PDA

View Full Version : Gunners AI

walsh2509
11-12-2004, 01:55 PM
I just ended a quick mission set up my F6F-5 against a H8K1, now I holed this monster on the left side of the fuselage under the middle of the wing near the bottom.

It started spewing out thick black smoke that clung all the way along the left hand side of the fuselage and out by the rear gunner and trailed thick about 40yrds beyond.

I came back around and sat to the left of the thick black trail of smoke, so it obscured my ship from any of the gunners even the top gunner never fired on me. Yet as I closed in hidden by this trail, I could see parts of there craft as its so big but I could not see the tail or the rear gunner and he should not have been able to see me.

But as I got closer and still to the left of this very thick black trail, the rear gunner opened up and shot the $hit out of me?

There is no way he could have seen me, are the AI gunners triggered by distance (like a built in radar and if your in there area they open up even if you are hidden by thick black smoke?)

walsh2509
11-12-2004, 01:55 PM
I just ended a quick mission set up my F6F-5 against a H8K1, now I holed this monster on the left side of the fuselage under the middle of the wing near the bottom.

It started spewing out thick black smoke that clung all the way along the left hand side of the fuselage and out by the rear gunner and trailed thick about 40yrds beyond.

I came back around and sat to the left of the thick black trail of smoke, so it obscured my ship from any of the gunners even the top gunner never fired on me. Yet as I closed in hidden by this trail, I could see parts of there craft as its so big but I could not see the tail or the rear gunner and he should not have been able to see me.

But as I got closer and still to the left of this very thick black trail, the rear gunner opened up and shot the $hit out of me?

There is no way he could have seen me, are the AI gunners triggered by distance (like a built in radar and if your in there area they open up even if you are hidden by thick black smoke?)

Troll2k
11-12-2004, 04:14 PM
AI cheat.They have infrared radar and x-ray vision.And they use toon bullets that can follow you no matter where you go.

Tater-SW-
11-12-2004, 04:35 PM
The AI doesn't suffer from line of sight limitations. Clouds and smoke don't matter to them.

tater

Blottogg
11-12-2004, 04:39 PM
walsh2509, the Ai can see through smoke (and clouds, and their own aircraft...) The reason they didn't fire initially wasn't that they couldn't see you, but that different Ai experience levels (Ace, Veteran, Average or Rookie) shoot with different timing and accuracy. Veteran and Ace Ai gunners are particularly deadly. This problably won't be changed until 1C's next sim, Battle of Britain.

Jason Bourne
11-12-2004, 06:17 PM
on a similar note, does any one else have a problem where the mouse will not move the gunner turrets or fire the gun?