PDA

View Full Version : Mod Testing & Nvidia Card

Kaleun1961
11-01-2005, 05:51 PM
I have an Nvidia GeForce 6600 GT, 128 Mb video card on my system. Apparently Nvidia cards are troublesome with SH3.

Lately I have been play-testing the Improved U-boat mod and experienced the black sky problem. This made the daytime sky look like I was playing on the moon. I remedied this by applying another sky mod on top of IUB.

I tried experimenting this evening with the new 16 Km Atmosphere mod, which is a combination of changes affecting the sky, visibility and such. Again, I experienced the black sky effect, which went away after I uninstalled that mod.

I'm wondering if anybody else using this particular video card has been having any similar problems. It's a good card, except that this game really does not like it.

Kaleun1961
11-01-2005, 05:51 PM
I have an Nvidia GeForce 6600 GT, 128 Mb video card on my system. Apparently Nvidia cards are troublesome with SH3.

Lately I have been play-testing the Improved U-boat mod and experienced the black sky problem. This made the daytime sky look like I was playing on the moon. I remedied this by applying another sky mod on top of IUB.

I tried experimenting this evening with the new 16 Km Atmosphere mod, which is a combination of changes affecting the sky, visibility and such. Again, I experienced the black sky effect, which went away after I uninstalled that mod.

I'm wondering if anybody else using this particular video card has been having any similar problems. It's a good card, except that this game really does not like it.

Zatochi2005
11-01-2005, 07:05 PM
Hello Kaleun1961,

I am currently using an Evga Nvidia 6600GT and am also using the Improved U-boat mod but have not experienced that problem. I have seen some talk at the Subsim forums about other users having this problem and I think the author of the mod has posted a fix over there...look in the Improved U-boat message thread.

Love the mod btw.....

Razor149
11-01-2005, 07:30 PM
Hi guys,I use the BFG 6800gt oc,i have the black
sun problem to.But when i put new driver update
on (81.85) the sun looked awesome,my crews heads were grey and parts inside the sub were grey too.so i rolled back the driver.

HW3
11-01-2005, 10:11 PM
The 81.87 drivers fix the grey problem.

Razor149
11-02-2005, 12:04 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HW3:
The 81.87 drivers fix the grey problem. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

where can i find 81.87 driver?

NaturalBornGoth
11-02-2005, 07:59 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor149:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HW3:
The 81.87 drivers fix the grey problem. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

where can i find 81.87 driver? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here: http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp

click where it says "BETA driver" http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif