PDA

View Full Version : Rayman Legends Black Screen on Laptop

djsumdog
11-25-2018, 11:46 PM
I've got Rayman Legends via Steam + Uplay. If I start the game, I just get a blank screen and my monitor then reports no signal. There is no music, Alt+Enter doesn't work, and the only way I can get access to my desktop again is to use my KVM to switch back to my Linux box and then back to Windows (if you don't have a KVM, just unplug and replug the external display).

I'm using an MSI WS60 Laptop connected to an external display.

When I switch back, sometimes I get Rayman playing on the top/left 1/4 of the screen. I can then go into options and change it to windowed mode at 1080p (I'm running at 2160p/UHD on my external monitor) and that works, but it's really slow. If I try to go back to full screen, it disconnects the monitor again.

Now I cannot get it to come up at all! I suspect it's always sending the game to my laptop's monitor (which is shut, under the desk and not easy to get to). I had this issue with Destiny 2 and I ended up starting it in windowed mode and then switching it to full screen-windowed mode and it works fine now.

I suspect Rayman Legends is always sending the game to the wrong monitor (the laptop screen). My external is set to primary and the laptop display is set to disabled. Under display settings, "Multiple Displays" is set to "Show only on 2"

I suspect this game isn't designed to select the primary monitor, and instead just play on the monitor self-identified as "1" in Windows. How do I force it to launch using my external display? I've seen several other threads on this from years ago with no solutions.

alfaluck11
07-08-2019, 07:27 AM
I've got Rayman Legends via Steam + Uplay. If I start the game, I just get a blank screen and my monitor then reports no signal. There is no music, Alt+Enter doesn't work, and the only way I can get access to my desktop again is to use my KVM to switch back to my Linux box and then back to Windows (if you don't have a KVM, just unplug and replug the external display). I'm using Acer Aspire 4 Laptop (https://wheon.com/in/reviews/best-laptop-under-40000/) connected to an external display.

When I switch back, sometimes I get Rayman playing on the top/left 1/4 of the screen. I can then go into options and change it to windowed mode at 1080p (I'm running at 2160p/UHD on my external monitor) and that works, but it's really slow. If I try to go back to full screen, it disconnects the monitor again.

Now I cannot get it to come up at all! I suspect it's always sending the game to my laptop's monitor (which is shut, under the desk and not easy to get to). I had this issue with Destiny 2 and I ended up starting it in windowed mode and then switching it to the fullscreen-windowed mode and it works fine now.

I suspect Rayman Legends is always sending the game to the wrong monitor (the laptop screen). My external is set to primary and the laptop display is set to disabled. Under display settings, "Multiple Displays" is set to "Show only on 2"

I suspect this game isn't designed to select the primary monitor, and instead just play on the monitor self-identified as "1" in Windows. How do I force it to launch using my external display? I've seen several other threads on this from years ago with no solutions.

Hello forum admin I am facing the same issue please help me!!