibly devastated to such degree that it's obviously been many many many incubation cycles since any plague was first introduced and spread around having already killed everybody not living in an underground fall-out shelter. YET THESE PEOPLE ARE DELIBERATELY PORTRAYED WITHOUT ENOUGH SYMPTOMS TO DIAGNOSE THE COMMON COLD, LET ALONE PLAGUE!!!

It's designed to teach players in a CAN'T MISS BECAUSE IT HITS YOU OVER THE HEAD WITH A HAMMER message that what you select in dialogue boxes changes the world around you...This is where they implant the suggestion early on that player choice matters while teaching you the dialogue box mechanics effect. It may be a lie, but it's a powerful lie that helps the developer deliver a positive game experience. In other words, it serves a purpose........
[Assuming Ubisoft ever fixed any of the big problems underlying the actual game's other visible programmed mechanics]

longjohn119
11-27-2018, 12:59 AM
https://acd-ugc-ps4-lnch.s3.amazonaws.com/photo/5bfb59fa75dcdb984807efaf/fullscreen
This has got to be the saddest story line in the entire history of the AC games. Ubisoft please make it so I can adopt this kid.

No that would be the Crocodile drowning the little girl in Origins and you finding her chained to a big weight ...... I couldn't wait to get my hands on that old witch after that ......

UbiCosmos
11-28-2018, 03:38 AM
This thread hit me right in the feels, that poor little girl. :(

DreadGrrl
11-29-2018, 01:59 AM
You're supposed to save the family. Kephalonia level is introductory training, it's teaching players how the game works. Everything about that scene is placed deliberately to contrast the healthy family with the ruinous death, destruction, and devastation of the plague world around them. The whole cutscene is designed to drive players to select the obvious right choice to save the healthy family by contrasting them with the black environment that's inserted around them. The village is shown as incredibly devastated to such degree that it's obviously been many many many incubation cycles since any plague was first introduced and spread around having already killed everybody not living in an underground fall-out shelter. YET THESE PEOPLE ARE DELIBERATELY PORTRAYED WITHOUT ENOUGH SYMPTOMS TO DIAGNOSE THE COMMON COLD, LET ALONE PLAGUE!!!

It's designed to teach players in a CAN'T MISS BECAUSE IT HITS YOU OVER THE HEAD WITH A HAMMER message that what you select in dialogue boxes changes the world around you...This is where they implant the suggestion early on that player choice matters while teaching you the dialogue box mechanics effect. It may be a lie, but it's a powerful lie that helps the developer deliver a positive game experience. In other words, it serves a purpose........
[Assuming Ubisoft ever fixed any of the big problems underlying the actual game's other visible programmed mechanics]

The mother clearly states that they’re “not that sick” (or something to that effect). That was more than enough to raise the alarm bells for me. They died.

Poor girl was left alone with her clay friends in my game, though. I didn’t see that one coming.

cpldaniel
11-30-2018, 06:40 AM
The mother clearly states that they’re “not that sick” (or something to that effect). That was more than enough to raise the alarm bells for me. They died.

Poor girl was left alone with her clay friends in my game, though. I didn’t see that one coming.

Hearsay! "We are not THAAT SICK" is not an assessment of plague but a statement of comparison she's using to point out the obvious contrast that exists between her healthy family and the OBVIOUSLY health crisis infecting the world around them. Also it's an AMBIGUOUS statement, made by an unsophisticated woman without her lawyer's counsel present in choosing specific words, by an immigrant woman who couldn't even speak Greek!! [The words are deliberately ambiguous because everything in this scene is chosen deliberately to insert a rationale myth for dumb NPC's to make their actions plausibly believable to the (hopefully smarter than an NPC) PLAYER. You see the plague around this family. You see smoke, burned ash, soot, and particles from burned straw bedding and housing materials saturating the air, irritating eye, nose, & throat reflexes (cough, ambiguous, cough).

WHAT YOU DO NOT SEE IN THIS FAMILY: swollen large red legions lacerating on the skin; swollen lymph around the neck, throat & genitals; pustular eruptions lacerate the skin (with specific smells so disgusting that I will not describe); finger-nails or toes that appear BLACK & BLUE along with other extremities; bleeding around throat or tongue; Internal sensation of uncontrollable burning making the infected feel so uncomfortable to the slightest touch of linen or clothing and they will go outside throwing themselves into the public rain-collection troughs for relief from the burning-heat sensation but to know avail (<--Actual Greek plague description by Thucydides); bleeding around throat or tongue; swollen dark red eyes; and a bleeding diarrhea that is generally fatal and constantly expelling fluids from the body creating visibly-extreme symptoms of mass-dehydration with pounds of water mass missing from the debilitated body.

I'm leaving out a few because why pile on symptoms lists that I really should have list formatting for. Thucydides also records the plague being most often fatal by day seven. So for plague to be brought, spread, symptoms appear, and this entire town to be dead, burned, destroyed, by plague and the realization of plague sent to another city with enough resources to confirm, deliberate, gather forces together, and march on the town to destroy it thus leaving the scene we have here, that family has been wallowing around the infected for weeks, but they are fine. They carry genes that are unusually resistant to the plague and the absolute worst thing Kephelonia could possibly do is wipe this family's plague-resistant gene from the island's gene pool.

DreadGrrl
11-30-2018, 07:56 PM
@cpldaniel . . . Are you in the medical profession, or perhaps a historian? Your knowledge of plague vastly exceeds mine, and the points you’ve brought up are things I never would have personally considered.

From my uneducated POV, they had to go.

cpldaniel
12-01-2018, 12:05 AM
@cpldaniel . . . Are you in the medical profession, or perhaps a historian? Your knowledge of plague vastly exceeds mine, and the points you’ve brought up are things I never would have personally considered.

From my uneducated POV, they had to go.

You don't need to be an expert to recognize the elements of showing plague. The game makers built the scene, and if they wanted to show those people with plague, you would know it. You don't need to be a lung expert or respiratory expert to accept "as real" character's coughing when breathing in smoke & ash. Like I said, the purpose here is not to show plague because this is a training ground for teaching the players how the game works. You are supposed to save them so you get hit over the head with a can't-miss-lesson about the game's dialogue-box mechanic & that it changes the world around you.

RCDeschene
12-05-2018, 06:45 AM
You don't need to be an expert to recognize the elements of showing plague. The game makers built the scene, and if they wanted to show those people with plague, you would know it. You don't need to be a lung expert or respiratory expert to accept "as real" character's coughing when breathing in smoke & ash. Like I said, the purpose here is not to show plague because this is a training ground for teaching the players how the game works. You are supposed to save them so you get hit over the head with a can't-miss-lesson about the game's dialogue-box mechanic & that it changes the world around you.
Maybe the reason why they didn't show plague symptoms is simple because of graphical convenience. Plus, just because they didn't look ill during the moment Kassandra caught them, doesn't mean they weren't in any early stages of the disease. Could it be possible that they were contagious, but the symptoms didn't become more prevalent until it was to late to tell? Even Colds commonly develop that way; you feel perfectly normal one day, then BAM, you're bed-ridden the next, discolored and all.