PDA

View Full Version : 1998 mplayer days

AnarchyPhil
06-28-2006, 12:35 AM
I have been hooked since the begining, modding maps, pistol whipping, 3d max and unrealed , been great fun. r6 , r6 eagle watch, roguespear, urban opps, cover opps, ghost recon's black thorn ravenshield, athena sword was a rerun of rvs and lockdown an inbred RVSGhost recon mismatch IMHO.... now if you can make this R5 look like RVS vegas... you will leap foward into the right direction as far as PC gaming goes... some more versitile editors, how about jump and more realistic crawling... weapons depot something it has not seen before... but other than that I still play all versions and will continue playing them.. just longer periods of no gaming ,till boardem wears off...

AnarchyPhil
06-28-2006, 12:35 AM
I have been hooked since the begining, modding maps, pistol whipping, 3d max and unrealed , been great fun. r6 , r6 eagle watch, roguespear, urban opps, cover opps, ghost recon's black thorn ravenshield, athena sword was a rerun of rvs and lockdown an inbred RVSGhost recon mismatch IMHO.... now if you can make this R5 look like RVS vegas... you will leap foward into the right direction as far as PC gaming goes... some more versitile editors, how about jump and more realistic crawling... weapons depot something it has not seen before... but other than that I still play all versions and will continue playing them.. just longer periods of no gaming ,till boardem wears off...

Vertigoh
07-10-2006, 11:41 AM
I remember playing RS on mplayer and then switching to TheZone ...ahhh the sweet sweet memories of killing campers in the bunker ...oh and remember the Anals of Venice? ...humping your kill was always cool.

...sorry just had to register so I can get all nostalgic

Actually, maybe someone here can help me out; I don't even know what the most current R6 is ...are any of them even playable on PC? ...I bought GRAW on the release date ...and put it on myshelf to take it out only when a new patch comes out, only to put it back on the shelf 20 minutes later.

Crushda
07-10-2006, 02:28 PM
Mplayer.com was the best place ever to hang around for gaming.
Having Rooms with good quality mic chat nd gaming at the same Time was just awsome
it brought the community together and people could develope a personal connection. You enterd a room and chatted with ppls gamed a little and talked a while. it was a great place.
bummer Ubisoft isnt going to buy Seemeplayme.com
they could rebuilt such a great place where people come to play.

Spec260
08-01-2006, 06:34 PM
I loved mplayer and the original r6 I played that game for about 4 years. Never had so much fun, what keept it alive was the clans and the ladders. Trying to get rank 1 and stay it was fun.

I like the idea of making a game that appears in the lobby and you can join it chat for a bit then launch the game. Or chat in the main lobby with everyone. I wish the new r6 games would use zone or a new system like mplayer was.