PDA

View Full Version : Cool controller/controller add-on idea Starlink

ArashiNiega
11-21-2018, 12:13 AM
I had a super cool idea with the controller that, what if the add-on was actually a joystick? It could have the 4 buttons on the front of the hand grip of the joystick. A few could be accessed by the thumbs. The off hand could hold the actual controller for stability and access to the other functional buttons. Also, of course, you could attach all possible ship components as well. When I first saw the add-on to the controller, I thought it was totally a joystick but was sadly disappointed. It would add a whole new level of immersiveness to the game. Even if it was a whole specialized controller I would totally but it. I feel like this should definitely happen.

Silvius_Fox
11-21-2018, 12:55 AM
So something like a flight stick for a PC but with a starlink ship mount on top?

Something like that is bound to be a bit pricey, I would think at a bare minimum it would cost $40 USD but could be as much as $80, and thatís without a ship, pilot, weapon, or even the game. The biggest hurdle would be having to make a different model for each gaming console, because each one uses slightly different HID(Human Interface Device) protocols not to mention each company is going to want Ubisoft to pay some sort of royalty fee.

It would still be nice to be able to use a flight stick for flight based games on consoles, the PS3 could use a few but only one was actually designed for it and had a home button. Sadly flight games havenít been as popular as thy once were.

Ubi-Lucipus
11-21-2018, 11:22 AM
Thank you for your suggestion ArashiNiega, it does sound like something close to a flight joystick :)

Silvius might be onto something in regards to making a completely different model to fit the consoles so it could be a big rework :)

I'll make sure to forward your idea, thanks again for your feedback!

Rushdown-
03-10-2019, 12:37 AM
Thank you for your suggestion ArashiNiega, it does sound like something close to a flight joystick :)

Silvius might be onto something in regards to making a completely different model to fit the consoles so it could be a big rework :)

I'll make sure to forward your idea, thanks again for your feedback!

I'm glad someone else thought this would be a good idea; I used to play with toys in the 90's called Flying Fighters (By Hasbro), and I think Starlink would fit right in with that kind of toy design. Just do a Google Image Search of Hasbro Flying Fighters and you'll see the potential.

My 3 year old son and I have collected all of Starlink's physical spaceships and weapons, and we have a blast just running around the house pretending to have space battles. It would be awesome to have joysticks that could mount the toys, cause the LEDs to glow, and even have buttons on the joystick that can mimic the in-game sound effects of the weapons. I know it will probably never happen, but I wanted to share my little dream just in the small off chance it could ever be reality. Anyway, thank you for taking the time to read this!