PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer Settlers 3 and Settlers 4

Hexsu2010
11-18-2018, 04:00 AM
I am disappointed with how they have done multiplayer. Dont buy History edion. There are no lobbys. You can only play whit friends from your friend list.
Its 2018 you cant market game "multiplayer via Uplay" tag and no lobbys and serves. :mad:

Ubi-Gumdrops
11-18-2018, 04:39 PM
Hey thanks for your feedback! Just moving this over to the correct forum so the community can comment and discuss.

Massacrul
11-18-2018, 04:47 PM
Ye, and can't even refund because I dared to download the game to check it.

I feel ripped off and lied to.

Tommy-1-
11-18-2018, 07:28 PM
Can we get an official statement, whether you plan to make improvements to the multiplayer implementation and add lobbies? This is very disappointing and I will definitely stay away from history editions unless something is done here. I was counting down the days to release, but this is sad.

Maru_93
11-18-2018, 11:20 PM
As far as I know, after an overwhelmingly negative feedback from the community regarding the horrendous implementation of the festering abomination of a Multiplayer system Ubi has agreed to reconsider the lobby feature. According to UBI-Barbalatu the following week shall bring us more information regarding the topic.

Ubi-Thorlof
11-20-2018, 12:52 PM
Can we get an official statement, whether you plan to make improvements to the multiplayer implementation and add lobbies? This is very disappointing and I will definitely stay away from history editions unless something is done here. I was counting down the days to release, but this is sad.We're looking into possibilities to implement a lobby system and will hopefully have an update to this topic later this week.

Bapi_89
12-10-2018, 01:01 PM
Any new timelines for having lobbies or something like that?

Ubi-Thorlof
12-12-2018, 06:28 PM
Stil on the list, still being looked into but we don't have any news to share yet.

Maru_93
12-21-2018, 11:14 PM
What's your purpose then?

Wimtzw
12-27-2018, 01:50 PM
Is there a chance we are going to get an answer on this question? Or is this a case where no one is going to break the silence because the real answer is worse than the no answer?

I can understand that this functionality doesn't have the highest priority, or that there are bigger problems that need to be solved, or that it would cost so much time that you end up with problems with other products down the line, or that it would require to largely rewrite the settlers 3 history edition. I would not be happy about it, but at least we would know what was going on. I'm not looking for a yes, or a no. But it would be nice to know what for you makes this question hard to answer. Because to me this looks like you are just delaying any answer because of the potential backlash of the answer.

hQFragZ
01-19-2019, 01:47 PM
Are there any news regarding lobbies in settlers 3/4 ??

Much appreciated not to get any general answer ..

SOSolacex
01-21-2019, 04:23 PM
I doubt it, but I'd also like to know if there is any progress regarding the AI in multiplayer desync issue.

Kashir1987
03-16-2019, 10:02 AM
They said they're looking into it... don't be persistent... it takes time... and community managers can only tell you as much as they're informed from Ubi @Mrau

Ubi-Thorlof
03-16-2019, 07:06 PM
Both topics are not off the table, we hope to soon have news regarding the lobbies, we know you've all been waiting a while for news already.

The desynch topic is an ongoing thing but unfortunately also not that easy to fix since there are quite a few possible causes for them and finding them takes time.
Feel free to send us savegames of affected matches at thesettlers-alliance@ubisoft.com so our team can investigate those.

Thank you for being so patient in this matter :)

CMacnair
03-17-2019, 02:55 PM
In the meantime, for those who are interested in connecting online, there are a group of players who play Settlers 3 online using an alternative lobby:

https://lobby.siedler3.net/en?lan=en

This is a very well established community with hundreds of players.

I don't think this works with the history edition though; you'd have to buy the original on gog.com