PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Rebellion - Spears for Hire event too hard?

MrMacju
11-25-2018, 07:30 PM
So yeah, if I'm counting right, I'll need 550 000 event points to get Kassandra. Is that even possible to get within the time limit without using the Heroes which boost the earn rate and buying more Rift tokens? Will I be denied the Hero I want just because I don't want to pay for her? I'm lvl 10 at the moment, so I can't complete the missions which give the best rewards yet, and even with them it seems pretty hard to get the required amount of points. Any thoughts?

Mentor_Tumor
11-26-2018, 04:55 AM
I agree with you that the spears for hire event is too hard for new players like us. I am also around level 10~11 and from my calculations, if I play throughout the event, I would have around 250k-300k event points in total. That's far from the maximum rewards of 1 million points. But that's me or us who are new at the game.

If you calculate the event points based on the maximum amount obtainable if you can clear the highest content, that will be:
7000 x (100 free rift points per day / 25 rift point needed for last mission) x 10 event days = 280k event points

With maximum boost (200%), that will be 280k x 3 = 840k event points.

Correction:
Max boost = 100% (original reward) + 100% (boost hero) x 2 + 75% (boost hero) = 375%

Maximum possible event rift points w/o buying rift points = 375% x 6000 x (100 free rift points daily/23 rift points required/mission 9) x (10 days + 1 day worth of free rift points at the start = 1,076,086 points

So you are right in saying that, buying rift points will be needed if you want to get the maximum rewards at 1 million event points.

Now the question is, should the maximum reward at the spears for hire event be obtainable through free play or should it be obtainable only through purchase of rift points?
This will impact the design of future events.

Personally, I think that if the maximum rewards at the event should be obtainable through free play, it will make the game appear to be more f2p friendly, which is better for growing a community for the game, at the launch of this game.

Alternatively, free rift points can be given out during the event also, to encourage more gameplay.

onehitparry
11-26-2018, 06:40 AM
Darn, beat me to it! I just did the same calculation. It's a bummer that the max rewards are gated behind a pay wall.

EnticingDan
11-26-2018, 10:36 AM
I'm level 39 and been playing for over a year. pretty much max rank all possible assassins I can get from legacy missions.

I'm having major issues with the game crashing. I've a stockpile of helix credits I'd use for rift tokens. But the game crashes and I've lost prob 80 rift tokens from it.

Bug report is in so hopefully It'll be fixed.

BUT

helix rift events will be repeated. So you will get the chance to collect dna for Kass and Alex in the future. This is not a quick game but 1 that needs to be played daily for ages. My advice is to just plod along and you'll get there. Helix credits are given for daily rewards, so 600 a month. And 60 for daily challenges. Few assassins can't be found in legacy missions. So save those helix credits for when legandaries are on the shop. DNA cubes are generally a waste.

Esman.anno
11-27-2018, 03:15 PM
need help with Mission 9. I need 460 power for this mission and have 530, but got destroyed. Any special team setup needed for this mission? Also advice for mission 10 in advance will be grate. Thanks.

EnticingDan
11-29-2018, 09:23 AM
I agree with you that the spears for hire event is too hard for new players like us. I am also around level 10~11 and from my calculations, if I play throughout the event, I would have around 250k-300k event points in total. That's far from the maximum rewards of 1 million points. But that's me or us who are new at the game.

If you calculate the event points based on the maximum amount obtainable if you can clear the highest content, that will be:
7000 x (100 free rift points per day / 25 rift point needed for last mission) x 10 event days = 280k event points

With maximum boost (200%), that will be 280k x 3 = 840k event points.

So you are right in saying that, buying rift points will be needed if you want to get the maximum rewards at 1 million event points.

Also

Maximum boost is 325% 175% from Bartolme and 150% from 3 other heros, Shakir, Tereysa and Jorge. You need to select an assassination/stealth hero too and none have a bonus. Completing the last mission gives you 7k + 22,750 bonus rift fragments. you also need to complete the first 9 missions to unlock the 10th with highest return.But yeah, you'll probably earn Kassandra, but need to exchange helix for rift tokens to get Alex.

Neviim23
11-29-2018, 09:54 PM
For those of you wondering, the mission with the highest payout is actually the 9th level mission, it requires no assassin style character so you can use 3 boosters. With 2 refills on tickets (300 a piece) you can get to 1 million, and the challenges and such can get you that all for free (tiered animus challenge max tier pays 220 helix credits). And max boost is far above 200%, I have 2 characters that give 100% and my last one gives a boost of 75%, so I get 15k points from level 7, the third best point farm.

Mentor_Tumor
11-30-2018, 05:36 AM
Thanks for the correction. @dan @neviim

I made a mistake with the calculations, taking into account only 2 boost heroes.
Redoing the calculations:

Max boost = 100% (original reward) + 100% (boost hero) x 2 + 75% (boost hero) = 375%

Maximum possible event rift points w/o buying rift points = 375% x 6000 x (100 free rift points daily/23 rift points required/mission 9) x (10 days + 1 day worth of free rift points at the start = 1,076,086 points

So yes, it is possible to get the max progression rewards if you have the right boost heroes.

*Corrected my earlier post also.

Sef1n
11-30-2018, 11:38 AM
Problem with this even is that it didnt consider new players. I wanted to start day one, but I didnt get notification for that I am a bit angry that I am now a week behid.
With a feed behind I managed to finish all levels in the event for 3 starts.If anyone started at the start of event then he has no chance. The requirements are way too high.

Now the real issue... as you guys pointed out it is impossible to even achieve 500k sync points to get at least one hero.

What this tells us is that the game is incredibly cash grab oriented. It simply requires to you get the heroes with the bonus and level them to level 2 at very least so you can achieve some high level missions to rush. The event itself if nicely done with its little story line, but the focus on cash grab is dissgusting....

filipendulous
11-30-2018, 02:27 PM
I have a question about the event ranking and leveling up : I'm actually lvl 9, and in a ranking group for Brotherhood lvl 7-9. I'm getting pretty high in the group, and should get quite some Kassandra dna if I keep this place. So I was wondering if it was an attribution that you get at the start of the event or if by getting level 10, I will get to the Brotherhood level 10-?? ranking ?
Because I'm afraid to get less reward by going to an higher level group and actually wondering if I need to stop gaining xp and just farm the event.
Thanks to anyone having informations about that ! (:

Neviim23
11-30-2018, 03:18 PM
When you level up, you will not be moved to another grouping, the level you start at at the beginning of the event dictates the group, I am also in level 7 to 9 but I am level 11 now. Also, the max for a bonus on a hero is actually 225% (just for the yellows). It looks like every time you promote an assassin, their bonus increases by 25%. I have a purple at 2 stars and a blue at 3 stars, they both give a 100% bonus, and my 3rd blue gives a 75% bonus at 2 stars. Max bonus you can get for the entire event is 650% (two yellows and one purple), which means the max points you can get for free without buying tickets is 1,800,000. Mind you, that is with all heroes being used at 5 stars, and running level 9 every time.

filipendulous
11-30-2018, 03:36 PM
Awesome, then I'll keep leveling up. Thanks a lot !

Sef1n
11-30-2018, 04:05 PM
When you level up, you will not be moved to another grouping, the level you start at at the beginning of the event dictates the group, I am also in level 7 to 9 but I am level 11 now. Also, the max for a bonus on a hero is actually 225% (just for the yellows). It looks like every time you promote an assassin, their bonus increases by 25%. I have a purple at 2 stars and a blue at 3 stars, they both give a 100% bonus, and my 3rd blue gives a 75% bonus at 2 stars. Max bonus you can get for the entire event is 650% (two yellows and one purple), which means the max points you can get for free without buying tickets is 1,800,000. Mind you, that is with all heroes being used at 5 stars, and running level 9 every time.

Iam a bit confused by your numbers. Only specific heroes are giving bonus to event. 2 legendary heroes are givinf 100% boost, then 2 with 75% and two give 50%.
That bonus does not increase with promotion or it does?

Darth_Donald
11-30-2018, 04:14 PM
I'm also in the 7-9 group, now level 11. What rank are you guys on the leaderboard?

onehitparry
11-30-2018, 05:16 PM
I'm rank 63, but I'm in the level 10-14 group.

Neviim23
11-30-2018, 08:00 PM
When you promote those specific heroes, the bonuses they give go up by 25% per promotion. For example, I have Tereysa, one of the rare heroes that only gives a boost of 50%. That is if she is only a 1 star hero. Right now, my Tereysa is a 3-star hero, and gives me a boost of 100% (+25% for each promotion, max increase is 100% at 5-stars).

Neviim23
11-30-2018, 08:02 PM
I am in level 7-9 group and am currently in 1st place with 597,907 points.

Sef1n
11-30-2018, 10:11 PM
When you promote those specific heroes, the bonuses they give go up by 25% per promotion. For example, I have Tereysa, one of the rare heroes that only gives a boost of 50%. That is if she is only a 1 star hero. Right now, my Tereysa is a 3-star hero, and gives me a boost of 100% (+25% for each promotion, max increase is 100% at 5-stars).

ou nice, I didnt know that. Pity I wont manage to level them up :( so little time and always out of intel :S

cdeanoh
11-30-2018, 10:38 PM
I'm doing ok with it overall but the jump in difficulty between level 8 and 9 is HUGE!

I didn't have any difficulty clearing 3 stars at the recommended levels for any of them through step 8. I tried 9 as soon as I could but had my butt totally handed to me. I'm 2 levels higher now and just retried ... same result.

Now, i"m probably totally out of my original ranking and because you totally lose the tickets needed to try cannot rush a lower level in order to keep my level.

My caution to those who have not tried level 9 is to simply wait until a higher level and rush level 8 to maintain your rank. Unless you are buying tickets you will lose your rank and be unable to get it back.

If anyone has passed level 9 and would like to share some advice please let us know.

I was rank 13 before these two attempts and am now at level 19, FYI.

Otherwise, I'm enjoying this nice little game.

Darth_Donald
12-01-2018, 12:50 AM
I am in level 7-9 group and am currently in 1st place with 597,907 points.

Weird, I'm also in that group and I'm also in first place with 540k, and the second place person is 200k behind

Sideshow Jed
12-01-2018, 02:13 AM
Fairly certain you get assigned a pod of 150 players when you start the event up. Hence multiple #1s.

Unrelatedly, I was gonna ask about levelling out of a group. Glad I dont have to stall for days just to pick up Alexios.

EnticingDan
12-01-2018, 11:44 AM
For those of you wondering, the mission with the highest payout is actually the 9th level mission, it requires no assassin style character so you can use 3 boosters. With 2 refills on tickets (300 a piece) you can get to 1 million, and the challenges and such can get you that all for free (tiered animus challenge max tier pays 220 helix credits). And max boost is far above 200%, I have 2 characters that give 100% and my last one gives a boost of 75%, so I get 15k points from level 7, the third best point farm.

Huh, I didn't pick that up. Cheers. All other rift events the last mission is always the most profitable...

EnticingDan
12-01-2018, 12:00 PM

Interesting... So there's a base boost for each hero that increases depending on that hero's rank?

Domingo, legandary, is rank 2 for me and gives a boost of 125%.
Bartolme, epic, is rank 5 and gives 175%.
Shakir, epic is rank 4 and gives 150%

I'm guna farm the last 13 dna I need to promote Shakir and see what happens...

And this is definitely a new mechanic in Rift events. Previous rift events the Legendary heroes always gave best/max boost.

EDIT:

Yep now bonus is tied to rank of the hero used. Which is a new mechanic since the update. Or maybe it's for this event. It'll be interesting to see what happens when the repeat an old event like speed running one...

EnticingDan
12-01-2018, 12:08 PM
Weird, I'm also in that group and I'm also in first place with 540k, and the second place person is 200k behind

First place in the level 31-39 bracket has 2,287,107...

I'm 35th with 970,561...

Darth_Donald
12-01-2018, 04:10 PM
First place in the level 31-39 bracket has 2,287,107...

I'm 35th with 970,561...

Jesus

EnticingDan
12-02-2018, 08:36 AM
Jesus

Now rank 1 has 2,539,107...

2nd place is 450k behind.